What Are Your Top Tips For Newbies That Want To Work From Home?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by BusinessIdeas, Dec 3, 2014.

1. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Agreed, multiple income streams is the only way to hedge against the loss of an income which has become more comon in this difficult economy. I know I learned my lesson long ago, never rely on any one income stream.

Success to all,

BusinessIdeas likes this.
  2. susanna

susanna New Member

top tip from me would be to be sure to schedule your time well. If you have kids off to school you know when they are home. Dont try to work whilst they are arriving home. etc.

payment proof likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Scheduling your time is essential, and focus on getting as much done as you can during that time. :)

Bernie1986 likes this.
  4. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I shower and put on my best yoga pants and for some reason, that seems to make a difference in my productivity.

5. TaliaB

TaliaB New Member

Wow! There is some really GREAT advice here! Some of which I wish I had seen before I started my business. I would also add to this:
    1) Research business taxes if applicable to your area
    2) Figure out your finances, and if you have a partner, it is very important to have a plan before you make the leap

6. Culin

Culin New Member

My tips to people searching for away to make money online:-
    1.)Whatever area you choose to work on e.g mlm,paid per download,web design e.t.c ,just make sure you do a research about that site,try to find out first if they are scam or not.Because it will actually be a waste of time to work so hard for a site and then fail to get any payments in the end,it will be a waste of time and effort.

2.) Look for good paying sites,such that whatever you earn can help you even with college fees,utilities bills, e.t.c.This will be worth your time,effort and any cash investments if any.

7. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

Hello,

The biggest advice I can give is pick something that you like. If you are a sportsminded person like I am, don't go into a company on finances just because it's a 'work from home' job. You are or at least you should be in this for the long run. your carreer in working from home in any kind of way is not a sprint, it's a marathon.

With that being said the second big advice that follows the marathon statement is the fact that you need to be consistent. Working 14 hours a day for 2 months isn't going to do the trick, you have a bigger chance of succeeding when you do a couple of hours a day for years.

It's all about establishing trust, you just don't create a trust worthy relationship between you and your customers in a few months.

A last piece of advice might be the most important one.
    So many people prepare, they read books, study Forums, watch video's, make lists,... They do all these things and in fact 95% of the people are capable of getting to this point. Where 95% of the people don't get to is actually taking the action that is necessary in order to create results. HARD WORK IS THE ONLY KEY TO SUCCESS. So take action and learn along the way!!

Kind Regards,

Bert Declercq
    Young Motivated Entrepreneur

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    shesback, robinincarolina and YAGOOFT like this.
  8. Le canh

Le canh New Member

If you want to sell a product globally, you need an Email Marketing tool. Email marketing is the best way to sell product across countries.

9. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha New Member

Yes I agree with the above comments but I would also say begin as a hobby business whilst you have another income to support you if that is possible to save you having money worries whilst you are learning new skills. I'ts is great fun seeing what you can achieve

10. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

I would suggest starting out with affiliate marketing as some of the others have mentioned. Find a good solid system that can teach you a solid foundation for marketing properly online. Avoid anything and everyone that over hypes the amount of money you will make. Making money online is hard work.

Now once you find a solid system then pick a strategy that you enjoy and go with it until you get your desired results then scale it up for bigger results.

Like everyone else here has said, people give up way to early with internet marketing by get that shiny object syndrome where they are jumping from strategy to strategy or system to system and wondering why they don't have any results.

11. robinincarolina

Affiliate marketing doesn't have to be a system. I do affiliate marketing and I blog about things that I know about and find products to support them. Hec, I have a blog on Himalayan Sea Salt that makes money. There are affiliate programs for about anything under the sun.

I think the one place affiliate marketers mess up is they go too broad. They don't narrow down or target their niche accurately. They shoot for tons of traffic as opposed to targeted traffic. They are taught that high search volume key words are what makes them money. I will take low search volume keywords that convert over high search volume any day, plus they are easier to rank for.

Narrow your niche, forget about quantity and focus on quality. All traffic is not created equal.

12. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

True it does not have to be a system but if someone is just getting started online, having a system or someone you can learn from can shorten your learning curve and save you loads of time.

You are correct in people go to broad with their target audience. The more targeted you can get the better.

13. robinincarolina

Yes, a Mentor or a Mastermind group is awesome! It's what I do!

Dereco Cherry likes this.
  14. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

Simple is best as I have learned over the years. You have choose a business opportunity which does not entail a long learning curve, share if you care, not selling, just telling, this is what people are looking for, not sales jobs.

I research them all, not only to learn, but to earn more as I believe in multiple income streams, always have, always will. Why, because it works like nothing else. The internet and Social Media has enabled everyone who wants to work more than once business do so with little effort when you choose the right products to promote.

Always choose a product which can be demonstrated immediately as seeing is believing, and if you don't like to sell, then tell prospects to visit your website and simply ask them to watch the video demonstrations, nothing could be easier. Choose a product everyone will want and needs to save time and money, and the more time you save someone, the more time they will have to earn a nice income.

Not everyone is looking for a business opportunity, so lead with the products, not the income opportunity is what I have found works best. Focus on passive free to low cost business opportunties where there is no risk, no mandatory purchases, no autoship, and is easy to demonstrate, then you have found a winner where everyone can become successful. Earn a passive extra income, or a full time income, it is up to you.

Again, easy is better, free is better, no risk is better, high demand products and recession proof products is icing on the cake. When you can offer everyone a product they will want and need, you are not limiting yourself or your success. Promoting only one product limits your success. Combine these attributes and success is yours. Success can be yours if you choose wisely.

Success to all,

payment proof and Bert Declercq like this.
  15. Sammy Preston

Sammy Preston New Member

Some of the greatest inroads are made by experimenting. Don't be afraid to dip a toe in a new method, product, site etc and see how it goes. Validating things for yourself will see you progress well. All the best!

Bert Declercq likes this.
  16. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

Hello Sammy,

I agree with you that you have to take on the challenge to try something different. On the other hand what I teach my team all the time is that they have to be really carefull with constantly trying new systems, techniques,... An amazing book that touches on this is called 'Your first year in network marketing' by Mark Yarnell and Rene Reid Yarnell.

when your company provides a system with easy to use tools or whatever it may be. They probably have a lot more experience in the business than our teams so that's why I always like to repeat the same old cliché ' Don't try to re-invent the wheel'. Just follow a system that is proven to work.

But of course you are also right because you don't have to be a robot and simply copy paste what the company or a person does. Make it your own, make it unique but combine that with the proven to work system and you are destined for success in only a matter of time.

Kind Regards,

Bert Declercq
    Young Motivated Entrepreneur

17. Sammy Preston

Sammy Preston New Member

True Bert. That is where testing and validation differs from randomness.

"Don't reinvent the wheel - just realign it" - Anthony J. D'Angelo

18. westfam11

westfam11 Member

My Tips for Newbies that Want to Work From Home:

There were a lot of good ideas given. Everyone is different so you have to decide what works for you. I know some people that work from home love to work in their PJ's all day. I can't do that. If I am going to have a productive day I have to get up, get showered, have coffee, put make up on and then I feel like I can start my day.

I need to have a to do list (which could be the same thing as a goal list) and just start working down the list.

I also agree that if you want to make working from home work you really need to treat it like a business and not like a "hobby". You have to be self motivated to get the work done and do what you need to do or it will not work.

Also, remember if you want it bad enough you will find a way!

19. Christopher Li

Christopher Li New Member

I'd say to learn how to master leadflow. You won't succeed in this business if you don't know how generate leads on a consistent basis.

20. payment proof

payment proof Active Member