West At Home Agent

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by beckymom4two, Aug 6, 2006.

1. vkin9772

vkin9772 New Member

I have noticed that also. Like someone else said just keep going to trades because right now that seems like the best place to keep getting hours.
  2. Berni

Berni New Member

Thanks steph and vkin. Its a little disheartening because when I first started I could log in first thing in the morning and pick up hours for the afternoon if i wanted. I was actually hoping to be able to work 30 hours per week, and in the beginning I could. The past two weeks its been around twelve and crammed and only on saturday and sunday.
  3. steph

steph New Member

This is also the beginning of a new year which could be causing some delays in hours posting. I am certified in Toys and Virgin Mobile. Toys was the first thing I trained on when starting with west and later toys assist and than virgin mobile. I am glad that I took their offer to get certified on Virgin because I can not find any hours for toys posted some on trades but not enough to pull hours that I need.
  4. vkin9772

vkin9772 New Member

I get all messed up on the bypass statements also..don't forget that while you are logged on to work if your phone is dead you can go back to training.
  5. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Mlhati,
    guarantee schedules are offered from time to time but currently...lately I HAVE not had them.
  6. mcapers27

mcapers27 New Member

Hello everyone

I'm new; I have signed up to work with the west on 01/27/08. I received my email on 01/27/08 stating I was offered a position and to accept the offer. I have done so. How long does it take after you mail in the work authorization form and other docs before they contact you for an interview? I'm very excited about starting. Also I have checked the job board, and the status is "I have completed the paperwork needed. Next action will be for HR to complete hire process." What is job Req# 418430 anybody know? Just curious and excited.

Melissa C.
  7. salibu

salibu New Member

Hi I am new to west and I need to know is there anyone out there that has been working for west and can help me. It all seemed easy going through the training but its is not easy when you finally start taking calls. I have totally messed up several calls and i am affraid I will get terminated befor I even start good. Is thereanyone at all out there willing to exchange phone numbers and help me. I am desperate. PAL are not alot of help. I thought that part of the training would be with some make believe calls from west to teach you better. Please I need help.
  8. chamner04

chamner04 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm still working at West and so far things are still okay. I only worked like 9hrs last week and basically my pay averaged out to only $8/hr, so I was a little dissappointed at that, b/c i was hoping to average around $10/hr. especially since i had some shifts that were paying as high as $0.21 per minute. but i guess the reason why they paid that much per min for those shifts is b/c the call volume is REALLY low. Hopefully this next pay period i will average higher than $8/hr.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know of another opportunity out there that I found. 1-800 Flowers.com is hiring for customer service/sales (basically just order taking) to work from home. Right now they are hiring as Seasonal employees to work during holidays such as V-Day and Mothers day. but if you do well you can be asked to work part-time or full time. The pay is $10/hr and $14/hr the week of Valentines Day (or any major Holiday for them). And you get paid whether there are calls or not. I'm in my first week of training now, and so far its going really good. I have a friend who has been working for them from home since last summer and loves it. I'm going to do both West and 1800 flowers for a while and see which i like best. Or I may even keep both. we'll see. [​IMG]

So if your interested, just go to their website and click on employment on the bottom and it will take you through their online application process. Good Luck! [​IMG]
  9. chamner04

chamner04 New Member

Quoting: georgiaginHi guys...first post here. I'm a newbie.

I've finished training on DR. What's my next step? I tried to download the G*TEW*Y but it wouldnt download...so I figured I was pre-mature in that. I read about the webinar....how and who does that? Thanks a lot.

Hi georgiagin,

don't know if you were able to get the gateway downloaded yet. but just incase you weren't, i had issues with getting it downloaded as well. after it downloaded citrix client it started the process to download gateway by pulling up a web browser. except the web browswer kept coming up blank.

i called a pal, who directed me to gateway, who then directed me to the help desk. after getting the run around the help desk was able to help me get it downloaded. basically all she did was go into my windows updates (using remote access) and downloaded a bunch of updates.

