West

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by rosielopey, Mar 5, 2008.

1. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

I got hired sometime back for ACD but the day I was to train a feeling just came over me and I did not continue. From everything I have heard alot of people have already left What is funny when I resigned from DR skill with west I just got an email from Finger Lakes for an interview next week. I just printed off their pay sheet.
    The hourly rate goes from 6.00 to 12.50. If you take over 45 calls that are good calls per week the pay is 12.50. Training is paid at 6.00 Pay cannot go below 7.00 once you are taking inbound calls. Does not seem bad. I applied to them over a month ago and have my interview next Tuesday. Has anyone ever worked for them?
  2. Pugmom58

Pugmom58 New Member

Hi ya all, I applied and am hired by Cloud 10. My training starts on 4/1. I was offered 5 different projects. The one I settled with have just the hours I was wanting. I really had hoped to get on with West but they have the hiring freeze. West does not sound like there is much stability either. I am very happy I researched and found Cloud 10. I here they will be doing alot of hiring. These are long term projects and no upsells. My best to ya all.[​IMG]
  3. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Hey Pugmom58,
    Good for you I too was hired by Cloud10 and I also start 4/1 training cool the hrs I selected are great for me too.
    RO
  4. rsoler

rsoler New Member

rosielopey,
    I gave up ACD TOO was too flaky no calls recieved in 1hr no good since your getting paid per minute rate. I DROPPED IT before I started lol.
    Fingerlakes sounds ok but I'M NOT sure of the pay rate sounds vague
    and the training pay is too low not to mention how the pay will really work afterwards. Try it out but I SUGGEST you keep looking for a job that is straightforward with info on how you will get paid. Sounds like another West to me.
  5. rsoler

rsoler New Member

hey pugmom,
    who is your trainer like to know if is the same as mine?
  6. Pugmom58

Pugmom58 New Member

hey rsoler,
    I have not found out yet who my trainer is. I had my GO session 3/25. I will be doing the tech class daytime session. I should be hearing from my hiring coordinator anytime now. Which class will you be doing? And when did you find out the name of your trainer?
  7. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Pugmom58,
    I also complete GO SESSION today. I will be starting 4/1 tuesday. OOPS! IS NOT MY TRAINER'S NAME. I'm actually waiting for that email I was referring to my orientation trainer. not the actual trainer of training program lol.
    RO
  8. Pugmom58

Pugmom58 New Member

My hiring coordinator is Morgan. I can not even remember who gave the NHO meeting. My Go session was Michelle and Louie.
  9. rsoler

rsoler New Member

pugmom58,
    Mine too! wow what a coincidence! MINE TOO Michelle and Louie set up my GO session today! cool what project did you choose?
  10. rsoler

rsoler New Member

pugmom,
    Morgan is aso my hiring coordinator!
  11. Pugmom58

Pugmom58 New Member

I am doing the N*c*m* tech support. Daytime training. That is a coincidence!!
  12. poshgurl

poshgurl New Member

Steph, I am AYS. The training was kinda long and extensive. I will do my webinar tomorrow so I can get started. I need to start making extra income ASAP!
  13. rsoler

rsoler New Member

pugmom58,
    well it's good to have someone doing the same thing I am...we can share our experiences etc...tell me how it goes k.
    RO
  14. Marktech

Marktech Member

I worked for Dell for about six months as a phone tech support person. I am A+ certified. Anybody know of any programs I could apply for?
  15. ataylor

ataylor New Member

Marktech,
    Curious did you work for Dell from home, and if so how did you get the position?
    ataylor
  16. steph

steph New Member

Hi Poshgirl,

It will look a very scary the first few times but as you go on it will get easier. If you want you can email me and I will help you with whatever I can.
  17. rsoler

rsoler New Member

rosielopey,

What happened with verifast how did that go for you?

RO
  18. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

I had to put it on hold. Something came up with a family member and I could not start. Then I got a job with Parameds during the day and wanted to get thru the learning curve and I really enjoy that job. It is my 2nd week. Barb at verafast told me to let her know when I was ready and I will be ready towards the end of the month, give me time to really build my cases on Parameds. I did take my resignation back from West and just work the 4 hours a month to keep active and hope that they offer me another skill.
    How is cloud 10 going. I saw you are the comcast tech, probably will talk to you sometime because I am constantly on the phone with the tech people. Last year I worked as a Tier 3 Verizon tech and I hated it. Excellent money but the dr's don't know how to use their blackberry's and the lawyers don't know how to use their palms and when you try to have them trouble shoot they don't know the red button from the green one [​IMG]))) 5 months 60 hours a week was enough for me. I got burned out real quick. Wish you luck on the comcast project.
  19. rsoler

rsoler New Member

rosielopey,

I left that project from cloud10 I JUST didn't think the 9hr did not compensate for all the trouble I was going to go through...I had to learn 8 software and THAT was way too much for what I was going to get paid. I am on the waiting list for another project. In the meantime I already have verifast and I'M currently interviewing for other part time jobs I WILL keep you posted. Good luck in everything you do and I hope we can still continue to support ourselves with advice through this forum it is an excellent resource for us work at home agents to rely on.
    RO
  20. vagabond

vagabond New Member

There are upsells in HSN but not that many, you are required to say them.