West at Home -- Hired?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by luis84, Nov 28, 2009.

1. synthgirl

synthgirl New Member

Do you guys get a lot of wrong number calls...sometimes people call about stuff that I can't find.....and another problem is people are asking for confirmation numbers for their orders...anyone else getting that question and what are you telling them?

2. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

I passed module 4 on the first try with a 96! I took really good notes after everyone's warnings though. I have one more module to complete and that will get done tomorrow night. I have to work my away from home job tomorrow all day so I am giving my mind a break. I can't wait to start taking calls! How long after training is complete does it take to get your logins?

3. luis84

luis84 New Member

The upsells on DR are not bad, these people don't ever get mad at you, they may be mad with the company, the majority are very nice, I have almost never had any bad callers.

Use judgement and discretion.

Good to hear you passed with a 96 wife**** remember, pay attention, that training will come in handy when your on the line, seriously.

Calls, at night ALOT are wrong numbers, they think we are comcast, and a million other companies. Tell them, sorry I think you have the wrong number, I say "I think you have the wrong number, this is a product ordering hotline". Log it as an iniquiry if its dedicated otherwise do nothing.

COnfirmation Numbers, some products give you one to give them when the order is done, others do not.

If they do not say "Sorry Sir/Madam, we are just the ordering department, for your security I can't see or revise any information after it is submitted, to get a confirmation number you will wait for the order to be processed and that takes 24-48 hours, I can give you the customer service number for X product/X company so you can call and get that number".

Then... finish the order, it will log the call, look at the top of your blue bar, you can see the RTN is still listed, type that back into the RTN field on your blank decision screen (with caller on the line), enter the product code (you should remember this, it's easy) and just enter "99999" for the zip code, press F2 for CS Screen and select "Caller wants confirmation #" or calling has "Billing Questions" and press F10 (DO NOT PRESS ENTER) and it will give you the CS number and hours to give to the customer.

Easy enough? [​IMG]

4. synthgirl

synthgirl New Member

luis84: Calls, at night ALOT are wrong numbers, they think we are comcast, and a million other companies. Tell them, sorry I think you have the wrong number, I say "I think you have the wrong number, this is a product ordering hotline". Log it as an iniquiry if its dedicated otherwise do nothing.

COnfirmation Numbers, some products give you one to give them when the order is done, others do not.

If they do not say "Sorry Sir/Madam, we are just the ordering department, for your security I can't see or revise any information after it is submitted, to get a confirmation number you will wait for the order to be processed and that takes 24-48 hours, I can give you the customer service number for X product/X company so you can call and get that number".

Then... finish the order, it will log the call, look at the top of your blue bar, you can see the RTN is still listed, type that back into the RTN field on your blank decision screen (with caller on the line), enter the product code (you should remember this, it's easy) and just enter "99999" for the zip code, press F2 for CS Screen and select "Caller wants confirmation #" or calling has "Billing Questions" and press F10 (DO NOT PRESS ENTER) and it will give you the CS number and hours to give to the customer.

Easy enough?
    Thanks. That is helpful. I still think the system is confusing though and the products scripting is different every time...hopefully with time I'll get it more.

5. luis84

luis84 New Member

Well, it is confusing at first. But every job is, this one is a work at home opp so they expect self starters, I found my first 2 shifts very hard after that it is easy, several products have been second nature to me now, after 2 weeks I feel cmfortable, but I still have a ways to go, it will def. take some time, but you will get use to it...

6. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

good to get my first paycheck in the mailbox today!!!!!!!

7. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Hope all of you are doing well .....personally I do like DR - been on a long day and going back again. The Sat am did not pick up until around 2PM or so.... still not that busy and still no "fat Buster" calls .....that is only thing on commisons right now.

All in all the people are fine with me.

I actually am posted on the Hall of Fame ....LMAO... too muc [​IMG]

Will keep this up and toggle during the next hour....

for the newbies ....get on chat with the PALs watch it and learn, call them if needed! and dont rush the customers....treat them like you would want to be treated and all will go well.

8. luis84

luis84 New Member

Yeah, customer service goes a long way. DO NOT SOUND LIKE A ROBOT! Throw some personality into your voice when reading scripts!

Congrats New2WAH on the hall of fame. I have picked up tons of hours, very please with the pay, there are lots of hours availble just remmber to sched 5-6 days in advance when they appear and it's the most hours.

