West at Home -- Hired?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by luis84, Nov 28, 2009.

1. ajmoore21

ajmoore21 New Member

Hello,

I just completed my DR skill test[​IMG] Kind of nervous about taking live calls. All I can do is try my best[​IMG]

2. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

things are getting easier in my end as well. i will be working tonight!

3. luis84

luis84 New Member

Dont worry about your first shift, we all have a bad first, I still do every now and then. PALs are very helpful and supportive, so .... just work through it, it gets way easier.

4. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

cv low tonight! going to bed now!

5. Plugafer

Plugafer New Member

I faxed in my information on Tues. I hope they can see the seal from the notary. I kept on getting an email stating that They still havent received my information yet till I faxed it over. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear something soon.

6. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

welcome to all the newbies just starting at West....its been a blast for me on DR line so far... love the 24/7 schedule ... works around my FT job to supplement.

As of tonight working all the hrs I can grab to make the next check on 1/4 ...$$$ [​IMG] yesterday I was like the dedicated $$ 4 gxXd agent ... took back to back calls for 8 hrs ....best day yet w/o any commisions ...lol

have yet to get a commision.....so far got 2 caller compliments to the pals - (gets you in the Hall of Fame) but I also got a feedback score report of 75 for not verify back the CC # - lesson learned - do not get complacent on using the F7 - always verify - they will listen when you least expect it!!

Wanted to stop by and wish you all Happy Holidays...

Hi Luis and Andy ....my old buddies ..... hope you doing well???

Cathy

7. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

i am getting better everyday with calls... i think West is great!

8. luis84

luis84 New Member

New2WAH how you doing!!! Good to hear about your progress!

I got my first feedback the other day it was 83 percent and for the same thing... not verifying the address and not reading script 100%.

Lesson learned to me too.

My shortread is also at 14 and goal is 10 percent of less!!! [​IMG]

I love West so far. Pay is fine, work is fun! Hope you continue to do well and nice on the Customer Compliments, I have only gotten one so far... your good.

9. marquettam

marquettam New Member

I let my training "expire" last week, half way through the training. Do anyone know how long will it take to be re-admitted or invited to service another client?

10. ajmoore21

ajmoore21 New Member

Hello,

I am going to start my first shift at 1:30 a.m. [​IMG] Ready to get the first half hour out of the way!!

11. ajmoore21

ajmoore21 New Member

Hi,

Just finished up my first shift[​IMG] I did not do as well as I thought I should have. I was really nervous....I've done customer service before but I guess I have to give it some time.[​IMG]

12. luis84

luis84 New Member

marquettam don't expect them too, unfortunately they will not re-offer you training or the DR skill now.

They may however offer you a different skill, this can range from 1 month wait to an average of 12 months, some people wait longer. W*st system has no rhythm or rhyme but people seem to be convinced once you don't finish your initial skill your banned from new skills for 6 months. I am not sure if that is true.

ajmoore21 - don't sweat it! I have been a Bi-Lingual CSA and I've done elderly and disabled support which is about as hard as it gets so I walked into W*st with the "I will ace this" attitude. My first 3 shifts were train wrecks. Pure crap.

3 weeks later it's almost completely second nature. give it some time, the biggest thing is getting all the products 1 or 2 times so you know what to expect with each script and learning the system, keyboard shortcuts are weird, etc.

13. ajmoore21

ajmoore21 New Member

Thank so much luis84[​IMG] Thank you for your kind words! I am glad to know that I am not the only one!!![​IMG]

14. luis84

luis84 New Member

[​IMG] hope you enjoy W*st, no reason not to!

15. wife2mikejh

wife2mikejh New Member

my first shift was awful but i've gotten better with each shift. Hang in there!

16. ajmoore21

ajmoore21 New Member

Thanks wife2mikejh[​IMG]

17. diamond0095

diamond0095 New Member

After going through each posts, i was so thrilled to join w*st*h*me, but unfortunately they don't have any openings in PA. That is so sad. I have been waiting for 2 days to apply for this position, and once i found enough time to apply, bad luck [​IMG]

18. karilj247

karilj247 New Member

angiedbc456
    How do you like the XM sales? I just got it tonight and was curious, is there a lot of upselling are there plenty of hours?? Let me know.

19. forstine

forstine New Member

luis84
    I currently work for West, have been with them for about 21/2 years now. Since my start date I have serviced ShopNBC and now currently servicing SiriumXM radio... I love it, I am paid way above minimum wage and the hrs are very flexible. I wish you lot of luck, I know you will love it..

20. elizabeth70

elizabeth70 New Member

luis84

West just sent me and email offering job for XM Sales. you said the training was long, how long? What is the training hours Im trying to see if I want to accept.