What is an Effective Budget for PPC?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by rogerb, Jul 5, 2010.

1. rogerb

rogerb New Member

I have reads on the Web that a PPC expenditure is ONLY EFFECTIVE (having a net profit return) if a site has 50 or more pages, a daily traffic count of 100 or more and a PPC budgert of a minimum of $500.

Realistically is there anything to this?

My site has about 75 pages, (84-pages to go) and nearly 600 uniques/day. I have not participated in PPC because I don't want to get in over my head/budget.

I receive many positive comments about my site content from my visitors and my traffic is growing at about 4% per week, as it now stands.

Is PPC the most effective way to grow my site?

If you have good/bad experiences w/PPC, I welcome your guidance.

Thanks!

rogerb

[Link removed - Admin]

2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

This really will depend on what you are marketing and what your commissions are. There are plenty of sources for ppc training & how to knowledge, a lot of good free info out there as well so you don't have to start dropping a lot of money to learn this. You may want to spend money on certain tools.

As to all the pages etc for success. I suppose it could be applicable for certain products/service, but hey right now I'm marketing a product that pays me for opt ins and I pay less than .10 a click and making 40-50% on what I spend daily.

Of course I haven't always had this success with each thing I've marketed but the point is it's out there. And I'm simply directing people to the company website (my affiliate link) via a domain name redirect.

It's awesome.

3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

rogerb: I have reads on the Web that a PPC expenditure is ONLY EFFECTIVE (having a net profit return) if a site has 50 or more pages, a daily traffic count of 100 or more and a PPC budgert of a minimum of $500.

Realistically is there anything to this?
    I believe there is nothing to it. How can you generalize something like that? It's really stupid. Success in PPC depends upon how cheaply you can get targeted visitors and how well you can convert them into buyers. It doesn't matter whether you have 10 page or 100 pages.

However, there'll be lost of testing involved initially to find out the keywords that convert well and your landing page factors. To sum it up, if you are on tight budget, you can quickly get discouraged by PPC. If you are seeing results with organic results, I suggest you don't take off your focus from that.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Vishal P. Rao: I believe there is nothing to it. How can you generalize something like that? It's really stupid. Success in PPC depends upon how cheaply you can get targeted visitors and how well you can convert them into buyers. It doesn't matter whether you have 10 page or 100 pages.

However, there'll be lost of testing involved initially to find out the keywords that convert well and your landing page factors. To sum it up, if you are on tight budget, you can quickly get discouraged by PPC. If you are seeing results with organic results, I suggest you don't take off your focus from that.
    Very well said. I agree.[​IMG]

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Vishal P. Rao: How can you generalize something like that? It's really stupid. Success in PPC depends upon how cheaply you can get targeted visitors and how well you can convert them into buyers. It doesn't matter whether you have 10 page or 100 pages.

I totally agree. If you can get as many visitors to your websites (Targeted visitors who are looking for a solution) then you have a very good chance to make money off them.

You only need 1 page that has an opt in form and get as many of these visitors to opt in. The more you get the better.

Tal

6. deborahyoung

deborahyoung New Member

These guys are right on track, rogerb. It's the quality of your visitors that counts most - not the number of pages on your site.

I absolutely recommend that you get some PPC training before you dip your toe in those waters - particularly before jumping in with Google. Pay per click is a valuable tool - but you MUST know what you're doing to be effective.

Don't forget that there are also many free or low-cost ways to market online. So, if you're on a tight budget look into things like article marketing, press releases, social media ... the list is endless.

Are you using keyword research to target the content on your site? A couple of useful and free tools that I use are:
    http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
    http://www.webconfs.com/keyword-density-checker.php

Good Luck!

7. wrkathomeunited

wrkathomeunited New Member

deborahyoung

These guys are right on track, rogerb. It's the quality of your visitors that counts most - not the number of pages on your site.

I absolutely recommend that you get some PPC training before you dip your toe in those waters - particularly before jumping in with Google. Pay per click is a valuable tool - but you MUST know what you're doing to be effective.

Don't forget that there are also many free or low-cost ways to market online. So, if you're on a tight budget look into things like article marketing, press releases, social media ... the list is endless.

this is deffinatly the way to go about it if your not sure abbout ppc. i use all of these methods and more and i have great success with them.

8. fdo528

fdo528 New Member

rogerb: have reads on the Web that a PPC expenditure is ONLY EFFECTIVE (having a net profit return) if a site has 50 or more pages, a daily traffic count of 100 or more and a PPC budgert of a minimum of $500.
    PPC is a good way to get traffic instantly and fast. However, if you do not know what your doing, you will end up losing your shirt. However, with the proper training, PPC can be profitable. Perry Marshall is a google PPC expert and you can learn lots of techniques from him. If you want fast traffic, use PPC, but if you want free traffic, go with SEO.