What do you think about Melaleuca-The Wellness Co.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by wes03004, Apr 12, 2006.

1. FREDY

FREDY New Member

I went to a meeting last night i saw the presntation, im gonna get my wife invlove in it,im doing something else right now and it working so great i just can't mix it with that eventhough there are two different market.But afterall it seem there is a great avenir in malaleuca.

2. niddy

niddy New Member

I love Melelauca and their products. Truth is, to make money with any MLM company, it helps and is almost crucial to get in at the top.

3. verocan74

verocan74 New Member

Can someone help me, I have alot of Melaleuca product I need to get rid of if anyone knows someone who would be interested email me.

4. stacy

stacy New Member

Wealthmentor.....Can you tell me more about your products? I'm looking into Melaleuca or Shaklee products, but I want products that I really believe in so I can talk about them to others withour being embarrassed.

Email: [email protected]

5. stacy

stacy New Member

yahia - I agree about not being about to use the name in the ads. I just heard about Melaleuca yesterday and listened to one of those conference calls today. The turn off for me right away was that when the lady called me, she wouldn't tell me anything about her company. She wanted to call me back the next day to talk about it. So, now I understand why becasue she had to set up the conference call with her company. But, she couldn't even tell me that is was Cleaning products, she just called it a home based business. I got the impression she was embarrased by her company.
    I am still thinking about it. I don't mind promoting a product if it is something I love to use and it's reasonably priced, but I'm not sure if I can buy enough product each month. I don't go through cleaning products often enough and just laundry soap won't make the minimum. Can anyone tell me exactly what they order each month to meet the minimum requirements? I'd just like to see a real list of what I could order every 30 days.
    In the meantime, I'm using my PowerMall to order stuff and I get rebates back on everything I buy. It's not as lucrative, but I can buy name brand products at stores like Target and PetsMart.

My rep is calling me back Monday, so any advise before then would be great!!!

6. worknathome

worknathome New Member

I love the products, I love the business side, I love my mentors, I love it all. I have been with Melaleuca for 2 months and I have no negativity about them at all. As a matter of fact one of the professors that helped formulate one of the products use to be one of my salon customers, I have retired from the cosmetology industry. I respect him and the fact he uses the products as well. You get as much training as you want and your main website gives you all the tools you need to build your business.

7. chas

chas New Member

maybe sounds like you don't clean your house very often? [​IMG] the 35 pts is based on one person...very easy to do if you are showering, shaving, brushing your teeth, and cleaning your home on a regular basis.

8. gracia

gracia New Member

Don't know how anyone can say they have products left after several years. We are always running out of our products & always having to buy more.

No, you cannot sell the products. You won't have to sell them, just buy what you will use. The 35pt min is geared toward a household of one There is no need to get extra products & if you don't wish to go into business, there is no need. Just be a satisfied custiomer. If I didn't make any money, I would still be with this awesome company. The products are amazing. I run out of the vitamins, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, some cleaning products & need to buy them every month. This is far beyond the 35 pp & I get 1-2 free products every month because we receive points that are converted into money for each product that we buy.

There are no deceptive practices. There is a huge difference between MLM & CDM & we are a CDM, not an MLM. THis is not deceptive.

There are some ingredients that are not natural. We don't claim to be natural, just the best of science & nature.

Melaleuca Oil comes from the leaf of the Melaleuca Tree in Austrailia. It is not Tea Tree. Tea Tree is a very watered down version of Melaleuca Oil.

Even the Poison Control knows our products & they say no need to go to the emergency room as the children will simply have some diarrhea or be sick to their stomach if swallowed.

Gracia

9. JonStrong

JonStrong New Member

I have to chime in too on this. I've been in the working world for 28 years. Half of my time was as a "corporate citizen", in roles from programmer up through CIO of a NASDAQ-traded company. I have run global consulting organizations, and also ran my own boutique technology consulting firm for 14 years.

I have also been exposed to an enormous variety of "work at home" businesses, most based on some variant of the MLM model. I was roped into Amway when I was in grad school: whatever the potential rewards of that business, it was an awful experience for me, and I finally threw out all my left over "inventory" (which had cost me a small fortune) after about 12 years of having it sit in boxes under my sink and in the basement. I've watched friends put in endless hours and enormous effort in business like Tastefully Simple, PartyLite, Arbonne, Avon, Mary Kay and more. The best result I've personally witnessed in these was about $1,200 a month net income, after years of hard work. Not terrible -- but not enough to motivate me, because quite honestly, I can do better with far less effort using my primary career skills as a technology consultant on the side. But I really wanted to find something that I could get behind, that had the potential of making a significant difference in my personal financial situation.

