What are your biggest challenges for your home business?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JoannaIceni, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM.

1. JoannaIceni

JoannaIceni New Member

It is true there is no get rich quick scheme. Having a home business, even with an amazing product and excellent business module is still hard work. Why? Is there too much competition? Many companies now offer home business opportunities - slimming wraps, cosmetics, health products, gift baskets are just a few - how do you choose which one works best or will be the most profitable?

Are there too many scams out there for most people to take us seriously? So many of my leads are terrified of being scammed, I have a hard time convincing them that there are genuine opportunities out there AND that the tax benefits of having a home office make it all worthwhile.

Even when I get leads to sign up, my frustration continues with keeping them as part of my team. Some give up after just 1 or 2 months! They just don't seem to get that it takes time to build up a business. They want it all to happen for them instantly, without putting in any time. The words patience, consistency and persistency fall on deaf ears. I know it is different for everyone - some people realise that they actually need to do some work, others just realise that they need to put in more time then they initially thought. Others leave due to personal circumstances.

That is my biggest challenge - getting that message across to my team members that they must be patient and not give up too easily. My experiences have shown me that those that keep in regular contact with me tend to be more successful than those that fall to the wayside and never return my calls or emails.

I would be interested in hearing about how others manage to keep their team members active.
    A8ch and payment proof like this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I loved your post

I agree that people must be patient and not give up too easily. Success takes time no matter what you do. A bit of hard work can really pay off.

You can do a lot to motivate others. But they need to find motivation in themselves. :)
  3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Old habits and attitudes are difficult to change. That's why the majority of prospects don't make it. They don't stick with the program long enough to change their behavior and rearrange their mindset.

Those who stick with it and keep in regular contact can't help but be influenced by the new environment. Then one day they "get it" and then there's no turning back for them.

Building a team is like mining for gold. Depending on the grade of ore that being mined, it could take 6 tons or more to yield a troy ounce of gold. That means sifting through 192,000 ounces of ore to recover 1 ounce of gold. The price of an ounce of gold these days fluctuates between $1,350.00 - $1,400.00.

If you think of your recruiting as mining for gold, then make sure to start with high quality prospects to improve your yield. Expect that the vast majority will not deliver anything. But the few who do, will make it worth your while.

Hermas
  4. GEM

GEM New Member

A very good post Joannalceni. I've found in any business, to always give quality products and information. Keeping and getting new customers requires constant work. It basically comes down to 'exposure' - constantly updating your existing customer base with quality information and adding new customers through referrals and marketing yourself. The product is secondary.
    payment proof likes this.