West at Home -- Hired?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by luis84, Nov 28, 2009.

1. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Well I am scheduled in for a webinar tomorrow night - last session

Actually - I think the process moved along quickly for me. Hopefully, they dont rush you through the calls at first? I am gonna need a bit of time to navigate - but all in all - I am pretty excited - always wanted something from home flexible hours - for the second income that I need to support my now college age son.

Cathy

2. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

thanks CG !!

after that training blitz - total hrs for me ended up 5:57 hrs!

I hope you get the logins to start the GE soon...

How long does a webinar last - forgot to ask the PAL?

Will the other new westies be on the same program as I am?

3. CarolinaGuy1979

CarolinaGuy1979 New Member

they most of the time last 2 hrs but after the questions ect... mine ended up being 2 hrs 45 and dont forget you get paid for it! Most new workers get the DR skill first.

4. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Thanks again CG - its very helpful to have you and Luis checking in here to bounce these things around with.

Hopefully - when others stop by and want to know some of the current process feedback - this will help them too!

Will the area for selecting you Direct deposit open back up after they activate you - after the webinar? I did not fill mine out intially and can't seem to find the spot again.

Actually I do not even see an ADE - but that probably comes after the webinar.

Cathy

5. CarolinaGuy1979

the ADE is your main screen you won't see it untill you log into start as for the bank account info when you log into www.westathome.net and login with your employee user name and password, up to should say pay infomation then when you click that scrool down to automatic payment forms and you will get to choose Direct Deposit,Total Pay Card or Check reissue click direct deposit, then view/cancel and there you go!

Also you can go to pay infomation click on it then pay details then Pay Period summery and then click on the date your suppose to get your next check and you can see how much you have made so far.

6. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

justdance: HI, I don't really know what to do. I applied for west.com and got an email requestion that I start my certification. It gave me a link labled Accessing Certification. This link brought me to an Adobe document with instructions on how to start certification. They gave me the email applicant.westathome.net, but I cannot access this website. Today is the last day that I have to get started.I've emailed them but what they told me to do didn't help. Any suggestions?

Christina
    Did you take the pre hire tests? The 5 day deadline? Email the address provided and ask if you can still continue. with your authorization code in all email

Your post just got approved this morning.

I was ahead of the deadlines thru the process, so I did not encounter any issues.

good luck

7. luis84

luis84 New Member

Congrats Cathy! I forgot to mention, the chapter with PKB also, i failed the first time, I got a 68%. So I went back through it and then got a 96% the second time around, I let my ego get in front of me and it caused me to fail it once, haha!

Your bank info, go into westathome.net, log in and then click "Pay Information" and on the drop down selected "Automated Payment Forms" and it will let you enter Direct Deposit info!

8. CarolinaGuy1979

I know with GE, we had 5 sections and only 1 exam I couldnt believe I only had one exam, the instructer at the Wedbinar called this the easiest skill at West lol, but the first time I got a 78% on the exam but the second time I nailed it with a 94%!

Andy

9. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Update -

I just got a call for a DR - "one on one" - said be at the computer and it will take about 15 mins. got to do it later as I am working other job now!

Luis - what is the DR 'one on one' all about?

Webinar is later tonight - last session ..

10. luis84

luis84 New Member

Well, I was told to call and take the Webinar. When I called all I had to do was what the lady called a "one on one". She asked me to log into westathome.net, then she said, okay the main page is bulletins, click urgent to see urgent, etc.

Then she said, now goto spectrum, click add hours to add hours, etc. Then she did each section, then she said, alright any questions? I said no , and she said alright, I will add your time to your pay time for this one on one, and you are ready to start within 24 hours.

Then that was it, it took 12 minutes. I didn't have to do anything else. I assumed the one on one is what they call the Webinar, etc. I didn't have to call and schedule it, when I called to schedule it, she just asked me to wait a few minutes and said she would do it right then and there.

So that is all I had to do and my account was active to take calls. [​IMG]

11. CarolinaGuy1979

I wonder on some skills they do it right then but on others you have to wait 5-7 days to get your logins plus take a 2 hrs webinar?

12. luis84

luis84 New Member

I guess, it looks like it depends on the skill. I really like DR in the sense that it is 24/7.