To this day, I still compare notes with colleagues and friends about various businesses we could work on together. We have discussed creation of virtual phone companies (one friend is doing just that), technology recruiting businesses, health care billing businesses, etc. All have their plusses and minuses -- and I never close on the door on a feasible sounding possibility.

My wife was involved in a couple of network marketing businesses a couple of years ago, and had posted flyers and business cards in local grocery stores. This didn't get us any new business, but it did earn us a phone call from a gentleman who lives pretty close to me. He wanted to know how the business was working out for my wife, if she was enjoying it, and if it was growing and making money. In fact, we were slightly cash negative each month, and my wife was putting in something like 20 hours per week, and had already flown out to one of the company's big meetings in the mid-west (don't recall if this was PartyLite, Tastefully Simple, or one of the others).

The person who called her asked if she would be interested in looking at an alternative business model -- and she declined for the moment, still being determined to make the current business work. He very graciously accepted this, wished her luck, and hung up. However he apparently also noted that her "no" answer wasn't "don't call me again" -- but was instead, "not at the moment". He called again a year later, about 3 or 4 months ago, and this time my wife was open to talking to him, having given up on all the other home-based businesses early last year.

He spent a few minutes on the phone explaining that he was marketing executive with Melaleuca, and told my wife that he wanted to spend an hour with us to explain the whole thing in greater detail. I tend to be "Mr. Skeptical", and insisted that I be given an opportunity to research Melaleuca thoroughly, myself, before we sat with him. Having spent many years on the Internet, I am hypersensitive to scams, exaggerated claims and urban legends, and I generally pride myself on debunking things like this. So we told this caller that I would do some research and we'd get back to him.

I thought this would be quick, but in fact I wound up spending several hours over several days reading online articles, websites and discussion forum posts about Melaleuca. I read a lot of misinformed posts, posts by embittered people who thought it was a "get rich quick" scheme that would generate money automatically or that it wouldn't require any effort. I've learned to recognize posts and commentary by people like that, who expect an opportunity to "work itself", and who will happily trash something good because it never met their impossible expectations. But what really impressed me were a couple of aspects of the research:

- the majority of the comments I read, in virtually every online forum in which people discussed personal experiences with the products, company and business model, were positive. My impression is that at least 80% or 90% of the comments were positive.

- the company is not a fly-by-night organization. It has been in its present under, under present management, for 22 years. It has shown annual growth in revenue every year it has been in operation. It is privately held and profitable. From what I understand, sales revenue will probably be somewhere north of $900 million for calendar year 2007, and likely pass $1 billion in 2008. It started with 5 products 22 years ago, and now offers something like 400 products.

- getting involved in this can happen essentially one of two ways: you can become a preferred customer, which is pretty much like signing up for a discount buying club (i.e., I pay Sam's Club or Costco an annual fee to be allowed to make discount purchases at their stores), the difference being that if I choose to do so, I only do this once with Melaleuca, and I have the opportunity to be a "member" for life. If I decide that I also like the business model, I essentially do the same thing, but also recommend share the business model with other people who have the same choice that I do: do nothing, sign up as a customer, or also become involved in the business.

- the startup cost is minimal, and any and all products purchased have a 100% satisfaction guarantee: if I don't like a product, I have something like 2 months to get a full refund.

- the products tended to get rave reviews from just about everybody who tried them and reported back online about them.

- marketing executives do not take product orders, stock products, resell products, etc. That's simply not part of the business model.

The last point is critical: "multi-level marketing" businesses generally depend on "reps" buying products, marking them up (optional) and reselling them do downline reps. The nasty side effect of this is that MLM reps often wind up "purchasing" their status and "levels" in the business by buying product that they plan on reselling -- and often wind up stuck with thousands of dollars in unused, and unsellable, product. I've seen this with just about every other home-based business before running into Melaleuca. That simply can't happen here, as the business model is NOT about buying product and reselling it. Marketing executives do not buy and resell product. People who want to purchase the products do so exactly as I do: they either call the 800 number, or get on the company website and order for themselves, and the products are drop-shipped directly to their front door. I am involved in their orders, shipping, delivery, etc.

Once I ascertained that we wouldn't really be at risk for anything more than our time, I agreed to attend a one-hour meeting, along with my wife, with our local Melaleuca marketing executive.

