WHAT Is The BEST NO COST FREE RECESSION PROOF HOME BUSINESSES

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by FREEBUSINESSES, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Recession Proof Businesses are far and few between in a severe economic collapse like we are seeing in U.S. and other countries, so what is the best no cost free recession proof business you have identified to date?

I research them all, and I must say, as one who has always focused on a business which would not be impacted by market conditions, I am finding it more and more difficult to find a no to low cost business.

I was hit in my traditional business in last recession, and given the lesson learned, not to have all your eggs in one basket, I started to build a portfolio of the best recession proof businesses and want to add to my portfolio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

When I refer to no cost free or low cost, I am setting the bar at no more than $100. to start, so please list what you feel is the best recession proof business to see what we come up with. I am sure more than a few are looking for suggestions, so fire away.

Thanks,
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I'm not sure any business is completely "recession proof" seeing how we are all interconnected somehow someway, especially if you get bank system failure on a national level.

That being said there are gains to be made during down times as well as up times, unfortunately the mindset and/or condition of most is that up times are the only times for prosperity. Just like the stock market, many got crushed during the market crash, but there is money, a lot of it, that can be made when the market is going down. As I heard one person say. You don't have to buy stocks but you do have to sell to make money.

So now with home business there are opportunities for around $100 (plus or minus a few dollars) that will thrive in any time frame but particularly in down times when people are not spending money in mass on thousand dollar plus opportunities, but again understanding the marketing game plan for success is what is going to allow you to succeed in your home business not so much the cost and economic situation. Naturally, some business opportunity cost are more suitable at time than others, but $100 or less cost points will probably consistently stand up better.

Last note these economic times only show the importance of dedicating and committing oneself to establishing monthly residual income with your business or with one of your business opportunities.

Success to all.
  3. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

I believe Network Marketing is one of the best ways to become financially free, that is what's so appealing. For a very low investment you can grow a business and grow personally.

To your freedom and success,

Joel
  4. FreeCashMan: I'm not sure any business is completely "recession proof" seeing how we are all interconnected somehow someway, especially if you get bank system failure on a national level.
    Interesting,

I thought the same thing before I started researching every recession proof business I could find, and amazingly, one was always at the top of the list, and guess what it was?

funeral industry
  5. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Also it's been documented that booze sales increase. And as restaurant profits decline Pizza joints sales increase. So there you have it. A home based funeral parlor serving pizza and beer lol.

Personally though I find during times of recession your normal income streams always take a hit. It's times like these where I scour the net looking for something new that has an existing market. And believe me there are always things out there. It's just a matter of finding them and being able to see the big picture. When times are good you often overlook these very opportunities probably through complacency. At least I know I do at times.

I'm new here and even though I read the terms I'm a little unsure of what a person can or can't say in here as all forums I have ever been on vary. And it's best to caution on the side of discretion. Or I would go into more detail by giving an example. At the same time people need to focus on things they are familiar with. You'll get your best results selling/promoting things you can relate to and believe in yourself. The positive energy from that often is picked up through your speech and even writing. I profit a lot from what I like and use and my dog couldn't survive off of the other stuff I get into.
  6. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

lol, funeral industry. Yea, that and the medical industry, certain parts.
    MarieA73 likes this.
  7. MakingMoney

MakingMoney New Member

How about a free training company? with ten generic trainings a week. No obligation to pay a dime... I like it and it is helping me promote my business.

My goal is to help 250+ people make $100K or more in 2010.

Check out Mentoring for Free, it's in my signature and it really is free.
  8. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

FREEBUSINESSES: I am finding it more and more difficult to find a no to low cost business.
    In my experience the less money required to get started the less interested people are in doing anything to make it work. I joined one a year ago and had 500 people who paid $0 to get into my downline and made $17. No money in = no money out.

Most product MLM's you can become a distributor for well under $100. Usually in the $40. The cost always comes down to having product.
  9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

PolarBear: Also it's been documented that booze sales increase. And as restaurant profits decline Pizza joints sales increase. So there you have it. A home based funeral parlor serving pizza and beer lol.
    Haha! I like that...hmmm...[​IMG]
  10. BobFirestone: In my experience the less money required to get started the less interested people are in doing anything to make it work. I joined one a year ago and had 500 people who paid $0 to get into my downline and made $17. No money in = no money out.

Most product MLM's you can become a distributor for well under $100. Usually in the $40. The cost always comes down to having product.
    Agreed,

What we are seeing is a trend developing, and some company owners are seeing the light, and this is the future of MLM as I see it. I have researched them all, and the bottom line is almost all of the MLM companies out there cost too much to join, never mind the autoship commitments, so free distributorship is sometimes ignored unless you really study each business thoroughly.

