What Happened To My Family This Weekend

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by VictoriaNTC, Apr 13, 2010.

1. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

On Sunday, my 10 year old son asked if I would take him to the market for an adhesive mouse trap.
    He had planned to set a squirrel trap in the back yard!

I secretly asked God, Source, Spirit for help getting through to this child.

Repeatedly, we have explained these squirrels have their young hidden high in the trees, and they depend on the parents for survival. Life is sacred we tell him.

(No worries, my son has been chasing yard critters for years to no avail).

Less than 2 hours later, I noticed baby squirrels running around in the back yard! Never before had I had this experience, as only the mature squirrels are out and about.

Walking across the grass, one baby ran over my boot!

Originally, my impression was this little one was not paying attention where he was going.

They started following me in circles around the yard, as I was giggling while they were apparently trying to catch me!
    One tried to follow me into the house. Another began to climb the window screen to follow me inside. Going back outside, and they began to climb up my legs!

It was then we realized they were asking for help. They were very hungry, and could not climb back into the nest.

The darlings are sleeping in my bedroom, after a warm bottle feeding. The babies stand in their back legs and wrap their little claws around the bottle. They are so sweet and sleep through the night. They never complain.

We will not domesticate them, only feed and keep them warm until they are old enough to return to the wilderness.

My son says he will never "hunt squirrels" again.

Thank you for reading!
    Victoria

2. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

I want to see pictures =].

3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

VictoriaNTC: The darlings are sleeping in my bedroom, after a warm bottle feeding. The babies stand in their back legs and wrap their little claws around the bottle. They are so sweet and sleep through the night. They never complain.
    Wow! That's really amazing. Even I would like to see a pic if possible.

VictoriaNTC: My son says he will never "hunt squirrels" again.
    Love heals all [​IMG]

4. daymo

daymo New Member

Oh for sure! You definitely need to get a picture of that for us.

good on ya

5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

VictoriaNTC: I secretly asked God, Source, Spirit for help getting through to this child
    Isn't it interesting how Divine Intelligence uses surprising and unexpected ways to guide us to a satisfactory solution, or to be instrumental in lending a helping hand where needed!

You "killled" two birds with one stone, or as we like to say in marketing, it was a win/win situation. There's your proof that "Ask and it shall be given" works.

That's the kind of experience that often goes unnoticed by those who have eyes but cannot see. [​IMG]

Hermas

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I would love to see some pics too and I must say that this is a very cool story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us here.

You made my day.

Tal

7. VictoriaNTC

Thank you everyone for your kind replies.
    I will post pictures

(was uncertain if this was allowed .
    The babies are thriving and strong again.
    What a blessing and learning experience.
    Victoria

8. VictoriaNTC

As Promised... Enjoy!
    Victoria

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

They have to be the cutest critters ever.

I want one!

Lol not really but they are cool!

Matt

10. Vishal P. Rao

Cool [​IMG] I never ever imagined squirrels could get so close to humans. We have quite a few here but they just seem to run away at the mere sight of us.

11. VictoriaNTC

Me either!
    They demanded I was mother squirrel!
    One kissed my nose.

I felt the presence of their mother and she was happy her babies were cared for.
    My son reports seeing a spirit squirrel near the cat carrier they sleep in when we took it outside yesterday.

This was not surprising, just a wonderful feeling.

Have a wonderful day!
    Victoria

12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Completely remarkable! Thanks for sharing the photos. Love them. [​IMG]

13. nanlar

nanlar New Member

How cool is that! Thanks for the experience.

14. VictoriaNTC

It will be a little sad to see them go.
    The baby, he squeaks and is so adorable.
    He seems to have a little hip or leg deformity.

We will have to see how it goes. I think he can get along in the wild of the back yard. If not, I will just adopt him![​IMG]
    Victoria

15. VictoriaNTC

Boo Hoo....

My baby squirrels grew up fast!

They have tripled weight in just two weeks.
    We had planned to start weaning them from human care, when the weather became cold, wet and windy.
    They stayed in the cage under a blanket, and began to lose interest in formula.

I let them out in the bedroom where they had great fun.

Yesterday 4 27 10 I took the cage outside, and urged them to come out for nuts.
    The two larger squirrels traveled a few feet, and turned back to ask approval?
    I said" go ahead, it is okay". We will miss you."

They turned around and took off toward the forest area of the yard and across the city wires!
    They grew up over night!

The little one stayed an extra night, and he also seemed to ask for approval, before taking off.
    There are 3 large trees here, and a new squirrel is each one!

My son, the former squirrel hunter was teary eyed to see them go.
    We think we have done a good job.

Thank you for reading!

Victoria

16. Vishal P. Rao

Very touching. There's a great lesson to be learnt here - You can love someone but you don't possess them. When you can learn to love this way, life becomes wonderful. We always seem to love someone in the hope of getting something back and hence get disappointed most of the time when we don't get back something in return.

17. treevee

treevee Member

Oh My Goodness! Cute as buttons! I just want to pick them up and squinch their little fuzzy bodies to my face!

Years ago, there was a bar that had a deck in the back wrapped around a huge tree. An old squirrel with a injured tail lived in that tree and we would go out with peanuts, put them in our mouths clenched in our teeth and lean up against the tree. It would come down and ever so gently, take it from our teeth and run up the tree to eat it. It was fascinating. Gotta love god's creatures!

18. VictoriaNTC

It was hard to let go.

Truthfully, I wanted to let them sleep with me, like wee kittens do.

We did not, knowing they belong in our hearts, not as pets.

When these little darlings run across the telephone wires, I hold my breath! They already knew how to jump, run across wires, and they seem to be fearless.

They did go back to the hole in the tree where they must have been born.

Once in a while the little one who squeaks peeks out at me.

It is amazing how gently they are. And, I know they have deep feelings, because of the way they look into your soul when they were taking formula from the droppers.

What a gift this has been.

[​IMG]
    Victoria

19. norppa1

norppa1 New Member

What an experience! This story made my night much better! Those squirrels are so cute.

It's always hard to let go, but they are now place where they belong.

20. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Vishal P. Rao: We always seem to love someone in the hope of getting something back and hence get disappointed most of the time when we don't get back something in return.
    So true, Vishal! Spoken like the wise man you are.

It's only when we learn how to love unconditionally, without making demands or imposing restrictions, that we truly open ourselves to receive abundant blessings.

Hermas