so if your still having trouble, see if you have any windows updates you need to do and then restart your computer afterwards. it should allow you then to download the gateway. if you still have trouble, call a pal who will most likey direct you gateway, who will then direct you to help desk. (lol). and the help desk will assist you. [​IMG] good luck! [​IMG]
  10. susanathome

susanathome New Member

Thanks! I tried this, but they didn't like me! I didn't even make it past the initial application process. Maybe it's because I wasn't in one of the states listed? Who knows! LOL
  11. tressasmith7654

tressasmith7654 New Member

Hi,
    I am doing the same thing. I start with them (1-800 Flowers) on Monday(Training). I am waiting on another skill offer from W*S*. They only offered me D*. I did not take it, just yet. I requested another skill.
    Keep Me Posted.
    Tressa Smith
  12. chamner04

chamner04 New Member

Hi Tressa,

Congrats and Good luck w/ 1800 flowers! [​IMG] today will be my 3rd day in training, and i was told we may start taking calls today.. (just a few calls to get in some practice. i'm hoping they push it off till tomorrow b/c i don't feel quite ready yet.

anyway, i'm sure you'll enjoy the training class and find the support they offer really good as well. during the training you will be online as well as on a teleconference as well. it's nice b/c you can ask questions unlike the training w/ West where it's all on your own.

I'm working on DR right now with west, and it's okay but i think i will like 1 800 flowers better b/c i wont have to worry about reading 15 different upsells on each order!

anyway, good luck again![​IMG]
  13. mlhatl

mlhatl New Member

Hi tressasmith7654, I did the same thing. They first offered my DR and I didn't accept it. They then offered me sears repair which I accepted.
  14. chamner04

chamner04 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Its me, again! [​IMG] I have a question for those of you who are currently working with West.

Has anyone had any issues West saying they haven't received your I9 paperwork ( ID showing proof to work in the US as well as tax info and the notarized forms)????

I scanned and emailed a copy of my documents showing authorization to work in the US within 1 hr of receiving the email from west, which was back on 12/30/07. And I mailed all the completed forms, including the notarized form they requested to the mailing address provided about 1 week later. So I don't understand how they are saying they don't have it. I've already left a voicemail for HR as well as emailed them. So i'm just waiting for a response. But I was wondering if anyone had any of the same issues.....
  15. tweb

tweb New Member

Chamner04, I also received this message and sent my documents off since 01/03/08. I sent them off again yesterday and sent an email to HR. I don't know what the deal is.

For everyone who had DR offered but haven't/hadn't taken it. Do they always offer another skill or just sometimes?

Also, for anyone doing the 1800flowers. I went online to look at the requierements and they require you to work 8 hours a day. Do they not have part-time positions?
  16. tweb

tweb New Member

mcapers, I don't think there is a 'standard' answer to your question. It seems that the time has varied from person to person as to when you get the message you received and when you actually get hired and can start training. I received the message to fill out forms on 01/02/08 and filled them out the next day. I did not get my welcome email until 01/26/08. I had the same staus '.....waiting for HR to complete the hire process...' for 3 weeks. All I can say is be patient and hopefully it will happen quicker for you than me.
  17. neelloc01

neelloc01 New Member

you have to log in at least 4 hours a month.
  18. steph

steph New Member

Tweb, just be patient and keep your stats above 90 percent and feedback average or above and eventually they will invite you to train on another skill. I am sure DR will get easier as you do it. When I first took their offer on Virgin Mobile they offered fifty dollars bonus. I told a pal on the first day when I was about to pull my hair out that I know why now they offered this bonues. But I love this project now and can do it from the back of my head. I started off with Toys and like them and know their policies and procedures from memory but once I started doing VM I perfer them but I do both to keep my interest...... and right now toys is extremely slow so taking on VM saved me from not making any money at all
  19. chamner04

chamner04 New Member

hi tweb,

with 1800 flowers, you only have to work 8hrs/day (minimum) during the week of a holiday. like the week of valentines day. if you are asked back as a permenant employee they you can work part-time if you choose.

we are supposed to have someone from scheduling join our training teleconference tomorrow so i can ask for more specifics about the scheduling then. and i will let you know.

by any chance, have you heard back from HR (from West) regarding your paperwork?
  20. rsoler

rsoler New Member

To all regarding hiring at 1800flowers it looks like this is just a seasonal offer I WENT to the site and I got a message saying it's too late for this season to apply but I should try in MAY which is the next holiday season MOTHER'S DAY....so, I guess they pay a lot cause it's a seasonal thing. besides I REMEMBER when I applied at alpine access they already have a binding contract with 1800flowers so, i DON'T think 1800flowers need employees throughout the other days of the year. Considering employees already filled that position from Alpine Access. if anyone know of any changes please, keep me posted. By the way those who want to apply with Alpine access I actually declined the job offer cause I was not allowed to schedule my own hrs and that won't work for me. For those that don't mind go for it...it's a lengthly process but they offer guarantee rates all the time.
    till later RO!