What do you think about Melaleuca-The Wellness Co.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by wes03004, Apr 12, 2006.

1. LORINELIZABETH

LORINELIZABETH New Member

TJamMoneyMan
    The data that most of the affiliates do not grow a business comes from Melaleuca. It doesnt help Melaleuca to release this data. But it shows that referring people can take a lot of time and effort and most people dont do it. 95% who join stay in.. not because they have a huge business under them, but because they love the benefits!

MLM has a bad name and has been stereotyped as ALL MLMS are bad. I agree with you Melaleuca is a pyramid and an MLM... you do have to buy products every month if you want to refer and earn commissions. Even normal thriving companies are pyramids.. you have the CEO, several people under him, with several people under them, and so on and so forth. The people at the top benefit the most.. but hard workers and move above their upline in earnings and status.

I think you are also right about a lot that you have said, for some reason Mela reps have a bad reptutation for saying whatever they have to to get reps. Telling people they can replace their income quickly. Some reps have pushed so hard to make money it makes the company look bad at times. BUT the company itself has top awards and ratings. COnsistant A+ with BBB.

If you ever considered joining, I would love for you to join with me. My upline and I are brutally honest with people before joining. Only $1 registration to join before JUN 15th.

Have you been burned by MLMs in the past? I promise you they are not all bad. But you have to research them... I think you are definitely doing that well!

Trivita is another great one....

2. LORINELIZABETH

wes03004
    So it is 2010 now.. so Im curious what you decided to do and how it turned out for you?

3. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

TJamMoneyMan
    I was defending you somewhat, not by any means going against you. I'm tired of the same sick story over and over by the Mela reps as well, and MANY have contacted me LONG AFTER I've made it clear they were not to contact me again.

I"m part of an MLM as well, but by no means do I bring anyone into the company to work with the "understanding" that they'll definitely come out at the top and much richer than where they're at now. I like to refer to my company as a good opportunity to make some extra cash, if nothing else.

And I definitely back the services my company provides discounts for, but I don't think they're the best out there. Most people do boast the quality of the products their promoting, but I like to be truthful about what I've got and let ya know up front if it's right for 'you' or not.

Hard work, perseverence, ambition and dedication are 4 essentials in being successful. Many people don't have that "vision" to pull out those 4 essentials and do what it takes, and they're left behind. Sadly, those are usually the people who label anything they've tried and were unsuccessful with, a scam. It's a shame.

I wouldn't say Melaleuca is a scam by definition of the word to me. I would be more apt to say misleading. But hey, that's my humble opinion and it doesn't have to count for a darn in your books.

[​IMG]

4. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

LORINELIZABETH
    One thing I've noticed with Mela reps is their consistency in advertising your reputation with the BBB. Is this just another way of appealing to prospects because most people who don't know any better are so hell bent on believing that the BBB is the end all be all of exposing the legitimacy of a company? I'm curious. Not saying that the BBB shouldn't be considered at all, but far too many people, too often rely on it in hopes that they'll have found the perfect company.

5. shutterbugdor

shutterbugdor New Member

Now, I know that there are some out here who are going to jump all over this as soon as I submit it, but... I have to put in my 2 cents worth. I have been a Independent Rep of Melaleuca for 12 years. I have never promised that you could replace your income with melaleuca, I grew my 'team' to 8 families. Families who were looking for environmentally safe products. I did not require them to go out and meet and beat people into the 'club'.... As the economy in this state went down the tubes, they all cried about needing to let their Melaleuca membership go.. After several months of trying to use the instore 'green' products they started calling if I would sell to them. I agreed. Without their orders I would have to give up Melaleuca membership as well. Being retired, the funds just are not there. But, I do not make a dime on their purchases, just help with my points per month. I am fine with that and so are they. My team's motto was the chemicals you put into your septic tank will come back to bite you in your well water, eventually. None of the team looked for people to join, all of us had people ask us if they could join. Are we rare? Probably... We love our Melaleuca products. I went from Allergy shots on a monthly basis to none at all. I was allergic to the fumes coming from the chemicals under my sink. Once I got rid of all the cleaning products, my allergies and asthma subsided and eventually went away totally. And, here the Dr's thought I was allergic to my pets and f lowers and trees....

