What do YOU want to see from a hosting MLM?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by DanielB, Jul 17, 2009.

1. DanielB

DanielB New Member

Hey,

I was just thinking about what you guys define as a GOOD MLM? Is it the payment plan.. or support etc. ?

I personally believe presentation is quite important, and unfortunately.. many MLM companies have poor website layouts.

What do you guys and gals think?

2. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

Good MLM...

1. The product is something people actually want and has measurable results/impact with out waiting a month or three.
    2. The comp plan has a reasonable break even point for the small guy and large rewards for the people who build big organizations.
    3. Marketing support... sales training, websites, customer service, products ship on time.

A company has to have all three. A good product & bad comp plan is a no go. A bad product and amazing comp plan is a no go. At the end of the day it is my reputation on the line and with out the total package I can't put my name on it.

I do agree that there are a lot of bad company websites that don't help sell the product or business opportunity. Every MLM company should have a team of internet marketers on the corporate payroll to manage the company websites.

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I'd say a good MLM is one that is free to join, where your success doesn't depend on how many people you bring into the company to pay sign up fees...

4. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

getagrip: I'd say a good MLM is one that is free to join, where your success doesn't depend on how many people you bring into the company to pay sign up fees...
    I have to disagree with free. People value what they pay for. Things that are free have no value and there is no commitment level to build the business.

I will grant that the distributer kit needs to be a good value and not an expected revenue center for the business or the distributers. In my primary opportunity the distributer kit is $39.95 and actually includes things that will help build a business from day 1. As a reps I don't get paid for selling distributer kits. We only get paid when product is sold.

The worst distributer kit I have seen hands down is ACN. A friend bought me in last year and I was appalled at what they sent you for $499. No training materials, no marketing materials, the entire thing was order forms for their other support services. $500 didn't even get a replicated website or internet back office to track & place orders. If it had been my money I would have been royally pissed off. Since it wasn't my money all it did was confirm what I already thought about the company.

5. MaxGxlCorp

MaxGxlCorp New Member

1. Product (Truly unique)
    2. Founders (Very important if you want to succeed over 5-8 years)
    3. Comp Plan
    4. Company support

This is just my opinion and is what I seek out when choosing a network marketing company.