Everything I saw and heard matched my own independent research. Only difference was that we found that we were apparently lucky enough to be sitting with one of the shining success stories in this business. I don't want to post earnings claims here in any detail -- that really shouldn't be done unless somebody can also look at accurate and verified statistics about real earnings from all the real participants in a business. But I'll share this much: the gentleman (let's call him "GL") has been, for the past 10 years, making about two to three times as much per year as my best year as a C-level executive, working in a NASDAQ-traded firm in NYC. He works from home, wakes up in time to walk his kids to the bus-stop, spends an hour at the gym, and finally starts accepting phone calls around 10am. He's about the most mellow and relaxed businessman I've met.

No q
    uestion that he's one of a handful. But in the time we've spent with him, I can see how he's built his business, and I can see what the real potential is. I've read dozens of case histories about what other people have done in the business, even having started just in the last year or two. In short: I can see that, even if I never achieve his level of success, there is excellent potential to build real income, in a reasonable time, and be using first-class non-toxic products in the process, getting rid of a lot of the products that we used to use that had additives like bleach, lye, phosphates, etc. My house is safer, and we're starting to build a business that I am comfortable touting and sharing with others -- at virtually no financial risk to us whatsoever.

Sorry if this post is too long. I'm just very excited about this, after having been a skeptic and naysayer about home-based businesses for so many years. I love the products, I love the company's philosophy, and I see a solid business model that I can respect. It's also taking off quickly for us -- faster than I would have expected, and the people we've introduced it to are running ahead, building for themselves and for us in the process.

The company provides great support, lots of available training, and is an organization and product line I can really respect. Having one of their "super stars" available helps me, but it's not necessary to make something good out of this opportunity.

I don't want to violate the rules of this forum, especially being a new member. I'd like to learn here, participate in various discussions, and share what I'm learning. I don't think I can post a lot more about this than I have already, but if anybody wants more detail, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email.

10. Dianeblogs

Dianeblogs New Member

Well, there are additional ways to build a team in the Melaleuca industry. Look outside the box . There are great opportunities if you have the right guidance - and that goes for any networking company. Diane

11. Kip

Kip New Member

I've heard some great things just through this blog, can someone tell me how to contact a rep in Ontario,Canada for some products.
    Thanks!!

12. bulldawg2

bulldawg2 New Member

I have been a customer and using the products since April 1992. I enjoy them and yes, they cost a bit more upfront. however, they are very concentrated. I 96oz bottle of MelaPower laundrey detergent lasts me at least 6 months, sometimes longer. And I wash at least once a day, sometimes 2-3 times per day. A bar of soap lasts us at least a month, and really enjoy the smell of the soap.
    As far as the business. The thing that people have to remember is that it is a business. If you started a restaurant or any other type of business, you have to put in the time and sweat to build the business. I was in the restaurant biz for nearly 20 years and I know. I worked many 100 hour weeks, from early morning until late at night getting things going. And once they were going, I still put in the hours to watch the business, advertise, deal with employees, ... Treat this like a business and it will work. Set regular hours to do business, act in a professional, ethical manner. And foremost, be completely honest with people. Do not try to get them to come into Melaleuca by not telling them everything or telling them something that is not honest. If you do not know, tell them so and that you will find out.
    Over half of ALL non-MLM/Network Marketing business fail in the first 5 years. But they had to put up much, much more money to get things going. So look at what they lose. Not nearly what someone who comes to Melaleuca has to pay.
    Yes, some people have the skills and ability to come in and burn the forest down and build huge income quickly. But most of us will not do that. Do not go in this with that expectation. Expect to have to work hard, put in extra time, and make some sacrifices. Wouldn't you be making that sacrifice if you worked a second job?
    I hope, while reading all of this, and what other's have posted, you realize that this is a business that must be WORKED. It is simple, not necessarly EASY, but SIMPLE!!
    GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU DO.

13. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Quoting: simonussherWhat is melaleuca? Is it a berry or something?
    Melaleuca is another name for tea tree oil.

14. gracia

gracia New Member

Quoting: susanengMelaleuca is another name for tea tree oil.

Actually Melaleuca Oil is the strongest form of Tea Tree Oil, the most pure form. What is sold in the stores is a weaker form of Melaleuca Oil.
    The company has two strengths that are stronger than the Tea Tree Oil & each is needed for different situations. For instance only the strongest form can beat a nail yeast infection.