When a company offers verifiable value combined with being free to join, then you have a viral marketing program whereby you don't have to hard sell overpriced juices, vitamins and nutritional products. How many people like to sell? Yet they expect to make money by being induced by the spillover fairy most programs over hype incomes, and this is why attrition kills more hopes and dreams than anything else.

In a recession, it is all about saving money on what people are already purchasing elsewhere for more, so this is what a program has to focus on if they are ever to succeed long term. Hyping incomes may work to get people to get positioned, but when it comes time to pay, most won't unless they see real verifiable value in what they are purchasing. If you wouldn't purchase whatever you are selling without the income opportunity, then no one else will either, it is that simple.

Quality products for less rules, and having researched this industry for years, I don't know anyone who would not be interested in the hottest juice for a fraction of any MLM price. We all know health industry is hot with aging population and the anti aging craze is well under way, but so is the recession, hence, the reason the term nutrition attrition comes to mind. Most people when faced with money issues will cut out purchasing these high priced nutritional products, and if presented a better price and value without sacrificing quality, now you have the secret to long term success in the network marketing industry.

Simply put, any MLM product you can name, from juices to vitamins can be duplicated for less without sacrificing quality, and this is the future of MLM as I see it. I have never seen better prices, and having personally saved over a hundred dollars a month on the products I was using proved to me this is the new era in MLM, value, truly saving money with simple to understand transfer buying concept. No selling, no recruiting, no convincing, just sharing a great deal is all we have to do, don't sell it, tell it, and anyone can easily do this removing the attrition which kills all MLM's over time.

Happy Holidays to all,
  11. Interesting,

Here is one I go way back with, home delivered groceries, staple goods, not meat or vegetables. I liked the concept, but back in the late 80's it was just too soon to market and flopped.

The Grocery Club was started in 1995 with same founder, and it was also a little too early, although I did pretty well with it, but as with all new concepts, it was just a little too early again.

Now same old friend is starting America Harvest, and this time around, the timing is right. lol What does everyone want to do in a recession, save money, first and formost. With home delivered groceries, combined with my Organic Acres fresh organic food delivery, now all I need is an MLM meat program. lol

Seriously, I research every new business opportunity looking for those exclusive offerings which are backed with verifiable value and products or services the masses already consume, and what is better than groceries for a long term home business. Heck, everyone knows someone who goes to the grocery store on a regular basis, so this may just be the perfect timing this time around given the recession is hurting everyone in the pocket.

Looking at the prices, no doubt, there are significant savings to be realized, and combined with free shipping, which was not offered in earlier attempts, this one may just be one of the best 2010 home businesses as I see it.

Simply put, would you order your groceries like canned goods, detergents, paper goods, cereals, etc. if you could save money and have it delivered to your home by UPS, USPS or FedEx. I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the fact that my UPS man would bring my weekly box of groceries into the kitchen, something about that just felt so good at the time, even though I was paying for shipping, the savings offset most of the shipping if you were selectively ordering what you consumed over and over weekly, you know the items, toilet paper, paper towels, dish and laundry detergents, soaps and cleaners, etc.

If you take a little time with your usual consumption products list, you can eliminate hours and hours in your local grocery store, and I don't know anyone who likes going to grocery store killing a couple hours on a weekend for most, especially with more dual income families struggling to survive this economic disaster we are all going through.

OK, so we have the ability to save money, always good place to start when promoting any business. Now we have the convenience factor, I know that most women would rather run in for a few last minute items and meat or vegetables on the way home from work than spend hours dragging the kids to store on Saturdays where the crowds and lines are the worst. So with those to attributes alone, imagine if you could earn enough passive income spreading the word to work from home, not have a job. How many women would prefer that scenario, and what woman doesn't know grocery shopping like the back of her hand? No learning to earning curve here, and that eliminate the biggest problem in MLM, duplication, and it will also stop attrition as long as everyone is at least saving money and time, an even more valuable aspect for many.

Well, American Harvest launches today, so if nothing else, check the prices and see if this doesn't make sense to you as it always has for me. Timing is everything, and this is the perfect time to start saving money, never mind saving time, and earning an extra passive income simply be sharing concept with others. Sure made sense to me. lol

Happy Holidays To All,
  12. twnuck

twnuck New Member

In my experience, anything that revolves around losing weight or looking good is virtually recession proof. These types of businesses flourish despite the economy and many would say they do better in tough times. Why? Because people feel bad about themselves and their financial condition and will often do something "free" (i.e. lose weight) to feel a little better.
  13. Agreed,

Having tried every single product to come out to lose weight, I agree, it is never ending quest for millions of people, especially at this time of year, with new years resolutions. LOL

Well, knowing there has to be something that works, I finally found it, and whereby I usually put on ten pounds from Thanksgiving to Christmas, then have to starve to lose the ten, this year, I not only didn't put on any weight, I actually lost weight for the first time in my life without starving myself.

