What has been your best online busines education?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by greenion, Feb 18, 2010.

1. greenion

greenion New Member

This is in terms of being able to practice what you have learned, right off the bat. Were there any exercises that you did to commit to memory what you were doing?

This is another aspect of online business that newbies fail to realize. Making money online is like going to college for a Bachelor's in learning how turn a profit with they whatever it is that they are promoting.

And as far as I am concerned, it is no different for me as well. There are skills I know I need to master in certain areas of my internet marketing efforts. The challenge is doing this freelance without an instructor to guide me.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

My best online business education would be the realization that to have a chance at success, you need a good plan along with a solid system to implement that plan.

3. shaun

shaun New Member

greenion: The challenge is doing this freelance without an instructor to guide me.
    Yes Indeed there is a lot to learn.

Now the biggest lessons I have learnt have all been from a community of internet marketers who get together via calls/webinars and share ideas & experiences.
    This sort of thing is great when beginning because you are mentored by so many people who have experience and this really speeds up the whole process.

Going "freelance" without any instruction seems a little dangerous to me as more and more people are starting home based business's. In fact there is a global shift taking place towards online home based business and many many people are joining systems and marketing/education platforms (to avoid paying the "stupid tax") to get their business's up and running quickly. I would nt want to be a newbie up aginst this sort of thing.

Very important lesson - join a group of marketers & avoid paying the "STUPID TAX" . That is the biggest lesson Ive learnt
  4. weblearner

weblearner New Member

5. shaun

shaun New Member

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I think that the biggest lesson I learned online is really a lesson that has helped me in my own personal life and the lesson is this:

Never ever give up on your goals. Try new approaches if one does not work.

That is the biggest lesson I have learned and will pass this to my team.

7. bburt252

bburt252 New Member

At first the programs commission junction and blogging to the bank helped me out a lot. After that it was just an attitude change : I BECAME RELENTLESS TOWARDS MY GOAL.
  8. residualcash

residualcash New Member

No sure we could say it's like completing a college degree. It's just about committing to the task. Learn more and do more to promote your website to quality traffic.
  9. 1life1fire

1life1fire New Member

One of the best google adwords training I've received is by a guy named Perry Marshall.

Brilliant google adwords training. Free 5-day email quick training sessions and email updates if you can't buy his training packages. Well worth reading!!
  10. tandre

tandre New Member

I like the My Online Income System. It has a sixty day action plan and an excellent online forum. Your questions really get answered there and it is an excellent bachelors degree in internet marketing
  11. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

Best free online business education for me was the www.ThirtyDayChallenge.com.

Best paid online business education was ProfitLance.com.

Study, study, study. The more you learn, the more you'll earn.
  12. 1life1fire

1life1fire New Member

When I started online in 2002 ... I started trying all the scams of MLM's and such... I joined a ton of them... nothing ever worked...

But then I thought about it... "What is it that I need to get new traffic to my MLM?"

Then... It hit me ... and I created a niche to sell what every mlm'er needs ... and have been making money online ever since.

So whatever niche you are in ... think about it ... "What is it that you NEED to make your business grow?" ...

Then... start selling THAT service to the same people who are in your niche category!

Of course... gotta make it a quality service to.

Hope this helps ya brainstorm greenion!
  13. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

For me, it was this forum and the 30 Day Challenge. In fact, this forum led me to the 30 Day Challenge (and other interesting programs that I learned heaps from), so this may be my number one. That's also due to the fact that it takes ages to sort through the "junk" if you're not talking about things and bouncing ideas off of people, hearing opinions, asking questions, etc.
  14. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

My favorites randomly are:

Thirty Day Challenge
    Wealthy Affiliate

Success books and videos.

I am at a crossroads and am getting into fund raising for non profit organizations Through the PowerBar Club/Invite5 which have brilliant free training as well.

When I came to the realization that although I enjoyed reading IM books, I needed to implement what was learned, and through trial and error accomplish something every week day.

15. GBGSuccessGroup

GBGSuccessGroup New Member

Mine has been to keep it simple... get an autoresponder, List builder, and a fresh supply of weekly leads...thats all you need to get things cooking
  16. gowriter

gowriter Member

Well, I learned through a lot of trial and error and tried many, many programs. With the program I'm in now, I've started to see consistency and have made some money for once.

I now see the big picture and how the techniques I've learned fit into the big picture. Before I was buying ebook after ebook, not realizing they specialized in one technique. I never had a foundation of skills. Now, I do.

So I totally understand how an internet marketing newbie gets confused and ovewhelmed. You really do need a good teacher to show you the big picture by breaking it down into sizable chunks and then doing the steps with you.

If you're teacher is willing to go out on a limb, like literally start from scratch to show you that it can be done, then you've got a good teacher who's confident in what he does and also makes money with what he does.
  17. happywife

happywife Gold Member

The best online business education I got that enabled me to practice what I learned as I was learning "right off the bat" was/is SiteBuildIt.

I'd only been searching online for a couple of months and everything was still "Greek" to me. My mind was a whirl of confusion and I was feeling overwhelmed, to put it mildly. I was beginning to wonder if there WAS anything that was both legitimate and easy enough for me to understand and follow.

Then one day I came across a free affiliate marketing course ebook that untangled the ball of yarn for me and made the light bulbs go on. (Too many cliches?) [​IMG]

Seriously, though, SBI was a breath of fresh air for me. I signed right up and haven't looked back. Their step-by-step site building package was exactly what I needed to get a genuine online business education.

When I went into SBI, I figured if I got nothing else besides a decent education, it would have been money well spent. However, I ended up with an education and an extra growing income. Can't beat that!

18. ImportEyedea

ImportEyedea New Member

Mike Dillard is brilliant and his stuff is invaluable.

I mean when you follow his advice to the letter you get the results your looking for.

Start with Magnetic Sponsoring. Least expensive and a great place to begin.

Best of luck!
  19. Reading and taking part in this and other Internet Marketing forums like the Warriors Forum.

I have personally learned more from forums like these than any product I have purchased.

Also, joining the email lists of some of the great internet marketing teachers like Frank Kern and others.
  20. nanlar

nanlar New Member

Needless to say there is no substitute for real life experiences to actually help you learn and gain useful knowledge... That is why all forums have become invaluable to me in my online businesses.