WHAT Is The BEST NO COST FREE RECESSION PROOF HOME BUSINESSES

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by FREEBUSINESSES, Nov 24, 2009.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

All I can say is the bearing in the ground what you don't have and expecting to get a lot out of it will not get you anywhere.

Usually the people who are desperate for a change and have no money, are the ones that do a whole lot better in this industry.

I am sure that she is a nice person and all that but she needs to know that there is no free ride when it comes to building a successful business, and in this case an network marketing business.

Tal
  2. Exactly,

No free ride, and to more clearly identify this term so not to confuse others, a free ride in MLM land is whereby a person or company promotes the spillover or compensation plan as get a position at top, hurry up, they are going fast, and induce people to plop their money down and expect to get rich quick. That is the wrong was to promote any business, and sadly, this is exactly how most are promoted.

Free ride term means join and sit back and do nothing, and this has nothing to do with the price point to join any program, it is the main reason most people fail in MLM, they are led to believe it is easy and it is not, at any start up price, it is never easy, so free ride as I have seen it used applies to one putting no effort into promoting their new business, but not the cost to start being free, totally different in my opinion, so I just wanted to clarify this.

Success to all,
  3. drbillphd

drbillphd New Member

[​IMG] Great stuff in here. But even funeral homes are not exactly low cost. They have a pretty good overhead. I have yet to find a low cost or otherwise business, that didn't cost money to run. And I have yet to find a internet business that somewhere down the road, your asked to put in more money for this or that upgrade. To me Mulit Level Marketing is a well hidden pyramid scheme..
  4. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Good point,

Pyramid schemes are often times used by the typical MLM opportunity, but there are legal pyramids and illegal ones, so it is all about knowing the differences. Having seen them all, often times the difference is hard to understand for most, especially newbies to industry. Since U.S. social security has been defined as a pyramid in recent years, people are starting to see the light. lol Just as the federal reserve has also recently been labled a pyramid, finally people are starting to see that this pyramid structure is mainstream, not just used in scamming people out of their money. Almost everything has aspects of a pyramid when you really dig into it, but how many do?

Obviously, there are no free businesses when you have to include your marketing costs, and everyone knows that businesses do not grow without marketing and sales of a product or service. I have never had a problem with any business which is called a pyramid as long as there is a product or service of value attached to it. Compensation plans are all somewhat a pyramid stucture. I was in many traditional businesses over the years and I paid commissions on a tier level basis, and overrides were paid to managers, regional, and supervisors, so nothing new to those in insurance, real estate industry, auto industry, as example. More than one level receives commissions from same sale, same as in MLM industry.

Good luck,
  5. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

So many MLM and network marketing programs will cost some type of investment to start from $25 to $5000. In this day and time I can understand why so many people have to count their pennies. The blessed few are making big bucks around 1% of the total enrollment and they have worked hard to get there. I have found for me that alternative internet business work for what you put into it. I use a system that was free to start but eventually you will have to use some cash to get the word out further and grow your business. There is plenty of free advertising, youtube videos, blogging etc. The idea is to keep you cost within your limits to maximize the return. Also it helps to master all the internet tools to present yourself to the public. Much Success and Happy 4th of July, America the land of the free!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. VerveRob

VerveRob New Member

WHAT Is The BEST NO COST FREE RECESSION PROOF HOME BUSINESSES

Welfare;):)
  7. John Liew

John Liew New Member

I'm not sure whether that is recession proof business or not ...

I only ask one question, if one day I lose everything, .. job, money, savings, investment, opportunity .. blah blah
    can I recover? Can I survive?

I still have no certain answer, but I think I can because I have skills, knowledge and experience
  8. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

Something for nothing does not exist!!!!!!
    MarieA73 likes this.
  9. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

I don't put expensive MLM's high on my list. I have found that in times like these it is hard to do MLM like in the past because not that much disposable income is available to most people. I like what I do which is low cost while learning all the internet tools available to expose the system to the public which actually generates some cash for them.
    MarieA73 likes this.
  10. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Some MLM's are thinly disguised pyramid schemes, I think we would all agree on that. However, some companies have a product or service and decide to use network marketing because, of all marketing types, it has low upfront costs. Advertising is expensive. Network marketing is especially useful when the product is complicated, has product differentiation which is too complicated to be explained in 30 secs., and the company (in its infancy) doesn't have money for a large advertising campaign.
    Freetobe likes this.
  11. Freetobe

Freetobe New Member

typically that is true, but I have come across some mlms that are legitimately free or may cost under $20. They are around. most companies want you to upgrade but once you find that company that works for you everything is gravy!!
  12. Freetobe

Freetobe New Member

I definitely agree, although some videos and presentations can be murder, which makes consumers want to run! LOL
  13. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

I think people forget sometimes that free is not always free. Even if it says free. There is always a trade off otherwise people would not offer things free.

