What do you think will happen?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by giftmaster, Nov 14, 2008.

1. giftmaster

giftmaster New Member

Looks like this financial crisis is going to hit people hard, to where they will be forced to work at home.

I've seen plenty of clerical, survey, csr, assembly jobs out there.

What types of (work at home) jobs do you think will make it through the recession?
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You have to find niche markets that are NEED based rather than WANT based. A mountain bike, for example, is a luxury item and is more of a WANT than a need. If people don't have the money, they probably won't invest in one. A fuel efficient car, on the other hand, is practically a need with high gas prices. That's why cars like Toyota Prius are flying off of the shelves, because people see it as a way to save money.
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Marketing related jobs will always be in demand, luxury items, travel will take a hit.
  4. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

Affiliate marketing and network marketing will attract more home business entrepreneurs as they both pay out instant and residual income.
  5. jaynen

jaynen New Member

I agree with getagrip, need based industries are going to be just fine; lifestyle industries are going to take the biggest hit. Telecom, consumer goods, and certain types of insurance are all examples of those that will see minimal change.
  6. robertgallagher

robertgallagher New Member

i think primary business will not affect a much. but some high status business will suffer lot more. like hotels, club, high life style business etc.
  7. whocares

whocares New Member

maybe more people will stay at home and shop more online [​IMG]
  8. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

i've heard that online sales are up 20% ! so good news for all us work at homers !
  9. jaynen

jaynen New Member

This is exactly what I was talking about:

Growth Industry

Even amidst so much economic uncertainty, the fact remains that telecommunications is a key input factor in economic growth. Telecommunications is a facilitator of socio-economic advancement and is a critical utility for economic development, much like water and energy.

... I love being a leader in ACN.