What do you guys think of Movable Type?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by JTMx29, Nov 30, 2009.

1. JTMx29

JTMx29 New Member

I am planning on getting in the marketing game again, and want to do a full fledged website. I want good content management like Wordpress, but with a more web-sitey feel. I was thinking about Movable Type, it's free, should be easy to install, and looks good. Any opinions?

I have used Wordpress, and Blogger in the past.

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Haven't tried it, but yes, it offers better options in many ways.

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I've never heard of it, but you could always give it a try, and report back to this thread what your experiences are, so that others can try it out if it works for you. [​IMG]

4. TimelySuccess

TimelySuccess New Member

Wow, sounds good, but I've never heard of it.

Give it a try, it might turn out to be something fairly nice...Let us know how it is!

~~TimelySuccess

5. JTMx29

JTMx29 New Member

I ended up installing Movable Type on my site last week. It seemed to have a learning curve and thinks weren't where or how I would liked them to have been. The themes for the site weren't fully developed either. Comparative to Wordpress it seems that Wordpress is a lot more user friendly. I'm sure Movable Type is great if you can get over the learning curve.

I also installed Joomla, which is running on my TechInsomniac site in my signature. It seems to be a little more user friendly, although it did take some learning to navigate and understand how it worked.

So for now I'll stick with Joomla and see how that goes and where it takes me!

Thanks,

Taylor

6. sequencehosting

sequencehosting New Member

It looks very good.

My question would be what version of Wordpress did you use? Did you use the free version (wordpress.com) or the self-hosted version (wordpress.org)? The free version is very limited while it's possible to create a website with the self-hosted version.

You may also want to take a look at Joomla, Drupal as they are Content Managements Systems meant for websites rather than blogs.