6. yahia

yahia Member

Same here shutterbugdor.

Melaleuca is MLM, but is not a pyramid lorinelizabeth. A pyramid is paid mainly from membership fees (like easy cash gifting), not 400+ products! Please look up the legal definition before judging.

And the scam TJamMoneyMan is when you are sold something other than what you bought or thought you are buying. When you buy soap from Melaleuca you get soap. That's not a scam.

Now how many of you who are judging Melaleuca are, or used to be, Melaleuca customers or reps?

By the way, I am not into MLM anymore and I am not actively promoting Melaleuca, but I have been at least a customer for more than 4 years and I am not going back to Procter and Gamble stuff.

And Jlbear21, Melaleuca reps are contacting you not because they insist on you personally. You need to understand that you are a "lead". Someone is selling your information to Melaleuca reps. Even if the same rep is calling you repeatedly, how is this Melaleuca's fault?

Come on people. Be reasonable.

And from the marketing perspective. What is a good and legit MLM company in your opinion? A cash gifting "ILLEGAL" pyramid, a company that sells pills that you don't need and will never need or an over priced crappy hosting?

Compare that with a company that is selling 400+ products that you buy anyway and use in your life every day. Which one makes sense? Which one smells scammy here?

7. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

yahia: And Jlbear21, Melaleuca reps are contacting you not because they insist on you personally. You need to understand that you are a "lead". Someone is selling your information to Melaleuca reps. Even if the same rep is calling you repeatedly, how is this Melaleuca's fault?
    I'm aware of how leads work. I never said it's the company's fault. The reps that have contacted me repeatedly, even after being asked and told to stop, have left a bad taste in my mouth.

8. 21decadeniche

21decadeniche New Member

Two main Keys in building a Successful Melaleuca Career.
    1. Enrol new preferred customer for trial 60 days, 100% satisfaction guarantee. Not happy, membership refundable in 60 days.
    2.Develop director.( Each director just needs 8 preferred customer and not business builder).

This business is no count of whether you join in first or later. Everyone can be a winner.

[​IMG]

Happy day

9. yahia

yahia Member

jlbear21
    jlbear21: The reps that have contacted me repeatedly, even after being asked and told to stop
    That rep sounds so desperate [​IMG]

This is one reason I quit MLM 3 years ago. A few bad reps ruined it for every body.

10. 21decadeniche

21decadeniche New Member

At Melaleuca, you can just cancel your membership within 60 days trial period risk free . Your membership fees will be fully refunded by write in a letter before 25th of each month.

Before joining, ask yourself questions first.
    1. What Melaleuca is all about? Selling Marketing plan? Selling something you don't need? Their product is made suite to health of people and cater to environment?

2. Does it hurt me? You have 60-day 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you do need a product, just return it within 60-day and your money fully refund. You can try 400+ products in 60-day.

3. How long Melaleuca established? 25 years until now from 1985. Why they can stay so long and be listed in Inc.500 for 5 consecutive years?

4. Why Melaleuca can tell how much is their monthly retention rate? Have you seen any MLM company tells you about their retention rate?

5. How many top executive in a MLM company remains with the company and left for other MLM company?

Please take this into deep consideration before joining us. And with 60-day free trial period + 100% satisfaction guarantee, do you think you can be forced to continue as a Melaleuca preferred customer?

Please understand.
    Thank you for reading
    Proud of Melaleuca

11. EOlson

EOlson New Member

simonussher
    Melaleuca is a company that manufactures green, healthy, eco-friendly products and one may choose to refer other people to the store, it's that simple. It's more of a marketing job, because you don't distribute anything. You simply market the store and refer people to shop there. [​IMG]

12. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

yahia: And the scam TJamMoneyMan is when you are sold something other than what you bought or thought you are buying. When you buy soap from Melaleuca you get soap. That's not a scam.
    When you buy soap from Mel, you are PAYING for the business plan as well.

13. LisaWalson

LisaWalson New Member

I've been using Melaleuca for about 3 years. I like it very much. I advised it to all my friends. I have a very sensitive skin ant it is very difficult for me to find suitable cosmetics. And I don't care if it isn't not very cheap because it's your health and beauty. Found everything about Melaleuca on Pissedconsumer website.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. kevingregg

kevingregg New Member

Here is a statistic for you everyone in the Auto-Ship MLM Businesses.

