West Direct TV

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by joeboxer337, Dec 2, 2008.

1. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

Yes you will take live calls after the ACE webinar is complete, i logged about 10-15 hours before they made me "Production", I gues it depends all on how you do, but I called my during just about every call,LOL for those 1st 10-15 hours, heck I still call them alot, don't stress over it, trust after my 1st 2 call taking sessions my wife thought I was going to lose it!!!It gets better with practice and time...Good Luck to all!! They wont offer any advance hours till after your ACE OJT hoours, then you can pick a permanent schedule, but not just for 1 or 2 weeks in advance
  2. wahnewbie

wahnewbie New Member

Hi Joe,

Quick update, all is going well so far with training, how are calls going? I figure I should be done in about 5 more days, do a lot of your callers ask all the tech stuff like cabling and connections (that is so hard for me) Well have a good one

Debbie
  3. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

It really is a cover all position, for me the billing crap is hard, for you the cabling, so we'll just forward calls to each other...JK...really just get used to the doris links for the equipment stuff and if all else fails send them to technical services..I am learning there are 3 types of pals up there at west...1. they fix it and hang up on you 2.they tell you where the "guide" is in doris(even though that is just as confusing at times). 3. The ones who know there job and WALK YOU thru the situation so you can learn it!!!!!!....personall I like the number 3 alot more than 1 or 2..........but over all not bad...I like a challenge, but I hate a challenge that I feel as though I have been not trained as well as possible...
  4. ssaspriina

ssaspriina New Member

So who else was kinda disappointed with today's focus call?
  5. wahnewbie

wahnewbie New Member

hi,
    what is a focus call?

thanks, Debbie
  6. ssaspriina

ssaspriina New Member

It's sort of like the webinars, it was for people who were in production or training, but you had to choose to sign up for it.
  7. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

Wow I cant even get my 20 hours next week....#1 there's only 19 left on the schedule, and secondly most of them are doing my regular work hours...what a disappointment.....................I can't believe there are no Sunday hours available what so ever already!!!

And yes the focus call was a joke really!!!
  8. cynebrabl

cynebrabl New Member

I just started training on Dtv on Wednesday and I wanted to know what comes after onboard training?
  9. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

I just got a email from West stating if we complete all the DTV training and OJT on or before Feb 28th there is a $50 bonus in it. Anyone else get this? I got ten days to get through it all. Think I am going to quit my other job and devote all my time to getting this done. My other job sucks anyway and pays less than DTV. I am ready to go all out.

Buck
  10. JEMG

JEMG New Member

Hello, still waiting to start training. Will I need a headset for the course? Will there be practice calls as a part of training?
  11. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

JEMG You will have 2 conference calls that are about an hour long, you may want a headseat....

Buck do you mean Jan 28th or Feb 28th? Yes they did the dame to us during training to push us to finish it..

Oh by the way I hope you guys can set up reccurring schedules, I can't due to my other job as I am on a rotating 4-10 schedule that rotates days off every week other than Sunday, well I will be lucky to get 10 hours this week and from the threatening email I keep getting about the 20hour minimum it looks like I wont be around long [​IMG]

Joe
  12. wahnewbie

wahnewbie New Member

Hi, I got that email as well - I also got another one re: working 20 hrs for 50 bonus, thats great
  13. wahnewbie

wahnewbie New Member

I was lucky to set up recurring schedule - start taking 1st call tonite, wish me luck
  14. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

Good Luck wahnewbie, hope all goes well
  15. wahnewbie

wahnewbie New Member

Joe, you wont believe this: did not start call taking, logins not ready LOL, so I am free for 2 nites, p.s. since I have a recurring schedule I had to delete hours for tomorrow, also I may have to change other hours, if you want to (PM) me maybe we can work it out and you can get the hours
    [​IMG] Debbie
  16. sungal

sungal New Member

Hi all! Am about to begin the RIO section of training, and received the message to call a PAL prior to beginning. Do I do so via the 800 number provided at the training start, or otherwise how? Thank you!
  17. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

Well they just added more sunday hours and saturday hours if ya need them

I am up to 19 so im good now
  18. wahnewbie

wahnewbie New Member

ok i am glad, you got more hours. just got a call from a pal, i should be ready to go on wed. (i hope so)
  19. sungal

sungal New Member

Void that last question, spoke with PAL last night and got the go-ahead. Do however have another ? regarding training. I have spent approx 11 hours total and am at RIO module now. Each module has taken me only 1-2 hours each. So, if I keep up at that rate.. I would be done with training long before I reach the 40 hour mark. Are we required to spend the full 40 hours? As in, would I just spend the remainder of time reviewing if I finish at say 20 hours? Or are we able to start working as soon as we complete the training, even if we haven't logged in 40 hours. Hope this isn't a silly question, have never worked/trained in an online environment before. Thanks again!
  20. wahnewbie

wahnewbie New Member

Hi Sungal,

I too just finish training, and you can complete it as quick as you can, it takes about 3 days to start working after training, you have to get all your logins
    hope this helps