Gracia

15. JulieP24

JulieP24 New Member

Melaleuca is a great company. I have been a member for over 3 years now and love the products. They are all I buy. I never purchase any store products such as cleaners and detergents because I have found Melaleucas to be of much better quality and they even work better!

16. gracia

gracia New Member

Quoting: KipI've heard some great things just through this blog, can someone tell me how to contact a rep in Ontario,Canada for some products.
    Thanks!!

Kip, call Melaleuca & they will link you up with someone in Canada

Gracia

17. joni

joni New Member

You can make enough, very easily to cover your monthly products.

18. joni

joni New Member

Could take just a few months.

19. Rawb

Rawb New Member

I am interested in discussing the petro-chemicals Melaleuca currently uses in their products and why some people would choose to continue buying Melaleuca products when they are not completely safe. Just because they are a little safer than some mainstream products doesn't make them totally "safe" by any means. I have reviewed some of the petro-chemicals they use in their patents and to be honest, I don't know how they can claim to be a "Health and Wellness" company when they are attempting to justify using certain chemicals and claiming they are safe to use. Of the 88,000+ petro-chemicals presently in use today, very few are properly tested especially over the long term. Chemicals they consider to be "safe" today can potentially be harmful 50 years from now. Fluoride is a prime example of what premature research can do. Until the industry changes (if it ever does) we cannot trust it to keep us safe. This applies to Melaleuca as well despite what they continually tell us about testing and their "word".

With the rise in chemical sensitivities in today's workplace and home, people need to go a couple steps further than Melaleuca products and go petro-chemical free. Once the fatty tissues in your body is overloaded with synthetic petro-chemicals, the organs are next to bear the onslaught of synthetic tyranny. And since Melaleuca has refused to cease using certain chemicals which they currently purchase from various chemical plants, my fear is for the long term safety of their consumers.

However, it appears people are more interested in making an income than learning about the hidden dangers present in not only Melaleuca products, but many health food store brands as well. The difference between Mela and the health food store brands is that many companies have discontinued certain chemicals upon discovering new information whereas Melaleuca refuses to do so. As they so blatantly stated in one of their articles, they don't want to "perpetuate the myth."

I would ask people to scrutinize all food labels and personal care product labels. Learn about the ingredients/chemicals and become informed. Once you are armed with the knowledge, noone can deceive you in the future.

20. Trish

Trish New Member

I just quit Melaleuca for the second time. The more recent time that I signed up to work the business. A women (not listing name) called me and started stating she worked for a wellness company and I asked if it was Melaleuca and she said yes. She inquired about how I knew the company, I explained that I had signed up before a few years before and didn't get really good training and didn't sign anyone up so, I stopped because I wasn't making money and to be honest I didn't have the money to work the business. We talked and I signed up again with this lady. Well as of 3:15pm on Friday May 30. 2008 I am no longer a customer or an I.B.O for this company. When I called to cancel my membership they asked questions about why and then stated I would need to fax and also stated that they may not receive it and or, I could mail the paper stating my name, phone, address, and statement and of course sign it. The fax they gave me is here:1.888.528.2090 I am including it here in case anyone needs it. I signed up about 2 to 3 months ago spent extra so, that me and my husband could advertise worldwide.
    We had at least 1,000 advertisements out on the net in different cities and countries. We did receive a lot of responses but Thankfully no one signed up. To be honest I never googled their name or anything and I was and had just went by what I was told. The two women claimed that it was ALL NATURAL and SAFE. When I searched them on the net I found A LOT of Unhappy consumers and a child could have died by getting their so called safe toothpaste for kids on her had she swallowed it! She from the report had only got it on her legs, stomach, chest- her mother had gotten to her in time before she put it in her mouth. After reading that I knew I didn't want to be responsible for harming anyone in the mean time my husband went and got a bottle of their Tub & Tile cleaner on the bottom of the bottle it states: Caution: Eye irritant. Keep out of reach of children. In case of eye contact, flush with plenty of water. Call physician if irritation persists. If swallowed drink water and call a physician or local posion control center. avoid prolonged or repeated exposure to the sun. Do not mix with bleach or other cleaning agents. My question is if this is all natural and safe and non toxic then why the warning? I had told people who called me that it was ok because I honestly believed it. I am not telling anyone to not try it but, I will say this that I wont sell or buy from this company anymore. I want to know that what I am using is safe and I don't want anyone getting sick or dying from using it. I don't recommend this business or it's products. This is just my opinion you can take it or leave it.