What did YOU do today to move your business forward?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by rhondap, Sep 28, 2007.

1. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Perhaps we can post in this thread some things we do to move our business forward kind of an accountability thread.

Today I focused on following up with people I had already spoken with and/or who had personally requested information.

That was my income producing activity.

My non-income producing activity was designing and ordering product only biz cards from Vistaprint.
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Wow...look at all the blank space here!!

Ok, I'll be the first to say that Friday is not a productive day for me, but here's what today was like for me.

1) I got my books together to take to the accountant.

2) I read daily, so I did some reading.

3) I took 4 phone calls from people buying memberships.

4) I had lunch and then went to my accountants office.

5) Went home and my family and I went out to one of our favorite Nashville Restaurants Demo's.

Jay NaPier
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Quoting: jnapierWow...look at all the blank space here!!

Dont know about everyone else but I relax on the weekends alot and this post started Friday evening. The reason for the blank space can be a bunch of reasons.

1- Maybe everyone is still asleep
    2- They might be up and calling prospects and not on the forum yet
    3- Its a nice day in Delaware so maybe its nice everywhere else and people are out enjoying the day.
    4- Friday night in my house is usually date night. If any of you have seen my beautiful wife you might understand why I didnt see the post earlier. I was a bit busy.

Give it a bit and then you might see more post in a couple hours or so.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Added more content to my websites
  5. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimer4- Friday night in my house is usually date night. If any of you have seen my beautiful wife you might understand why I didnt see the post earlier. I was a bit busy.

6. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Hey guys,

I'm not able to do much tihs week my Mom passed away Friday evening.

I will be sending out a voiceshot to my new leads I got for the week and hitting the phones hard and heavy next week.

The beauty of this biz is that I can concentrate on what I need to do now and not have to worry about only having 3 days off from my J.O.B. to get it all done in. [​IMG]
  7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Sorry Rhonda. I'm still not over my father's passing.:-(

8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: rhondapI'm not able to do much tihs week my Mom passed away Friday evening.

My thoughts and prayers to you Rhonda. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

9. Judy

Judy New Member

So sorry to hear that Rhonda. My mother passed away when I was 14 and although I am used to it by now I know how painful it can be. We lost my husband's father to cancer 2 years ago when I was on maternity leave (1 year up here in Canada) and he was living with us. That was a very difficult time.

Take care of yourself and your family and if you can't, ask other people to help you. People love to feel needed.

Get back to your business when you can, it will still be there -the beauty of not having a boss.

10. jnapier

jnapier New Member

As I come to the end of another week I'm excited to be going to the Vacation Capitol of the world - Walt Disney World.

Am I going to turn off my business while I'm gone? NO!! I'll be dropping business cards, talking to people, and using the car signs I have to continue to market my business. I'll have my notebook and cell phone with me and will be taking incoming calls from my prospects and my team.

My record is $13,000 on the 11 hour drive from Nashville to Orlando...perhaps I'll break it this trip??

I put in 2.5 hours yesterday and spoke with 1/3 of the people I called. I left messages for 1/3 and the final 1/3 were either no answer/ wrong #/ or out of service - voicemail full.

My day was filled with activities.

8 AM - Arose a checked email
    11 AM - On the Noon call with Scot
    1PM - Out to lunch and did a few errands - got to change oil in my new van
    6:30 PM - Returning phone calls
    7PM - Team training call/ Live dials
    8PM - Wednesday Night Level 2/ Level 3 training call
    9PM - Q and A call

Yes, this is Central Time.

No matter how you arrange your schedule, it's important that you make time for your business consistently

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  11. asebf

asebf New Member

13/14 hour days? I guess it is worth it if that is what you are willing to do. Good for you I guess. But you are taking some time off to go to FL - hey - suggestion - take this trip and put your family first this time - no phones - no computer - just a family trip?

The business will be here when you get back - your kids will be grown and gone before you blink - give them the time you can while you can. 110% Dad - for just a week.
  12. jnapier

jnapier New Member

HI Bob,

No, not a 14 hour day. Note the times.

