What do you think about Melaleuca-The Wellness Co.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by wes03004, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Trish

Trish New Member

I really suggest that you look at everything before you sign up and don't give a visa or bank account that you use all time time instead get one you put money on and use it if you do decide to sign up with this company. If you use a reg. visa or bank card you will get charged even if you don't want the products anymore! When I called to cancel my membership and told them I would fax the paper to them they told me they may not receive it (This tells me that the paper will most likely get lost l.o.l). I loved their products, I thought they were safe and they did a good job at cleaning things that I couldn't get cleaned with anything else. I never looked them up on the net to see any neg. feedback and I had always took the word of the person who signed me up (both times) but, I don't want to take the risk of hurting someone and so, I don't recommend this company, there are too many unhappy people out their for me and some could've passed away from what i had read- no thanks. I want to have a clean home but, I will look for things that maybe I overlooked before that is all natural and I know pretty sure wont kill me or the people I care about. Of course this is just my opinion and you can take it or leave it.

As I had stated before I worked this twice. The first time I had been in it for about 6 mo or so. I really didn't care for the smell of some of their products but, tried and used them a good bit. The toothpaste I got I really didn't like the smell or taste and almost everytime I used it I got ill when I went back to the store and got another tube of what I had gotten before I was no longer ill however, I didn't think the toothpaste made me ill but, after reading some of the things that I have found on the net I am know wondering if it had something to do with it. I lived in a very old home that the tub was awful and had taken bleach with very little water and let it soak overnight, got up the next day and looked into the tub and it hadn't done a thing!!! I had gotten some of the cleaning products from Melaleuca and used tub and tile on it , I admit it came out white it looked brand new but, doesn't it make you wonder if bleach didn't get it clean what melaleuca has in their cleaner to make it look brand new?????

2. mandy

mandy New Member

Trish, Melaleuca as a home based business isn't for everyone especially without the belief that they have the best products and are truly non-toxic.

I joined Melaleuca 4 years ago because I was looking for something I could do from home. Well, it took me that long to realize that this business and the products were not for me. As a single person I found it difficult to buy every month as we are required to do in order to maintain our "preferred customer" status entitling me to the 30 - 40% discounts and the loyalty dollars. Minimum order is 35 (pp) product points which equates to approx. $55 plus tax plus shipping.

Since their products are concentrated they lasted quite a while, more than one month. So I found that I was buying stuff I wouldn't normally buy just to meet my 35 pp commitment every month. Then once I reached Director, which is having enrolled 8 preferred customers, I had to increase to 75 pp in order to get my Director commission checks. These checks were enough to pay for the products. I don't particularly like to be told I HAVE to shop every month.

Like you, Trish, I wasn't totally convinced that Melaleuca was as safe as they claim to be. Also, the cost is much much more than what I was told during my "presentation". It's 29$ to join; but.....to do this as a business there are other costs which were hidden from me until I was engrossed in the team I was part of. This business can't be done alone, it is forced team work. Melaleuca has rules. One rule I had difficulty with was not being able to advertise that I was a rep for Melaleuca.

I compare this business to car salespeople. If you can talk them into enrolling and keep them as a customer and/or business partner then you will make money. I didn't feel comfortable about it.

Those that are making money at this have only praise for Melaleuca. I was making money, I was a Director III, but was still not convinced myself that this was the best. Melaleuca's reorder rate has dropped; their sales are climbing. There are people who swear by them, I am not one of those people.

I liked the products. If I could buy them from my local store I would; at least them I could buy WHEN I WANTED and HOW MUCH I wanted.

3. MoneyPlus

MoneyPlus New Member

I was in Melaleuca about 5 years ago.
    I made a few bucks but not that much.

The guy who signed me did pretty well.
    He earned a company car (leased).

He eventually got discouraged and doesn't
    do the business anymore.

The guy who signed him up made a fortune.
    He recruited by doing a lot of public meetings, getting up
    in front of a large crowd and promoting the products.
    (I don't know if he's still active or not).

I liked the products very much, especially the
    Melaleuca oil and their dental floss... Top notch!

However, their prices are a bit pricey.

The company is now very well establishes
    (which means that it is harder to make any real money).

I would suggest to you that you find a company that is
    still in it's growing stages, unlike Melaleuca, Amway and
    Herbalife which are all well established and already
    doing Billions in sales.

If you'd like a couple suggestions, send me a message
    and I'll get back to you.

