West

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by rosielopey, Mar 5, 2008.

1. florida

florida New Member

I completed my application and when I go back to view application status it still says...

At this time no information is currently available. Please direct any and all questions about your West at Home Application to HR via the email address [email protected]

When should this change? When they recieve application or when they decide whether to move you on to the next step? Didn't know if I should be contacting HR or just start the waiting process.

Thanks in advance.
  2. WorkAtHomePro

WorkAtHomePro New Member

I had my first encouter with a West VMU PAL today - WOW I was shocked at how amazingly unprofessional and ineffective this person was!!! 360degrees different from my experience at AA!!! It was like speaking to a first-dayer at McDonalds! Borderline rude, seemed to know little more than I did on the subject, and totally lacked any resemblance of professional tone or presence in any way! Wow, this is definitely going to be a far different experience for me!

Live and learn! [​IMG]

WorkAtHomePro
  3. steph

steph New Member

Do you work the Activation line or AYS? Curious because when I started with VM I found that the pals on the activation line knew as much as I did and were not of helped but some explained they were learning as we were. But for the most part I seem to get polite and very helpful pals on the AYS part of VM.
  4. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

All pals are not created equal. LOL I work the VM activations line and for the most part the pals are very nice and helpful. I have had some who didn't know any more than I did, some who were less than nice, but that seems to have really changed in the last month. My pal contact has been excellent almost every time recently.
  5. xnatene

xnatene New Member

hi..im new here. just started with my forms. cnat complete it yet coz i stil havent changed my ssn card to my married name and it stil appears there that im not authorized to work. i have my greencard now and my employment authorization card tho. im a bit confuse. it says that i have to send it within 3 days of acceptance of employment or else i have to re-apply.

i stil have to run to social security to get new card and im sure i stil have to wait for the replacement in the mail.

will it be fine not to complete my forms yet and just wait till im ready?

thanks in advance for the replies..
  6. strictlytrading

strictlytrading New Member

XNATENE........ As long as you have your SS card. If it has your name on it whether maiden if you were just married. or divorced but havent gotten your name changed yet on your SS card (if you are going to do it) You can send it. I applied with my maiden name and my divorced name was still on my ss card. they accepted it. I did write a note telling them that I was in the process of changes though.......

hope this helps
  7. kstrawb2000

kstrawb2000 New Member

Hi I have been working with dr for the last 2 weeks and the only way I seem to pick up hours is trade too. I was wondering if somone ever told you how to add hours consistenly?
  8. Courtney86

Courtney86 New Member

Hi there... awaiting hire from West... I applied the beginning of this year and just got a response about 2 months ago.. I was a little weary because of all the information they requested so I didnt respond to that email. However, I recieved another about a week ago and because money is so tight and I am a full time student in clinicals I decided to try it. Ive already gotten a response back that I am waiting on confirmation on the paperwork I sent it. Hopefully, they will have skills available. It seems there a quite a few people posting that nothing is open right now. Also, for those who have been working for West for a while... I was hoping to get a job doing data entry or something similiar to that. Do all jobs require talking to customers? Thanks a bunch!
  9. snowball

snowball New Member

yes always talk to customers and every skill and west listens to all each call is recorded and they go through them on VM and AYS you get calls about things you were not trained on and you can not transfer the customer so your up a creek, you get feedback and grade s= is satis-e= except- u-=unexceptable- then the dreaded pins good lord they give it now like candy and for some stupid reasons that you have no control of
  10. denver0825

denver0825 New Member

Hi all - WAH new hire. My VMU training time expired before I completed it because a PAL mis-advised me by telling me I could complete it even if the time expired. Now I've been bounced all over the place. One PAL even 'pretended' to put in a request for extension and a followup call showed that he never put in the request. Yesterday, I requested a supervisor and they actually did put in the request. Today, however I'm a little concerned because the FAQs show that their policy is ONLY to extend time when time is remaining (which would have happened if the first PAL advised correctly). Anybody have any experience with expired training?
  11. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

I know how you feel. I haven't had problems with training but with the Siebel login the first day!They told me they would request to have it reset but nope I called back in 2 days later to find there was no request put in at all. So I finally had a Pal that was super nice and tried every thing to get me in Siebel. BEST THING is to get the Pals name,call back to follow up, and request that they had a note because it could reflect your performance if they don't what you request. Good luck@!
  12. snowmama

snowmama New Member

Hey there,
    Im new here and just got hired to WAH. Have everything in and done but am supposed to start training. After reading I haven't jumped right into the DR. I learned that from reading out here so thanks to everyone. I have done sales before but don't want to do them all the time again. So how long do they give you to start training? I finally today got more than just DR to pop up there is H$N and VM which of those do you guys recommend? I need to work days and some Saturdays and even Sunday afternoon or evenings. For my hours which do you guys recommend and which has the least upsells but still has good pay? Thanks in advance,
    Kimberly [​IMG]
  13. questkey

questkey New Member

I see a lot of you work for the Virgin. Mobile Project I stomached that project for 10 months through the constant pay rate changes, incompetent pals, unclear transfer policies and the constant asking of agents to do more for less pay. When I first started on this project, I was averaging $14.00 per hour when I finally quit ( actually, I didn't quit, I keep scheduling myself for 60 hours a week and not showing up for three months straight to give them a taste of what I put up with for 10 months) the pay rate was set at $8.50 per hour. I would never recommend West at Home for anything. I have since moved on to AAA renewing memberships for almost double that pitiful payrate and the a company called OnPoint Communications. Both of these companies are far more professional, have excellent management procedures in place and value thier independent contractors. As a matter-of-fact just about every company mentioned in this forum is much better to work with than West.
  14. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

Is that a work at home company?
  15. muffinlou

muffinlou New Member

tell me how to get to on piont,,,please