80% of all your distributors cancel their auto-ship within their first 90 days of getting in the business.

50% of the ones that are left cancel within their next 90 days in the business.

I don't care how good the product is. It can cure cancel, clean the house and make it look clean for a month. Doesn't matter. That is the stat in MLM.

Thus bringing out the 80/20 rule. 80% of your income is generated from 20% of your distributors.

So you need to have a lot, I mean a lot of people using a little bit a product to get you to a full time income.

Those are the proven numbers. Just a heads up.

Kevin Gregg

15. LORINELIZABETH

kevingregg
    Really? I am surprised by these numbers and surely have not seen it in my Melaleuca business. In fact, on the Melaleuca website it states that 19 out of 20 people who join stick with it. And that is right on with what I have seen, and also my enroller and her enroller have seen.

In fact, everyone has 4 months to try it out risk free and get a full refund, so I do not believe that it is proven that 80% of the people who join cancel within 90 days.

Part of having a Melaleuca business is learning how to recruit the right people, if you are recruiting them and informing them properly, then your statistics should be in line with 95% retention rate.

16. kevingregg

kevingregg New Member

LORINELIZABETH
    Then I guess I am wrong. However, I have personally known about 20 people that tried selling Melaleuca who are not doing it any longer. The statistic was by an MLM consultant that I hired when I tried to launch a company. Based on those stats, I decided not to do it. This consultant has been around for over 40 years. He has helped launch over 200 companies. He took me to a manufacturing company that packages over 40 different mlm companies pills, juice and products.

It ended being that they are all the same product at the end. The only thing that changes is flavor, coloring and the private labeling. A company is built by the leadership and hype of the product and comp plan. But at the end all products are the same. Melaleuca has great leadership but almost everyone I know has tried it and are not doing it. But again that's what the masses do with the other companies. Top earners think logical and not emotional.

Bottom line top earners are loyal to their paycheck and not to what the company tells their salesforce.

Kevin G.

17. TJamMoneyMan

LORINELIZABETH: In fact, on the Melaleuca website it states that 19 out of 20 people who join stick with it.
    Come now, you don't think Melaleuca is biased?

If there was a 95% retention rate, just do the math, the market would quickly be OVERRUN with Mel distributors.

The Mel market is over run already, even with all the drop outs.
    But with a 95% retention rate, the market would have been saturated VERY quickly!

18. TJamMoneyMan

LORINELIZABETH: I agree with you Melaleuca is a pyramid and an MLM...
    Yes, and MLM pyramids, selling product to their own members, eventually saturate their market.
    It's inevitable, IF the pyramid grows.

LORINELIZABETH: Even normal thriving companies are pyramids.. you have the CEO, several people under him, with several people under them, and so on and so forth.
    Those types of pyramids are QUITE different.
    Pay comes from work compensation ONLY.

Underlings do NOT generate commissions for those above them.

Those at the higher levels do NOT get commissions from those below them.

Pay/compensation comes ONLY from doing your job.
    The corporation ONLY gets money from sales of product - profit.

NO ONE working at an automobile plant, for example, is required to buy and sell automobiles every month!

19. Tac5Man

Tac5Man New Member

Melaleuca is a CDM-MLM. They are a different kind of MLM. No one gets hurt in Melaleuca. You are not required to sell any products to anyone, and you are not required to buy in bulk. As a matter of fact they only pay the enroller on the first 150 product points per enrollee per month.

and as far as being over run: They have 500,000 customers world wide. (they are in several countries now)

61% of 500,000 = 305,000 customers never enroll even 1 member.

27% of 500,000 = 135,000 customers enroll between 1 to 7 people.

That means that only 60,000 customers located in several different countries actually do enroll 8 or more. and there are 307,006,550 people in America alone. Still a lot of people out there.

20. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

Interesting ad in local shopper near me that is under employment section. Reads something like this 'Full or part time employment working out of home and a few other vague details I can't recall plus phone number'

I called out of curiousity and it is Melaleuca opportunity. I find this ad very misleading as it not really a job ad. I bet Melaleuca would not approve of this if they were contacted. Melaleuca is a reputable company and money can be made but it takes a lot of work, time and some investment.

Mark