West at Home -- Hired?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by luis84, Nov 28, 2009.

1. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

Anyone taking calls tonight?
  2. luis84

luis84 New Member

I am. I do always. Shifts have been great, I enjoy west more and more.
  3. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

i wish they would hurry up and get my training posted!!!!
  4. luis84

luis84 New Member

I am wishing there was more hours when I needed, if you have open availability there are tons of hours but until Jan I can only work 8PM - 11PM and it's never anything except FRI SAT SUN in that time frame, but West is great.
  5. CarolinaGuy1979

CarolinaGuy1979 New Member

Just wanted to give an update, I resigned G* on 12/08/2009, after I started it really wasn't for me and on Saturday 12/12/2009 I was offered D*minion Gas which I accepted and just passed the training for it tonight, I like it so far, we do it all,billing,serivce calls disconnect so it seems pretty cool.

What I would really love is Directv, mainly because I have Directv and know alot about it!
  6. luis84

luis84 New Member

Wow, this is crap. Why didn't I get a line like D*minion Gas or G*?

I would of taken either.

Instead I am on DR. Actually, I really love DR.... I like the ability to pick up hours anytime, in fact they probably put me on DR because I said i needed night hours, but since my stats are going so great, I assume I will get offered another line eventually...

DR is great but hours come and go so fast.
  7. Plugafer

Plugafer New Member

Hi Im new here. I just finished the pre training I guess its called. Now I received an email saying that I need to fill out paperwork b4 I can be hired. I clicked on the link and put in the code they gave me. It does not work! How frustrating. I left 2 emails. They then sent me back an email stating that they were having technical difficulty's and I should be receiving another email in 48 to 72 hours. What comes after that? I saw somewhere that we had to have a drug test? Does the company pay for that? Thanks in advance for any info
  8. CarolinaGuy1979

Hey Plugafer, I never had a drug test when I was hired, they did do a background check but not a drug test.
  9. luis84

luis84 New Member

Yeah no drug test unless your on some weird skill that requires it but you mostly likely on DR (or possible G* or D*ominion) and they do not required it, just a background check.
  10. CarolinaGuy1979

I think D*rectv does do a drug test or so I heard for that skill.
  11. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Plugafer .... West would have to pay if they go thru with it ....Backgroung check for me - no drug test though

YOu need use all method of contact - as the 2 holiday weeks are coming up and that means short weeks for HR people ... you are on the way

WifetoMike - have you been assigned a skill yet?
  12. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

I sure did. I got assigned DR today actually. I just completed the first module of training. It took me 2 hours! I hope the others aren't as long!
  13. synthgirl

synthgirl New Member

Hi. I completed my first shift of DR last night. It wasn't too bad. A lot of products though. Has anyone had any calls where the product ID doesn't populate?
  14. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

Just finished module 3... I might attempt another tonight but will probably def. finish the last two tomorrow night.
  15. luis84

luis84 New Member

sythgirl, I have had several calls where the ID doesn't populate, you usually always get an RTN but the Product ID, heh, I get maybe 2 calls an hour.

Usually when they pop up it is wrong number calls, IE they want comcast or bank of america, or something. When that happens, if there is no product ID you do nothing, just wait. In the case the product list only has 1 product ID or a greeting auto appears, log it as an Inquiry > Ghost call.

On occasion you get the caller who wants an item but doesn't know what and it doesnt auto populate because that line is for several items, when that happens, use probing questions to figure it out, NEVER EVER say the product names, use the white text hints.

It's not bad, you can always do product search with F6.
  16. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Hello guys...

My nights have been super slow toowife2mikejh: Just finished module 3... I might attempt another tonight but will probably def. finish the last two tomorrow night.
    Be sure to read all the info and PKB items in test 4 - test 4 was the tricky one for me....had to take twice. Do not do it tired
  17. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Luis ~

How you doing? I keep having to get a new passcode here each time I go to log on.....wont let me pop in and out without the whole password process.

Nice to have a check on the way....

FYI...at some point I was at a ranking of 1 - then 2 slow nights put me back to 2. They must have a lot of agents.... I am getting ready to try Sat afternoon hours ...hoping its picked up a bit!

Cathy
  18. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

synthgirl: Hi. I completed my first shift of DR last night. It wasn't too bad. A lot of products though. Has anyone had any calls where the product ID doesn't populate?
    welcome .... like luis said on those calls....they come often!
  19. synthgirl

synthgirl New Member

I hate the upsells...ugh
  20. CarolinaGuy1979

Thats why I am glad I am on D*mnion G*s no upsells and hardly any scripts.