West At Home Agent

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by beckymom4two, Aug 6, 2006.

1. susanathome New Member

Well, West At HOme has not responded to my 3 emails, so I've moved on to different things. I was very disappointed that they never got back to me. I was hired, but they didn't tell me I was hired, then I checked the status of my app and it said I was hired and then my HR forms had expired. IDK what's going on, but if they EVER get in touch with me, I'll have to pass as I've found something else.
  2. WorkingAtHomeTX New Member

Hello Susanathome. Sorry to hear your experience with WestAtHome has been so disappointing. I've been reading your thoughts here over the past few days and along with others, your convo with Susathome has been most enlightening - about West and Arise. I hope you'll find time to share more of your findings as you progress through the Arise work process. Both these two companies hold my best hope for the WAH experience, right now.

I must say I was a bit put off by ALL the requirements of Arise, including their strict terms for installed software and various gear and backup gear! Sounds like you need quite a system and office setup to even get started with them! And with all the required investments, it would be such a shame to be terminated due to some fault or oversight in your installed software or lack of backup equipment and all. Pretty intimidating!

But a big thank you to you and Suz and everyone else who has shared their stories and insights into West and other WAH companies!!!

WorkingAtHomeTX
  3. rsoler New Member

Hello Everyone, I'm new here and I want to tell everyone that I've been working for West since May, 07 and I HAVE to tell you all I've paid my dues....meaning I came in before the changes happened conversion of Independent Contractor to NOW Employee etc...and I have to tell you all it has improved. I average $10-11hr when calls are coming in, one after the next. However, when slow minimum wage falls in and that well can be rare [IMG] I do work over 40hrs cause I like to get the overtime pay. The skills I have is SEARS REPAIR/DIRECT RESPONSE. I currently complete the DR so, since MAY I only had SEARS for the first time this weekend I WILL be trying the DR SKILL and it looks like they pay very well weekends go up to 25rate per min which if calls come in one after next will be 15hr not bad so it does matter which skill you have some pay more than others. RULE OF THUMB downside sometimes WEST HR DEPT make changes and they don't notify so no heads up here. but so far I HAVEN'T had any problems at all I really like it and they don't bother you unless you are not doing your job properly. any questions guys feel free to ask bye for now.
  4. WorkingAtHomeTX New Member

I have a few questions for any WestAtHome agents or even for other WAH company workers such as Arise.

1) If you decide to work from 8am to 2pm, does this mean you will work those hours everyday including weekends, 7 days a week? Or are the days you want to work also something you can choose?

2) How do these companies handle short bathroom breaks? I can usually make it through a 2 hour segment (assuming there would be a 10min break every 2 hours), but sometimes the call arises sort of unexpectedly. How is this sort of thing handled or tolerated by these companies? Hate to lose a good job just because I got sick at my stomach a few times.

3) Are there any shifts or types of work that tend to pay better than others? Any tips to share in this area?

4) I see these companies, like West, saying you will be paid by call, minute, or hour. I'm assuming this is determined by the actual company your will be servicing and their agreement with your "employer". Is there any noticable advantage of one type of pay calculation over another? Or any advantage to work in a specific field?

5) There has been mention of people failing a skill test, which then means you cannot retake that test for 6 months or so. If you fail a specific skill test, is there any problem then beginning training for a different specific field or area? Is this paid training also?

6) Are there any specific software applications that would be advantagous or even required to be familiar with to perform and excell at the various duties of one of the WAH companies like West or Arise? Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, CRM?

7) Finally, can anyone give me any idea how much the training time is compensated. Or is this something that's not to be talked about, or too different for each skill to estimate? Is this an hourly wage or by the minute or course segment?

Thanks so much to any who might be able to shed some light in this area for me and others!!!

WorkingAtHomeTX
  5. tweb New Member

I have a question about West. I have applied and submitted forms online. I am now awaiting the next step which seems to be taking a long time. I was not asked to do a phone "interview". I see that some of the people hired on here were not required to do a phone interview and others were. Why do some have to do the phone recording and others not?
  6. tressasmith7654 New Member

I applied with West Dec 27th.... I received an email with a link with tax forms and paperwork to feel out on Jan 2nd. does this mena I am hired.
    I emailed my proof of eligiblity and mailed the noteray form information .
    When I check my application status its says that they received all of my documents. They are waiting to complete the hiring process in there system.
    Please help me.....
    Does anyone out there know how long it takes for them to contact me for the next steps to take?
  7. world1 New Member

"few questions WorkingAtHomeTX

Hi workingAthomeTX

It depends on which training you are in.The pay as well as time.Their system is wonderful and userfriendly ,they have options for incoming call , end call incase of prank call , make ready when u r ready , make busy when u want to make busy.

They pay call per minute as well as work pay.it depends on your project.

Training is paid as per yr state wages.

Logged time summary calculates yr pay for training.For tips takes notes from their training...when you are in the exam part the notes will def help as the system is new we get tensed.They give you two chances.

You can even go to their FAQ from support ...They answer most of the questions.

