West

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by rosielopey, Mar 5, 2008.

1. georgiagin

georgiagin New Member

For those of you who do West part time....how many hours a week on average, do you work? What are you finding to be your salary per hour? I guess I'm just looking for a gauge to figure mine on.

Thanks,
    Gina in GA
  2. cristyb

cristyb New Member

rosielopey
    Thank you so much for the leads. I really need to get a second job.
    DT
    Good luck to you too.
  3. tweb

tweb New Member

Georgiagin, I work West part-time. I can ususally get at least 18 hours per week. Unfortunately most of those hours are done on late Friday night and late Saturday night. Sorry to say but my pay hasn't been above the min wage rate for my area which is 6.79. With the rate/min the way that it is, for every hour that I am logged on I would need to have over 45 minutes of talk time to get over the min wage rate and that hasn't happened. That might be because of the hours that I work. Call volume hasn't been that great. I am hoping this weekend will be a little different for me though because I am at a rank 1 now, so we will see.
  4. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Gosh...I just learned that sears is no longer hiring West so, they lost the contract which leaves me only with the dhl training for those who had sears skill ain't that ashamed
    RO
  5. reese30

reese30 New Member

HI, I'm training on HSN. Anyone worked this one before? I picked it by accident and have not been offered any other skills. I hear a lot of frustration about upsells with DR and I was wondering if HSN had the same issue. I have started to watch HSN since training for this skill and I don't see were upsells would be necessary. But you never know. Any HSN Vets with advice?
  6. Danielle19755

Danielle19755 New Member

Is there any offerings on here that dont require upsells?
  7. georgiagin

georgiagin New Member

So yall...is it set in stone ANYWHERE, when the next weeks hours are to be posted at West???
  8. terrih6

terrih6 New Member

New at this but I just have a question about west and the sch. I work the dr and epiq. Does anyone have any idea what times of the day epiq come out. I can only seem to pick up hours from the trade for this skill.
  9. rsoler

rsoler New Member

RosieLopey,
    Thanks for the job leads I've got an interview with CLOUD10 Wendsday!
    RO
  10. tlaws5

tlaws5 New Member

Hey Steph,

I've been working West since 2003. Been with many different skills and now that Sears is folding, I was offered GE Factory Service. I am not sure if I should take it. I was hoping for Virgin Mobile. Is that a busy line. Consisent hours, decent pay per minute?

Can anyone tell me if they work for GE Factory Service? How is that skill? Busy, Consistent, Average pay?

Thank you in advance for any input, Terri
  11. lilahk95

lilahk95 New Member

I'm fairly new to West also....working DR...for about 6 weeks now. I'm not able to pick up many hours. Don't really like the upsells but I can deal with it. Does anyone know how to obtain other skills? I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.
  12. cristyb

cristyb New Member

I have an interview with Alpine, does anyone know anything about this employer?
  13. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Hi everyone,
    anyone here has DHL can you tell me a little bit more I just completed the training. I am losing Sears skill they are leaving West...and I would like heads up or any info anyone can provide working the DHL skill? are they busy? call after the other? the pay is it still 17per rate is that going to change? how are the customers? etc...

RO
  14. steph

steph New Member

Tlaws5

Hi, Virgin mobile is always almost back to back calls, not anytime in between to do anything else but work. There are days where it is slower but still can leave the desk. I always make more than my min. rate. I usually make between 8 and 9 dollars an hour. I work VM holiday which just specializes in Activations, topping up, migrations. However, I just completed training for AYS which is also virgin Mobile but I will now do everything and they say I should make anywhere between 9.50 and 10.00 an hour. Im glad I took because my original skill which TRU/BRU and Toys Assist is extremely slow and can never pick up hours with them. I make more with VM. Love it too. Everyone now and than I get a rude customer but most of the time customers are nice.
  15. ladyathome

ladyathome New Member

rsoler,

the pay rate for D8L just changed, it is now hourly pay, 7.50/hr
  16. steph

steph New Member

Hi Terri,

This is Steph from the forum. you asked me a question regarding VM. I really like it and I always get hours with them and they offer bonuses all the time. I just completed my training for AYS which is the full swing of VM. Right now , all I do is activation, top up and migrations but after the webinar i will be able to do everything. Any questions you can always ask me. i will send you a msg privately with my email address.
  17. rsoler

rsoler New Member

ladyathome,
    what is the rate per min?
  18. rsoler

rsoler New Member

ladyathome,
    you keep writing D8L do you mean DHL?
  19. rsoler

rsoler New Member

LADYATHOME,
    ARE You saying that they are paying hr? or min per rate?
  20. rsoler

rsoler New Member

ladyathome,
    sorry one more ? do you get back/back calls is it really busy?