What are the chances?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by momof3boys, May 19, 2009.

1. momof3boys

momof3boys New Member

I have been an employee with West since Aug 08 on the D* line. About two weeks ago I resigned this line, basically because it has been very difficult to get hours lately and I am honestly just burned out on the upsells and A*Os. My stats have always been above goal and I was ranked a 1 until a month before I resigned the line (basically because I was only working about 5-7 hours a week, so I dropped to a 2)

About a week after I resigned D* I was offered G* F*ct*ry, but had to decline it because that line closes at 8pm and that is usually when I start, I have 3 children so I work in the evenings. Honestly I was surprised to be offered something so quickly but now am concerned that they won't offer me anything else since I turned it down.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What are the chances they will offer me something else in a reasonable time frame? Any thoughts?
  2. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Honestly I think it's hit or miss. I don't think anyone knows the magic answer to this question. I only had to wait less then a week to get offered a new skill when I resigned from VM but I've heard of people waiting months. I think it's terrible how we are treated. Has anyone ever talked to anyone directly from W*st? Someone in Human resources? Someone who could answer a question? I think they like to keep us guessing. I wish you the best of luck.
  3. momof3boys

momof3boys New Member

Thanks ShawnFL, I don't think you can talk to anyone in HR. From what I've seen you can only communicate via email and the response seems pretty standard "you have to wait for an invite from HR" I just hope I didn't mess up my chances of getting offered another skill. I was glad they offered me something so quickly but surprised that they offered me something that ended at 8pm when if they had looked at my work history they would have seen I didn't start work till 8 or 8:30pm.

I have heard of people waiting months..I was just curious if anyone else had been in a similar situation. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long.[​IMG]
  4. momof3boys

momof3boys New Member

well they did offer me something else..the new A*v*ys line..which only goes to 9pm east time, but I took it, I'm afraid if I don't they won't offer me anything else..I will just have to figure a way to get my hours in..thanks again ShawnFL for the advice.