What do you do when you only have an hour?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by JackieM293, Dec 4, 2010.

1. JackieM293

JackieM293 Member

Yesterday I had a crazy day with family and an endless list of chores. In amongst it all I only managed to find an hour to sit down at the computer and work. [​IMG]

This got me thinking about the best place to focus your attention on days when you only have an hour to work and I thought it would be interesting to find out what others would choose to do with that precious hour and why?

For my part I prioritised forums - I'm still in the early stages of establishing my online business, forums are great places to learn with the opportunity to create a couple of backlinks along the way.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

I would usually start with whatever activity was the most urgent at that time, and then move on to whatever was the next most important thing to get done.

Notice I said "usually", because there are times when I choose to tackle something I simply feel like working on at the moment, which is neither urgent or important! [​IMG]

Hermas
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

JackieM293: best place to focus your attention
    IF i was focused[​IMG] I would spend it creating CONTENT.
    Content is king of ka ching.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

An hour a day actually promoting to a targeted market, that could lead to 3 opt-ins a day on average, that produces 90 or so leads a month, generates online income.

The Hour of Power!
  5. reyeshane

reyeshane New Member

I usually write articles in an hour. I may not be a fast article writer but I can manage to write about 2-3 articles per hour. I think I based this answer to my experience since I want to update my blog all the time.
  6. katereber

katereber New Member

Hello everyone,
    If I only have an hour to work, I will read the forums on how to earn money online.. Read the strategies and also I will do promoting my business..
    Learning is one of my way to earn money.
  7. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

Do what ever makes you happy and is productive at the time....

If you have been flat out all day getting into the writing 'zone' can be more frustrating than getting the time to work, so if this is the case then don't push it.

What you did is exactly what I would have done - productive but relaxing

Never underestimate the power of education - it may even save you time at the other end [​IMG]

As well as forums open those free PDF files that you've downloaded and saved to read later, start watching one of those tutorial videos that you paid for or here's a novel idea.... (gulp) turn the computer off and relax.

Life is too short to force yourself to work relentlessly and tomorrow always comes. Do whatever the heck you like and can live with [​IMG]
  8. katereber

katereber New Member

Rach72: Life is too short to force yourself to work relentlessly and tomorrow always comes. Do whatever the heck you like and can live with
    That was great Rach, I like the way you talk to others and giving ideas..
  9. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

With our business, we show online video presentations, and 9+ out of 10 that see it join, so if I have an hour and I want it to be productive financially, I help people see that presentation and followup... BizNurse
  10. katereber

katereber New Member

Actually, one hour is not enough.
    Time runs so fast. So we don't have to waste it.
    I will make business on one hour, I will set my
    mind on generating more visitors on my site.
    Work hard for it to reach my goal. [​IMG]
  11. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

Kate, I have a suggestion that we teach our entire organization... THINKING and PLANNING is not something you earn income for, so do that during late evening hours that you can't spond talking to someone, which WILL build you income... and income in a BIG way..

TEAMING UP with your supportline ROCKS!!! BizNurseMom
  12. katereber

katereber New Member

Hi there,
    Thanks for sharing that good idea.
    Okay I will do what you said, maybe it will work for me.
    And I hope so, I don't have enough time during evening,
    I am spending my time with my family after work.
    So I think I have to manage more my time.
    But you're suggestion is great.

Again,thanks and have a nice day. [​IMG]
  13. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

Only an hour to work on your business? hhm.... so many things on the list but as long as you tackle the next thing on the list, I think you'll be fine. You can always continue working tomorrow or when you have another hour.
  14. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

katereber
    Kate, I have a family too, but I knew I had to invest the time to get the results I wanted to PUT my FAMILY first! I needed to replace a RN income, and the best time to make the necessary contacts was evenings, so I invested that time for the short term to reach my goals for the long term! Now I'll never have to do that again since Tim and I are both home full time. For something to pay you like a business, you have to treat it like a business my friend!

Good luck!!
    [​IMG]
  15. katereber

katereber New Member

Hello,
    Thank you for that advice..
    I really appreciate it..
    Actually I am working too hard for my family.
    I am doing this for them.

I will take note of your advice and will apply it to myself.
  16. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

katereber
    I absolutely understand. Grab your mentor's hand and you set appts and she/he can double team the time with you so it's leveraged..... Linda
  17. katereber

katereber New Member

Biznurse: katereber
    I absolutely understand. Grab your mentor's hand and you set appts and she/he can double team the time with you so it's leveraged..... Linda

Hello,
    Thank you, but I don't have a mentor right now.
    Wish I could have one. But as long as I can do it
    myself, I never ask any help to other people.
    I will try my best to make it by myself.
    Anyway, I really appreciate your help.
    Such a good person to me.

Good day.. [​IMG]
  18. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

Kate, someone gets a check for everything you do in your business. In our case, we have seven people in our supportline that get paid off our efforts. THOSE are your mentors as they have a vested interest in helping you hon. Call them!

Always remember absolutely YES you can do it alone... but it's NOT about you!! You have to show the leader that you are trying to approach that you have SUPPORT... the SAME support that will be there to help THEM!!

Make sense?? Linda/RN
  19. katereber

katereber New Member

Biznurse: Kate, someone gets a check for everything you do in your business. In our case, we have seven people in our supportline that get paid off our efforts. THOSE are your mentors as they have a vested interest in helping you hon. Call them!
    Thank you so much..
    You helped me a lot.
    Such a great information.
    I will make notes about it.

Good day! [​IMG]
  20. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

You are very welcome Kate! You have a great day too my friend!!