Hope this is helpful.best of luck.
  8. Lillisa New Member

I applied at West last night around 10:00 pm. This morning around 9:00 am I had already received an email saying I was being hired with no phone interview. I would love to work from home but am very skeptical. I work full time during the day completing an almost unpaid internship for my MSW degree and thought I could pick up evening hours with West to help supplement my income. I have a few questions about West. If any would could please help me out with answers that would be GREAT. I am trying to determine whether or not I should accept the position.

1) Do you have to work the same days/hours every week?

2) How far in advance do you pick your work days/hours?

3) Can you take vacations and do they need to be approved way in advance?

4) What are the different companies you can work for and what kind of work do you do (i.e. I prefer not to do alot of sales, should I stay away from one company over another?)

I have never done work like this before and I am very nervous about it. What if you don't know how to solve a customer's problem?

Help!!
  9. mlhatl New Member

Hi RO. I just started with West. My skill is with Sears. I'm still training though... I have a full time job so this for me is part time. Did you find it difficult to catch on using the system? I had the opportunity to train for DR but decided to go with Sears.
  10. mlhatl New Member

Quoting: twebI see that some of the people hired on here were not required to do a phone interview and others were. Why do some have to do the phone recording and others not?

Tweb, only if you signed up to be a bilingual agent(spanish speaking) is when you have to do the phone recording.
  11. Lillisa New Member

Hi mlhatl,

Question, I have been offered a postion with West and am having a herd time deciding whether or not to accept it because I too work full time. How do you handle both jobs? What hours will you work for West? Also, do you know if you need a landline phone to work at West? I have Vonage. Do you need tohave long distance on your phone? Thanks for any help.
  12. tweb New Member

tressasmith7654, looks like you and I are on the same page. I applied the exact same day as you and received my email to fill out forms the same day. My status is the same as yours, 'awaiting HR to complete the hiring process'. It seems to take a really long time. Let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same.
  13. Aqua21 New Member

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to contact you after you filled out all the paper work and mailed out the noteray?
  14. rajeshn2000 New Member

what is the phone no of west at home
    cos they have not mention in there website
    does anybody know it
  15. mlhatl New Member

Quoting: LillisaHi mlhatl,

Question, I have been offered a postion with West and am having a herd time deciding whether or not to accept it because I too work full time. How do you handle both jobs? What hours will you work for West? Also, do you know if you need a landline phone to work at West? I have Vonage. Do you need tohave long distance on your phone? Thanks for any help.

Right now I'm still training. I have till 2/4 to complete the training. Most of my hours will come from Friday - Sunday. Depending on how my day went during the week will determine if and how many hours I will work. This is part time work for me. I don't expect to work no more than 15 hrs. a week. I'm unsure about the landline question. I've read some other posts where people are using vonage and they aren't having any problems so you should be fine.
  16. mummala New Member

I really could use some help. I would love to continue working with West. Apparantley I failed the training for Direct Response. I never got a clear answer as to why I failed, but I was told that I would not be able to do another skill for 6 months! After a lot of frustration I resigned from the company. I regret doing this and have re-applied. I have not gotten any clear responses from the company. If I send them an e-mail, I do not get anything in return. I received a check today for 12.00 which is for the little amount of training that I did complete. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much!
  17. rsoler New Member

Hi MLHATI,
    Yes the system is very userfreindly Sears has increased min per rate but only on some intervals throughout the day and mostly Mondays and weekends. Dr pays the same as Sears throughout the week but on weekends it offers max 25per min which adds up to 15hr pretty good and if you like nightshifts once you get sears packed down West will introduce other skills coming your way. I have stuck through and now I have two skills and I only pick the intervals that offer more money so I'm finally making the same amount of money as if I were working at my previous job as a leasing consultant. I addressing this information to everybody on this forum please do not give up because once you have gained the experience you will be able to open the doors for more customer srvc jobs to work from home. please, feel free to ask anything do not hesitate I KNOW how it feels to be in the dark and I'm so happy i have found this forum I think is AWESOME!!! CHAU TILL LATER![IMG]
  18. rsoler New Member

HEADS UP EVERYONE!
    I've got some advice regarding West training methods. For anyone who is training, don't let this happen to you if you are studying make sure you take notes accordingly, to what is specify on the outline give in the beginning of the training. For example, for each module you will see a set of categories that they want you to learn once you have finished the module make sure that you are taking notes everytime you find the answer to each category. If you follow this format I promise you....you will not fail any exam WEST presents to you. SO GUYS!! IS SIMPLE don't get lost in the babble make sure you take the notes that corresponds to the outline in the beginning of each module. I hope this information will help you and again please ask if any questions. CHAU[IMG]TILL LATER[IMG]
  19. rsoler New Member

Hi Lillisa,
    Time to schedule is the least of your worries you have the ability to schedules any hrs for sears or any other skills from west. SEARS only requires to work 5hrs monthly to keep your skill with west is that simple so as long as you stay active with sears monthly (5hrs of worktime) you should be alright. the beauty of West is that you make up your own schedule and it barely is a burden especially pertaining to sheduling. I hope this helps you in some way.
    RO
  20. rsoler New Member

p.s landline phone is require but I hear some are getting away with vonage[IMG]