Bob, I eat, sleep and drink Coastal. This is my full time income, it's what I do for a living. I LOVE this business and it gives me and my family the freedom to do what we want, when we want.

I'm taking my computer and phone because I made a committment to my team. As I might be out of town, they'll be working their Coastal business....so, I'm going to make myself available to them. I don't hide behind voicemail or email.......so it goes without saying that I'm going to continue doing what works best for me and my team.

You might not get it Bob...but that's ok. When I owned my restaurant franchise I was out of the house 12+ hours a day and I couldn't take a vacation.....so, I'm going to stick with the balance I have. BTW....it's Thursday and I'll put in about an hour today.

Jay NaPier
  13. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Early to bed, early to rise, advertise, advertise, advertise. For me today that is forum marketing, traffic exchanges, and article marketing. Pretty much like everyday.[​IMG]
  14. victorious

victorious New Member

We are a husband and wife team, so while one is touching base with prospects and members, the other one is on the computer doing some type of advertising, innovating, modifying websites, etc.

Coastal Vacations is too our main source of income, and we take it seriously, but we love it so much it doesn't feel like work!

In no other business you can make this type of money with just a few hours a day of work.
  15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Being at the Vacation Capitol of the World...everyone is a prospect. I put out ALOT of marketing today. Business cards and a little secret tool I recently had produced.

I lost one of my door signs on the way down here...so I'm using 1 door on our van to market Coastal.

I've also got shirts that say "Ask me about Wholesale Travel".

Tomorrow..we'll be at Epcot.

Jay NaPier
  16. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

I made personal contact with members of our team that were not as successful as most and talked about ways to improve.

Sometimes it helps to have an opinion from someone else and I learn a lot from these types of exchanges.

Basically I just ask about their daily life and point out opportunities they may have missed or not considered.

As an example:

I was at the laundry mat the other day and I noticed at least 3 laptop users there because the owner was smart and gives his patrons free WiFi.

I'm definitely going to try and convert him to my program and I think I may get some bleach and detergent from the 99 cent store that he can give to people that sign up under him.

Always look for a win-win situation.
  17. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Cool thread guys!

Friday is my half "day off". So, I check emails, take appointments and get on a training call- in the morning- between also riding my horse and taking care of my daughter. Its my "cleaning day"- I like to have the house tidy for he weekend!

Then, I got to the bank and fed ex box to ship package orders and order some vacation certs. I popped into the store to buy printer cartridges I needed. I then bought groceries for the week. I then used my membership to get 2 for 1 at Burger King. Its a very SMALL town, but I still get to USE my membership!! I came home, and then got my blog FINALLY up! WOO HOO- thats been on the "to do" radar all summer!

Friday night is DATE NIGHT! Always has been for me. So, I made a very nice dinner (I love to cook) and after going out to the barn again to play with the horses and watch a lesson I put my daughter to bed. I treated myself to a long bubble bath.

Not usual for me- but I then helped a team member close a sale because she asked if I would accomodate her prospects schedule. I have a policy to make myself available wherever I can. It was very exciting for me- she has had challenges in starting her business so I am very proud of her!

After that- I settled into a great movie with my honey. Had some lovely red wine and cheese.

I checked into this forum again for the first time in months before going to bed and checked my email one last time before bed ( I got to bed very late most nights!) I was delighted to find a very lovely email from the humble and grateful associate that I assisted earlier in the evening.

THAT is a typical Friday for me! I so LOVE doing what I do!

Cheers all!

18. rhondap

rhondap New Member

That sounds great. Glad to see you back here.

I also use Friday as my cleaning day. [​IMG]
  19. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hi Rhonda!

Thanks for re-welcoming me!

Something so very nice about having a company ready home for the weekend, even if you aren't expecting anyone!

Especially as this is a working farm, and we have recently started a riding school- I get people popping in on the weekend wanting to know about the place all of the time! Its fun!