I love West. DR is great, the variety is fun. I havent gotten any commission calls yet either.

9. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

On the confirmation number thing ....I was told by a PAL to use the date of order, cust name & phone number..

10. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Hi Luis ..... I also check trades when I am on slow shifts - hitting trade while waiting. Its been no problem to get the hours!

11. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

read in the news ... commision items are posted there only

Michael ThurXXXXXXX stuff - see PKB

nice incentive ... just need the callers

12. ajmoore21

ajmoore21 New Member

Hello,

I just wanted to say that this website is great! Many of the questions I had about West were answered on this site! I am in the process of getting all of my paperwork together so I can fax it off Monday morning. It is great to know that there are other people who work at home as well. [​IMG]

13. luis84

luis84 New Member

Yeah, commission items are currently only two things, and we never seem to get calls for those.

Hours are never a problem, trades work great too, if you do last min trades you can get plenty, IE if I want to work at 5 and it;s 4.30 now, I hit trades, and plenty of last min's come available, even 5 mins before shift, snatch them and keep going. makes working your days off or unexpected free time easy. For long shifts, best to hunt in adanvce though.

14. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

I had my first night of work last night and it was horrible. I felt like an idiot and my computer messed up. I didnt get discouraged though and I took a 30 min shift this morning. It wasn't bad at all and I actually got an upsell! I was pleased with myself. I am just going to have to get better at knowing what buttons to press but I think I will get the hang of it.

15. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

had another shift tonight and it was a lot better!

16. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

Hi all ....I am ending a whirlwind week.... woo hoo! I got 23 hours for the week!! even at min wage - its not too shabby for sitting at home ... I really do like the DR line so far.

wifetomike - welcome ... each shift gets better. I worked 12 hours almost in a row Saturday and by the end of the run - I was doing short reads..lol The first part of the saturday was slowwwww and it was prank central by the end of the night.

any questions ...feel free to ask! I think we have some other newbies here too welcome[​IMG]

Luis & Andy ..... heh ...whats up?

Cathy

17. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

ajmoore ...keep us posted - you'll be up and running soon[​IMG]

18. luis84

luis84 New Member

New2WAH, good to hear your shift went well! I did 23 hours this weekend, 12 sat and 11 sunday. Key is not to sched more than 6 together, put a 30 min break in yourself and you don't have to follow west schedule.

Anyway, I agree, I love doing long shifts. I worked 12 sat and it felt great, I remember most of the scripts now. I love DR, at first I was weary this wouldn't be a good FT job, but Jan i am confident I will be able to succeed having it as my FT job. I made over the min wage several hours Sat and made .... 9 an hour, thanks to being Rank 1, it means more calls for sure!

Decent amount of pranks and ghost calls though,but part of the job.

To anyone LEARNING THE KEYS.

Keep the following in mind that took me a while.

-Avoid your mouse, it just complicates things
    -The system will move you to where you need to be with the TAB KEY and CTRL+TAB to go back.

F1 is to order, F2 is CS, F9 is questions. ALWAYS. Period.

If you ever need to look up a product, enter the name, press F6.

Then find the product, enter the number of it on the search screen and press F1, not PF23 to go back to decision, it will give you the RTN to write down and also the Product Code, then go back to decision screen (SHIFT + F11), enter it manually and press F5, do the order like normal.

F8 is your friend. It always is to proceed, sometimes you have to press F10 after F8 and sometimes F10 and F8 after. Always look at the bottom of the screen, you will see what to push next.

Magaize offers are weird, after you read the offer, press F8 to coninute, if they decide they want none, in the top right there is a little box where you can mark "X" do that for none, then hit F8.

At the end of most CS scripts, you need to press enter to log the call, even if it doesnt say press enter.

Those are just some helpful reminders...

19. synthgirl

synthgirl New Member

Well today is the beginning of week two and I must say things are going much smoother. I like the mornings/weekdays, not nearly as many upsells. What are the "short reads"? Thanks.

20. luis84

luis84 New Member

Short reads are when you spend less than the "estimated" necessary time reading the APO. It starts from the time you press X to continue the call and the Magazine offers and gift card offers come up, if you go through them and skip them, you get a short read. It's not not not good!