Good Luck!
    Carl Willoughby

4. Cmoney

Cmoney New Member

I have been a customer with Melaleuca for about 2 years now. I love the products. Renew lotion for dry skin is my favourite product. Although, I must admit that I have not experienced any prolems with the toothpaste.
    Recently I have thought about the business side of Melaleuca. However, the problem I'm facing at the moment is that my sponsor doesn't take the business seriously and as a result the support I get is very weak. To top it off the person who enrolled my sponsor has quit and I've moved to a new area where I don't know anybody.
    Now all my sponsor can talk about is building a list of people I know. Ok! So I introduced some of my friends to this guy. Big mistake!
    Right about now I'm thinking of either quiting completely, or finding a local rep. I still think that the products are cool and Melaleuca has only been over in the UK for a few years. To me this is like a ground floor oportunity, but with an established company.
    Are there any Uk based Melaleuca reps out there, particularly in Surrey with any thoughts on this matter?

5. LivingGreener

LivingGreener New Member

To aWellnessGroup,
    your enrollment numbers are impressive. I've been w/Melaleuca for 7 months and average 4/month, but I'm struggling now to find folks that are looking for a great opportunity like Melaleuca. Can you give me any advice?

6. davebryan

davebryan New Member

Hi All: I'm new to your forum, but not new to Melaleuca. I have been in the program 2 times, and have nothing bad to say about their product. If you are one to get out and hussel and know lots of people, that are interested in making some money. Give it a shot. My problem was, that I just didn't know a lot of people, and you do have to sign up other people to make money from the products they buy. It's a good company and never had any problems with the company. I also had great support people to help me out, but didn't make it both times I enrolled, due to the above.
    Dave

7. Shelly Allen

Shelly Allen New Member

LivingGreener: Can you give me any advice?

LivingGreener I will send you a private message!

8. livinghealthy

livinghealthy New Member

I have been using Melaleuca products for over 4 years now and just recently started to build a business. I know that my business will only grow if I put in the time and effort. This would be true with any home biz. If I do not let others know what I am doing, I cannot expect to grow and increase my income. I am constantly adding names to my call list. Not everyone I talk to about purchasing products from Mela. is going to switch over. Every time someone says "no" to me, I think up two new names to add to my call list. For starting a biz, Mela has an extremely low start up cost. You can do it for less than $100. This is biz you can start part-time or work it full time. The choice is yours. You pick what level you want to work. If you decide to start with Mela, make sure that you have a good support team to help you learn the ropes. This will help you get off to a great start.

9. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Good products, have used the soap for years, but like most, it is a long haul to build up an income, never mind sustain it. I got up to a couple hundred a month when I started, but attrition is a killer, especially in a recession as people look to cut back on their budgets, and what goes first, sadly, expensive soap.

Success to all, Mike

10. tangpat

tangpat New Member

hi I just signed up as melaleuca preferred customer but I read on the internet that this company is a scam and that they keep charging to credit card even though products were not ordered. anyone of you have experienced this.?

11. smartnet

smartnet New Member

I joined Melaluca many years ago when it first came out. I loved the products and like you wanted to sign up families to pay for my products. I worked my but off and in the first month I signed about 14 families. Then the second month they all dropped out. Go figure.I remained a customer for quite awhile then I dropped out too.

12. jackie8w

jackie8w New Member

Whoever explained Melaleuca to you did not do it correctly. It is simply a shopping decision- do you want safe non-toxic products in your home. Well all you do is shop on a monthly basis for the products that you would normally buy elsewhere from Melaleuca to make sure you have a healthy home and body. To preserve your preferred customer prices and wholesale membership you select a the products you want to receive in a select pack that the company will ship to you if something comes up in your life and you forget to order. You should NEVER receive products you havent asked for. It is fully explained in the presentation and on the customer forms which you must have signed to be a customer. If you no longer want the benefits all you do is write and cancel It really is very simple. I have customers who really value our products ordering for five years and more. When you have life changing experiences like my daughter not having eczema any more you wouldn't change your brand .And if you really want to earn money at the same time it works I dont know where I would be today if it wasnt for my Melaleuca business. After all if you haven't got your health there really isn't much of a life for you.

[Link removed - Admin]

13. mtvfirestone

mtvfirestone New Member

I like the Melelueca products, however when I tried to do the business thing it didn't work out well for me, I'm just not good at sells or finding people who are interested. If you're really serious about it and have the stamina to put a lot of effort into it, this company is great. Your income depends on how much people buy and whether or not they keep buying. Most are like me and just can't afford it right now or else I would still be buying their products. They have the only vitamens I actually lost weight using.

14. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

jackie8w: Whoever explained Melaleuca to you did not do it correctly. It is simply a shopping decision- do you want safe non-toxic products in your home.

i agree jackie,

ive been hearing alot about Melaleuca, I read up on it abit
    but i still havent made a move on it. Im getting caught up with
    a bunch of other stuff.

jackie8w: You should NEVER receive products you havent asked for.

yeah, this is a big issue for me.
    this one product i was pushing kept sending me stuff.
    I knew about it before hand, but that didnt help. [​IMG]

15. livinghealthy

livinghealthy New Member

I have been shopping with Melaleuca for over 4 years now and love the products and having them delivered to my door is a great convenience.

16. livinghealthy

livinghealthy New Member

As far as getting products which you did not order, this does not happen with Melaleuca. When you become a Preferred Customer, you receive 30-40% off the regular retail price along with other benefits. You agree to purchase products each month from the company. You can select your own products or have a "back up order" in place for an auto shipment. This is all stated in your original paper work. There is a place you have to initial stating that you understand this. If you are receiving "back up orders" and do not understand why, call the person who helped you with your paperwork and have them explain it to you. Remember, you can cancel your preferred customer membership at any time. Just do it in writing before the 25th of the month. This allows time for the paperwork to be processed and will stop any orders from being shipped to you.

17. thisiscrazy

thisiscrazy New Member

Ummm... if you let someone make you buy something that you don't want to buy, then that is not AMWAYs problem. Those items are optional and not sold by AMWAY or any subsidiaries.

I don't care if you are badmouthing Metaleuca or AMWAY, if you haven't done what they've said it takes to be successfull, then you have nothing to complain about.

Usually I find the people that complain the loudest fall under one of the following:

1. Have never had any sales experience/job (otherwise you would find their practices pretty standard)

2. You expect something for nothing,

3. MOST OFTEN, you are marketing something that competes with them... those of you reading this blog for information, I caution you about this... MOST OF THE CRITICS ON LINE WILL EVENTUALLY TRY TO SELL YOU THEIR OWN GIG! The rest fall in one of the other two categories above.

Sorry to blow you're cover...

18. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

thisiscrazy: 3. MOST OFTEN, you are marketing something that competes with them... those of you reading this blog for information, I caution you about this... MOST OF THE CRITICS ON LINE WILL EVENTUALLY TRY TO SELL YOU THEIR OWN GIG! The rest fall in one of the other two categories above.
    Mellaluca has quite a bit to be criticized about as does Amway.

NEITHER ONE is above criticism, regardless of anyone's hidden agenda.

19. jonandpaige

jonandpaige New Member

Wow. There is A LOT of stuff here. Everyone has different opinions. Here's mine. I am a Marketing Exec with Melaleuca. This is my 3rd time with the company. The first time I enrolled, I didn't mesh well with my enroller, his methods were far too pushy and because I was inexperienced and he lacked the ability to train me, I wasn't successful. Sooooo...when I decided to try home based business again, I went right back to Melaleuca because I did really like the company, just not the training I received. My second enroller did a much better job of training me. I learned so much from him that I had so much more success. I only quit because of a divorce. My ex husband maintained our business. Once life settled back down for me, I re - enrolled with Melaleuca under a different team. I intentionally sought out a team that offered what I needed to succeed. I never had any problem cancelling. I faxed in my cancellation, than called to make sure it was received.

ANY business, home based or otherwise, will have pros and cons. People will love it, people will hate it, people will be successful, and people will fail. It's all about what the individual is looking for, willing to do, and with home business it's often about who trains you.

I personally love the products. If you're not a Melaleuca customer, no one forces you to buy your products at store X, but you do. So Melaleuca is not forcing you to do anything you don't already do. They just want you to buy from them. If you opened a grocery store, would you buy your groceries from yourself or your competitor?

Melaleuca, like any home based business, is not for everyone. Not everyone wants to work from home. But for those whose lives have been blessed by the company it's a blessing. For others, who've had a bad experience, it was just that. I personally have had no problems with the company, the products, or the business.

20. acider

acider New Member

Most of the products are very good and quality stuff!
    The best product for me was the tough and tender............
    it bloody well got rid of my dog's urine smell that had linger on my apartment floor that had spilled out from the newspaper.