Hours come and go, but if you check Spectrum you can basically always find hours and work, to make the 40 weekly is no problem. The upsells are a little lame, but hey, you can make money off it, and it's part of being a CSA. Something you have to read scripts and do things you might not love, it's a good opprotunity from home, if I have to read some upsell's big deal, it doesn't bother me at all.

Then again, I have alot of CS experience in different scenario's, so maybe I am just more weathered, it might be a little scary for new comers.

Anyway, it appears the lines like GE, require webinar and more detail, etc. I think the DR line is just getting slammed and will be getting slammed and they need people fast, so they are rushing.

I also assume they don't expect many of the DR new hires to last past the Holiday's... which they probably won't.

The GE line, is not so much affected by the Holiday, so they are expecting more permanent hires.

Not to say DR is temp, it's not, it will have opportunity, just alot of people are signing up for extra holiday money and then they will quit, it's typical!

13. CarolinaGuy1979

Oh yeah Luis that makes sense I am just in a hurry to start work, I did get paid for training but it would be nice to make some more before Christmas. [​IMG] But your right cause I plan on staying with GE cause I mean no upsells no taking Creditcard info ect.... all I will be doing is sending techs out to peoples homes.

14. luis84

luis84 New Member

I gotcha, and yeah the GE line sounds great actually, they have me on DR now, which I don't mind, but I hope they offer me another skill in time such as the GE line, however, the GE line is days and that doesnt work for me right now so the DR line is a blessing in the sense that I need 24/7 atleast until the end of January, after that, days would be fine... so maybe I will get offered another skill in time?

Anyway, the GE line sounds great!! Are there alot of hours available? I.E. will you be able to get your 40?

This sounds great, I am really excited about West at Home... a while back Alpine Access wanted to hire me after I did the interview and everything and I had some personal issues at the time so I ended up not taking it, I really am mad i missed that opportunity!

Anyway, west at home seems like it might be just what I want...

15. CarolinaGuy1979

One of the requirements for GE was that I had to work 10-15 hrs a week or more, and I had to work every Monday, also they did not e mail me about the skill someone from HR called me which tells me they needed people.

16. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Thanks Luis ... I will call this one on one line - go thru all that with her - then ask if I still need the Webinar. I actually have a dial in#, code and passcode for later on that... hmmm

After my DR training is when the message and a # showed up --- congrats for passing, etc.. call to set up webinar?

Are you using you real name for the calls? I was thinking of a call alias name ... not sure....lol

I'll post how it goes...

Cathy

17. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Two questions -

on the PAL tele# is it the same and you get the next one up - or are you assigned a regular ongoing pal?

Just for curiousity and dont post details that would violate - but how many products are you getting in for calls first few weeks? Are you getting the full gamit of types? the inquirys, orders, etc..?

Cathy

18. luis84

luis84 New Member

Yeah it's a wide variety.

Can't post any specifics, but yes, it's always a toss-up. It appears at certain blocks time the same products appear, obviously based on commericals, etc.

The PAL # calls the PAL DESK for DR, it is several PAL and it will rotate.

And in terms of real name for calls, I do, I always say "This is Luis, How May I Help You?"

if they ask where you are, say ... "I am in a cell center in (your state)" or if you are uncomfortable with that you can say, "I am in a call center in Omaha, Nebraska".

Really depends on preference

19. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Thanks Luis ... I am getting excited - as soon as I get a decent break - where I can get my other PC out and ready, I will call the DR one on one desk

I think I just use my name - what the heck!

PS - I also applied to Alpine 2 yrs ago and my FT got so busy at the same time, that I passed it up too! Looking at West going in should suit my schedule well right now and down the road!

back to work for me...

Cathy

20. luis84

luis84 New Member

Cathy,

I think we are on the same page! I work FT as a Bi-Lingual CSA for a HealthCare Division, and I love it, I take calls all day switching between English and Spanish, but our job is much different, no upsells, etc. It's a .... healthcare related job.

So I decided to take West as a PT, and love the idea that I can get the hours I need when I need, but once January comes, I am letting my FT go for personal reasons ( I love it to death, it's an amazing job, and my pay is fantastic) but...I have to relocate and can't stay with them, unfortunently.

However, with west, I just take my vonage box, plug it in at the new place, fire up the West software, and I am good to go. That's what makes west great to me!

I don't need but about 800 a month to survive well and pay what I need, so I think I will easily be able to do that with West.