What do you think of my new Squidoo lens...

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Hey NS and everybody!

What do you think of my new Squidoo lens (in sig)?
  2. BillChechel New Member

Very nice. 5 stars and a favorite for me.
  3. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Vishal,

What a pleasant surprise, you took the Squidoo plunge and created a great lens! I'm glad [IMG]

I checked out the demand for your title and meta keywords by doing some quick research. Excellent choices - all in moderate to high demand. Good intro module and module titles.

Your copy is very helpful and very well-written.

You have a good number of attractive and relevant, well-chosen images throughout. You've taken the time to vary the alignment of the images. You've also added a guestbook where it belongs - at the very bottom - for some good interactivity. The two vids are also good for interactivity and are well-chosen.

Good alt text in your images.

Great job and good idea to have a back link to the forum. It shouldn't be long at all before you get PR.

If you do another lens, I suggest that you create a work-at-home-forum lens. That way the back link will be more relevant and the keywords in the back link will pack a little more PR punch.

Note to BillChechel: You said that you gave Vishal 5 stars and you do seem to have signed his guestbook. You accidentally gave him a 1 star rating. You might go back and change that to 5 stars.

I'll star it after you have done so and I will sign his guestbook and favorite his lens.

Nice job Vishal.

~Newbie Shield~

PS. I pinged your lens for you. Don't be surprised if you show up in the Google index before the end of the week. I hope you don't mind that I did that!
  4. BillChechel New Member

Newbie Shield: Note to BillChechel: You said that you gave Vishal 5 stars and you do seem to have signed his guestbook. You accidentally gave him a 1 star rating

Thanks Newbie! I cant believe I did that. Sorry Vishal, I went and changed it.
  5. Newbie Shield Gold Member

BillChechel: Thanks Newbie! I cant believe I did that. Sorry Vishal, I went and changed it.

You're welcome. I figured that it was an accident and I see that you changed it right away - good catch [IMG]

Okay, I gave it 5 stars and favorited it too. I also joined his fan club and signed his guestbook (I'm the electric guitar icon) at:

http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/VishalRao

Bill, I also did the same for you. You did a nice job on your lens, congrats.

~Newbie Shield~
  6. getagrip Gold Member

It stinks! [IMG] Just kidding LOL! Looks good to me!
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Nice lens Vishal - had to go sign your guestbook. Wish I could write like that... but then I just need to go refresh my lenses and write more of them myself.

Summer is here and I have a house to paint, plus hot springs to visit - lol - so it's a bit harder to sit at the computer so much![IMG]
  8. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

BillChechel: Very nice. 5 stars and a favorite for me.

Thank you so much Bill!

Newbie Shield: What a pleasant surprise, you took the Squidoo plunge and created a great lens! I'm glad

I checked out the demand for your title and meta keywords by doing some quick research. Excellent choices - all in moderate to high demand. Good intro module and module titles.

Your copy is very helpful and very well-written.

You have a good number of attractive and relevant, well-chosen images throughout. You've taken the time to vary the alignment of the images. You've also added a guestbook where it belongs - at the very bottom - for some good interactivity. The two vids are also good for interactivity and are well-chosen.

Yes I finally did after reading through all good things about Squidoo on this forum [IMG] Thanks a lot for your comments.

Newbie Shield: Great job and good idea to have a back link to the forum. It shouldn't be long at all before you get PR.

Actually that wasn't my intention and I really don't want a link from an unrelated topic to this forum, even tough it wouldn't have hurt. But I have edited my bio so that the link to this forum doesn't show up. I may monetize the lens through other means, but that is for the future. At present, I just want to concentrate on building it's ranking.

getagrip: It stinks! Just kidding LOL! Looks good to me!

Thanks Keith!

mountainmom5: Nice lens Vishal - had to go sign your guestbook. Wish I could write like that... but then I just need to go refresh my lenses and write more of them myself.

Thanks Viola! I really don't have any writing talent. It's just that I have lot of passion for the subject and I made sure I don't finish the lens in a jiffy and it would be my only lens [IMG]

Thanks again to every one for the much needed boost. [IMG]
  9. tbadly New Member

The content is plentiful and well-written. I would imagine that your lens should do very well. 5 stars from me.
  10. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

tbadly: The content is plentiful and well-written. I would imagine that your lens should do very well. 5 stars from me.

Thank you Trevor!!
  11. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Vishal,

I submitted your lens to Stumble Upon, Digg, and Del.icio.us.

~Newbie Shield~
  12. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Newbie Shield: Hi Vishal,

I submitted your lens to Stumble Upon, Digg, and Del.icio.us.

~Newbie Shield~

Thank you so much NS [IMG]
  13. Newbie Shield Gold Member

14. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Mmm... can't find it on my results. Thanks for looking [IMG]
  15. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Vishal,

It was there yesterday - on the 26th. It's been moved. That happens with indexing. It still shows up with the site command - site:http://www.squidoo.com/stress-management-tips

here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.squidoo.com%2Fstress-man agement-tips&btnG=Google+Search

but I can no longer locate it manually.

This is common. I had trouble with one of my lenses. I had to spend some time tweaking the lens and finally had to contact Google via both phone and email to get the thing back into the top of the SERPs.

It can be disappointing when this happens with a lens but it's common.

I can help you tweak your lens via PM if you like. When that is done, I'll send the robots for you. We'll wait up to two weeks. If necessary, I'll help you in contacting Google.

I can see what you are aiming at with your keyword phrases, but PM me with your three most important tags in order of importance and we'll take it from there.

Although you did well in choosing in demand phrases, the downside is that they are a bit on the competitive side. That's okay, we'll tweak around with it anyhow and see if we can't make 1-3 of your phrases work out.

~Newbie Shield~