Figure out what the motivations are behind the free products or services and then decide if it is worth participating. Essentially are you happy to give what they want, even if it is not money?

Cheers!!
  14. jmorton

jmorton New Member

Welfare.

Seriously though, I have not a clue. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but "little risk=little return and larger risk=larger return" seem to hold true with a lot of mlm's.

I know the comment can be debated, but in my experience if someone joins a business for $40 and someone else joins for $1500, I would bet the person who committed to the hire amount will be just that....committed. Probably not every time, but more then likely.

Just a thought..;)
  15. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Although this may be true for many, I have seen many plop down several thousand and do nothing, so it is not always the cost of initial investment, it is more important to have a program which will allow the average newbie to recoup their enty cost as quickly and easily as possible is the real issue for most.

Sure, most will not have the thousand plus many big ticket companies require, so as I see it, I would prefer the lower dollar start ups over the big ticket deals knowing most will quit no matter what the cost if they do not see a chance of a return on investment of time and money in less than three months.

There are many aspects needed in a program before it will succeed for the newbies and professionals alike, and it is not always the price of starting up which is the key to success. It is always a combination of several aspects of any program which makes or breaks a business opportunity.

Good luck to all,
  16. Anirock

Anirock New Member

I think SFI is running for FREE ! There are many success stories. you can check out.
  17. DugMg

DugMg New Member

Hi, It's been a while since I posted but your question made me think of why I choose my MLM company. Without promoting any one I'm in the Energy business that takes advantage of deregulation. Now of course I think that my company is the better then the others and a perfect fit for me. The thing is no matter what happens to the economy people will always pay their electric/gas bill (I supply both at no cost to the customer). So if your price is at the very least equal to the local utility you have a market. I've yet heard anyone say "I think I'll take a cold shower in the dark to save money".... As far as the entry point, cost wise it varies. My company is in the $300 range but the tools, Local training Academy's and marketing material are a consideration. Of course the compansation plan must also be better. On the flip side you can find companies where it's free to join. Like the one I get junk mail from all the time. So you need to balance all the factors before you set a startup price. Any business venture has franchise or startup costs.
  18. DugMg

DugMg New Member

Just my 2 cents but your right on the commitment thing. Early on I helped some people (which you should never do) get started and they failed. If it's not their money on the line most won't even do enough to get startup bonuses.
  19. Anders J

Anders J Member

Build an MLM for free? Good luck!

That would be the short answer but in order to have success you need to market you, your team and marketing system. In order to be of value you must invest in yourself to become a leader.
    As far as the marketing goes you setup your system correctly building YOUinc. with the MLM on the backend as 98% are not interested (you monetize the rest and educate them). Look for attraction marketing.
    There are 23 free ways or so to advertise online. That is if you have something to advertise. It takes time but if you are comitted you will not regret it.
    I use the same princible in the WMI blueprint on my site but I would rather not promote an general MLM.

In MLM you need to brand yourself and become valuable for your target market. You need to build your presence the sooner the better. Where do you think you are 5 years from now. Still waiting for the answer here?
  20. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

New trend seems to be Pay It Forward as I see it. Free worked well for years to attract people to your opportunity, but like many learned, what is free is usually worthless. The key to free is to simply get a prospect into your program and hopefully they will like the products or service first, then like it enough to share with others.

Most people hate to sell, and this is why most fail, the fear of rejection is the biggest obstacle for all sales people, never mind newbie MLMers which have an even greater obstacle since most MLM products or services cost more than can be found elsewhere. Trying to convince people to buy overpriced products or services is not easy, so most give up before they even get started.

Pay It Forward offers a new twist in recent couple years. Offering something of value at no cost is a great incentive, especially if it is something everyone needs and already uses. Getting someone to make a blind purchase is never easy, even for the experienced and trained sales people. Having trained sales people in the past, if I found one out of ten diamonds in the rough I was lucky. Many companies are offering try it before you buy it offers these days, so this trend is here to stay as I see it. Time will tell how many others will adopt this strategy.

Good luck,