As I focus only on recession proof businesses, I am glad I added TamPogo-Fundraiser to my portfolio or I would never have found these products. If anyone has struggled with losing weight before, you have to check this new product combination out, one for night time, one for daytime, and one at meal time, simply amazing results, sure got my attention, and no reason for typical lose weight new years resolution for 2010, I already lost the weight. lol

Happy Healthy and Wealthy New Year To All,
  14. gsref9

gsref9 New Member

yes there is a recession proof business, its featured in INC. magazine. Robert G ALLEN stated it, and that company grew 3 billion dollars while in the middle of recession.[​IMG]
  15. Agreed,

He focuses on multiple programs which focus on foreclosures, tax liens and short sales, so I agree, I work the same arena for it takes advantage of the issues brought on by recession. Short-Sale-Cash is one such program in my recession proof portfolio, no down home mortgage funding option is another, and that is my point, don't waste your time on any non recession proof industries such as travel deals, overpriced this and that, you will never see success unless you focus on recession proof businesses for the economic collapse is far from over, and it will force people into an era of frugality, so this is the future for home business entrepreneurs.

Success to all,
  16. lovemyjob

lovemyjob New Member

I can tell you right away. There is a business out there that is recession proof and is actually booming in this time of recession and hardship. There may be others out there, but not that I have found as of yet.

Melaleuca manufacturers everyday consumable products that everyone uses every single day, no matter how tight the budget is AND their products actually save people money on their budget because they are less expensive than the grocery store brands. Last year, in the depths of recession they increased by 32 million dollars and are still 100% debt free!

Their marketing executives are making a killing right now!

Most certainly 100% worth looking into! [​IMG]

[Email addy removed - Admin]
  17. caswope

caswope New Member

Am I the only one who sees an oxymoron here in this post question? I don't believe there are any businesses out there that are free. That would be a job. Right?
  18. caswope: Am I the only one who sees an oxymoron here in this post question? I don't believe there are any businesses out there that are free. That would be a job. Right?

Funny, yes, a job is free, but you pay for it forever. lol Seriously, there are a few which are free to start, but like most, you have to at some point spend some money to prosper, but many are looking for a break, and free is the only way some can get started.

My first month with one of my businesses put over $200.00 in my pocket without even counting commissions, so it was technically a free business since it only cost $69.00 to start, and that is my top pick for the person who eats, wants to save money, and earn money all at the same time.

Success to all,
  19. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The No Cost Free mentality will not get you anywhere. You have to get that free out of your mind because like in any business, you will need to spend money.

The people who are looking for a free ride, will not get anywhere ever. That is just my point of view.

Now, for the best business ever that you can get yourself into. I really believe that network marketing is the place to be at.

Tal
  20. Interesting,

No doubt, everyone is different in their belief in what strategies work best, but the bottom line remains the same, the big dollar start up deals are dying, and for good reason, millions plopped down $500. or more in these money hype deals which never pan out for the average person, so these people would never repeat their mistake.

We all know it takes money to make money, so look at it this way, if the business opportunity cost little to nothing, then couldn't or wouldn't someone have more money to promote their new business? The only reason I mention this is because of an example I experienced with a woman who is now a friend who was very personable, real outgoing, just one of the nicest people you would want to meet, yet dead broke. She was recently divorced and left with nothing, and her once successful career as mortgage broker was long gone due to economy and banking collapse.

Long story short, she could not afford to start her own business, even at the $200. level, so seeing this, I decided to research only free to no cost businesses whereby one could get started with no cost after first month, so when you realize just how many people are in this same exact position, you don't want to ignore this growing market with unemployment on the rise for most areas, I learned you have to have something for everyone, not just those who are still able to afford starting their own businesses.

The point is, it is not so much of looking for a free ride, this is a different issue, it is about having an opportunity without breaking your budget. Free ride seekers are usually do nothing people, but someone who is under financial pressure is different than the free ride set, so I wanted to clarify that not to throw people in financial trouble under the same bus along with those looking for a free ride. I have just as many people in one of my businesses who are in it to save money than those who are in it to make money, pretty amazing in the world of MLM. lol

Success to all, Mike