What is the best webhosting?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JTMx29, Sep 29, 2008.

1. JTMx29

JTMx29 New Member

I have heard HostGator and BlueHost are good. But I want to own the domain and not have that included. that gives the host site the ownership. So what is a good reliable and known hosting company?

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

3. I am with host4Profit. They are more expensive, but the customer service is brilliant. When I have had a problem, they reply straight away, so I feel confident that if anything goes wrong they are easily reachable.

Barb

4. srama3

srama3 New Member

000webhost is simply awesome!

1.5Gb space and supports PHP, MySQL and FTP

Best of all, it's completely free!

It also has an affiliate program, which gives you $5 for each person who signs up through you.

Check it out, its worth it!

5. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I am completely happy with Host Gator.

The customer service is world class, and that means so much to me.
    Cheers, Victoria

6. bestbusiness

bestbusiness New Member

Cirtexhosting.com is great. Especially for blog hosting. Purchase your domains at GoDaddy or wherever, then forward to Cirtex. Very low prices for unlimited domain hosting. Hope this helps.
    All the best,
    Blair

7. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I use Hostgator and it's been great no problems. When I researche this it came down to Hostgator and Bluehost and Hostgator won due to price that was the only reason.

8. Mak Doodle

Mak Doodle New Member

I have used a few but these days I tend to use godaddy for my domain registration and hostgator for hosting.

I like godaddy because of Dana [​IMG] kidding (not really)

and hostgator because if you plan to host multiple sites the cost and ease of use fit my needs best.

9. garretbelisle

garretbelisle New Member

I have to agree with Mak Doodle, godaddy is by far the best out there. Very helpful and knowledgable.

10. samda

samda Member

The two posts given by Admin will reveal all the insa and out of your question.

But just to add on: If you are focussing a country specific crowd to your website choose a host from that country and have register a domain name with the country specific tld.

Say, if I wish to build a website that sells product to people in UK, I will have to get a .co.uk tld and a host from UK. This will be very much helpful to get rankings in google.co.uk.

Again this is not the only factor. There are some other factors that can influenze and a few times these factors are even over ruled. Any way this idea would help you sometimes..

Sam

11. volybal3

volybal3 New Member

As of March 09 and according to research on Google, here is a list you might find helpful:

HostMonster - $4.95/mo

InMotion - $6.95/mo

WebHostingPad - $3.96/mo

Host Papa - $4.95/mo

HostGator - $4.95/mo

LunarPages - $4.95/mo

BlueHost - $6.95/mo

Omnis Network - $4.76/mo

Yahoo! Hosting - $8.96/mo

IX Web Hosting - $3.95/mo

Ignore the price per month. This list goes by rating only.

Hope you found this information helpful. Also, I personally use 1 & 1 WebHosting. I know it is not on the list, but I have used it for over 3 years now and I never had a problem with them. However, this is simply a suggestion, feel free to choose which ever hosting works best for you.

Best,