What do you think are the biggest reasons why many fail to earn online

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Moira Wight, Dec 23, 2011.

1. FreeCashMan Active Member

mreese601: It's so easy to get side track
    That just reminded me of a saying I heard today, Don't let the distractions distract you.

There will be challenges, and obstacles to overcome. The road to success is paved with those that want to you to make a pit stop and never get back on track.

Stay focus, learn and consistently enhance your marketing and its effectiveness and let success come to you because you'll be on the right path.
  2. xandvd New Member

well the best tool to make some good money is to know exactly what to do and where to go
  3. lymand New Member

All good advice and I would add lack of training. When I first started out, I wish someone would have taken me under their wing and guided me somewhat. I think anyone who wants to start making money online is well served by finding a mentor or coaching group.
  4. Martin Butler New Member

All of the above are true and everybody's biggest barrier is themselves. We are all conditioned to conform from an early age and by the time we are old enough to make life decisions, we are normally caught in the trap of Mortgage, Overdraft, Debt, Credit Cards, Kids, Relationships, to name but a few.

Basically, your freedom and inspiration has been drummed out of you in exchange for a wage and the security that this is supposed to give us.

It's only a select few who have the will to succeed tend to come throough where so many others who fail hense my final ingriedient is Desire.
  5. uspellman New Member

There are many reasons why many fail to earn online. One is the fact that many newbies have the wrong expectations set for them because most home business ads online come packed with a TON OF HYPE!

There are many powerful success stories out there that lack the behind the scenes story revealing what it actually took to achieve the success. This lack of disclosure always leads to the feeling of being Ripped Off or Scammed.

Those who are most successful have these two elements working in their favor:

1. They have an unwavering work ethic, desire, and commitment to achieving their goal(s).
    2.They have a great mentor who has their best interest in mind in terms of achieving their goal(s).
    3. They become accustomed to failing on a regular basis, learn from the failure and keep moving toward their ultimate goal.

This well known quote gave me an aha moment.
    Thought that I'd share in this forum.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career, I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over in my life. And that's why I succeed!" - Michael Jordan

To the Top,

Ulysses
  6. PeterFrosen New Member

some awesome insight on here. I came in trying to give me two cents and it turns out I learned quite a bit myself lol
  7. amandahayford New Member

I've failed in the past because I didn't consistently put time into it. Also, I got discouraged when I didn't see results I thought I would. It's amazing what having the right sponsor/mentor can do for you. Whether it is helping you with a plan, teaching you the ropes, or keeping you focused.
  8. homebusinessman New Member

I think the reason people fail with their online marketing efforts is their inherent lack of belief that it actually works. It is kind of like playing the game of Monopoly. That game was invented back in the great depression when so many people couldn't find work. It made them feel like they were many a lot of money buying and selling properties. Now you have people promoting pie in the sky objects that get downloaded right away. Guess what happens? You look them over; read them, maybe even try something. Not much happens, but you feel good because it made you feel like you were playing and possibly winning at the game. Then another fun project pops your way. It all just makes you feel good and nothing really substantial happens.

Best wishes,

Jim Young
  9. aaronempowered New Member

Information overload. Worse yet, after sifting through so much BS, we tend to lose our common sense, so when the real opportunities arise we doubt them.

It all comes down to staying focused, finding the systems and people that can PROVE that method works, and then having the discipline to stick with 1 method until you make money. No bouncing around like a kid in a candy store.
  10. videoteam New Member

Many people fail in on-line businesses because they will not give anything more that 30 days. That is especially true in mlm or network marketing. They hope around like rabbits going from one program to the next.
  11. WahIdeas New Member

Everyone above is absolutely correct. Many lack the ability to stick with a project and see it through, expecting instant results. I must admit, there is so much scum advertising out there advertising such programs that it's extremely difficult to see through all of the nonsense.

I go by the "Three P's" to ensure success:

1. Passion
    2. Persistence
    3. Patience

If you possess and abide by the above three principles then your chances of success go up in a big way. Good luck!
  12. KB24 Member

Why people fail to make money online just some reasons:

don't have a plan
    jump from one thing to the next
    dealing with information overload
    don't have belief that they can do this
    they have many excuses ie: I don't have the money, Im not good at copywriting, Im not good at SEO, I cant do KW reasearch it takes to long.. I can't I can't I can't... the list goes on and on.. they buy product after product hoping to find that magical solution to becomming a millionare. ( there is none)..they try the product that they bought just to see if it does work. Once they don't see results they quit buy the next "best" make money online product.. it becomes a never ending cycle.. come up with a plan and stick to it..
  13. Keokuk McDaniel New Member

I feel that amongst other things, the main thing that I have found is that most people just don't know exactly what to do and what to say. The training that most of us get from the company is basic. No one actually tells you exactly what to do or what to say. You have to dig and invest in your own education outside of the company to really learn the skills of marketing.