What is the difference between Coastal Vacations different groups?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by CarolinaConsign, Dec 29, 2006.

1. joesosa

joesosa New Member

Hi all!
    I'm going in too! Learning a lot from your posts and getting a sense of team work...great!... I'm so relieved that Coastal is for real and not a scam.
    NOW, I need some help: I hear from you experienced folks, that getting a "good" Director is vital, right?...well, how can anybody from the outside choose one?
    By the D.'s success?, length in Coastal?, word-of-mouth? asking around, say, to you posters?, what can you recommend?

You all seem enthusiastic and good people, your help will be appreciated, and by many!

[​IMG] Joe.
  2. roger

roger New Member

3. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Joe, excellent questions, interview a few of the Directors to see if you both seem compatible with each other.

As to length of time or how many people the Director has signed may not be as important as to their experience in marketing and advertising.

I know some new directors come in with fresh ideas for marketing and may be able to offer you fresh, new ideas. It seems marketing and advertising methods must be updated often as some may lose their appeal.

Look at what system and what groups they belong to, there are many different systems from call centers to automated systems etc. And believe me when I say it makes a whale of a differemce as to what systems you choose, or as I call them what tools you will be exposed to. So length of time in Coastal as to length of time marketing and advertising should be considered.

Also, is Coastal their main focus or are they in several different companies. I have seen many seasoned Directors who are not as focused as some new Directors. They need to be there for you and not consider you to be an imposition on "their life" I know for myself if I have a ques I feel that if I am paying someone $1,000 or $2,000 to train me they better be there for me!!

I consider $2,000 that a Director receives to mentor and coach you a lot of money and you need to get your money's worth!

Good luck in your search and all the best to you!

Terri
  4. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Good point Terri!

When I was seeking a director, I wanted someone who was visionary and experienced. What I noticed is that many of the "big name" directors don't give people a whole lot of one on one time. Not that I think they are bad people, just that they don't have the TIME.

I really think that is vital to people, when they are first starting out they have paid for that intense training. The groups give people lots of suberb resources- but everyone is an individual. Its kind of like calling one of those 800#'s for customer service. Its seems while they have treid to give people great information for general questions and concerns that you always seem to have some situation that is unique. I don't know about everyone else, but when I have a problem I try to find the answer with the resources available to me first and THEN will call the organization.

So, it was really important for me to find that director experienced and visionary enough to give me the tools and take me to the edge but also someone that I could get on the phone with daily one on one for that unique and individual learning and questions that arise that aren't answered by the systems resources.

This is why my goal is to bring quality entrepreneurs into my own business. I don't want to see people not get everything they need on every level to find their own success. Its very important to me to have good relationships and good raport and I want people to KNOW that they can and should pick up the phone regardless of if they have an appointment with me or not. I want to establish long term relationships and have them know that I will be there long after they get their release.

I'd rather have 3 people like that a month then 3 a week. Bring excellent people into this business and never have to resort to forum calls. Right now, I have actually looked at my team and realized that I have quite a few people in that stage one. So in order to give them and thier people the very best of myself and my time I have stopped active marketing and am taking on limited new members on my own efforts. I don't mean to come off as a prospecting snob or anything its just that I am out not only seeking my own prosperity and success.

So my advice to you Joe, is this. Learn all that you can and make a list for yourself of what it is that YOU will require as an individual when you start your business. We call this "expectations management" . Call around and interview directors. Get to know them and thier own philosophy ask many questions about how they run their business and how they envision their future. Listen to thier answers, and see if they meet your expectations for a director that you have on your list.

I would ask things like what are your business hours? How much time will I be able to work with you? What happens if I need you and you aren't available right then? What ways do I have to get in touch with you? How quickly will you get back to me? What is your policy with new team members? What are your hobbies and passions? How many hours do you work a week vs how many hours you are available for me to get in touch with you as need be? Do you have other directors that you work with that I may be in touch with should I need help and you are not available? What are YOUR expectations of ME as one of your team members? How active are you within the leadership of your own group? What are your future plans for your own business? What do you feel are the most important ingredients for success?

I hope that helps Joe!

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG

(about to pack up the phone and puter and head to my new home! WOO HOO!)
  5. BountifulTravel

BountifulTravel New Member

HI LORA, It's Rene!

I am new to Coastal and am absolutely ecstatic. I would like to publicly thank Lora for all the time she has spent with me. I AM going to see you guys at the TOP!
  6. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello

I would also suggest doing a google or yahoo search for that persons name, ie coastal vacation first name lastname to see if anything negative has been written about that person as well.

You may also find some good postive posts, or at least see what they have been up to
    [​IMG]

The second thing I would do is to call them one by one and see if your personalities click.

Hope this helps

maria Porter
    Level 3 director
  7. jlDunn

jlDunn New Member

I would agree with everyone!!

It is up to you to interview those that seem your style.....You must "click" with your director, and feel comfortable talking with them. You must feel that they have the time and effort to support you.

Do you have a full time job? Find someone with the same schedule....

Do you have children? Find someone you can relate too...

Ask questions and find the one that suits you best-!!

Lindsay
  8. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Hi Joe,
    Coastal has many groups within the company, each with their own style of running the Coastal business. I don't think any group is better than another, and there are successful directors in every group. I would suggest that you check out each group and see which one best fits your style, and from there find a director that you can click with. I know if at least 3 groups. wecloseyoursales( of which I am part of), Coastal synergy group, and Coastal wealth builders.
    You can email me at [email protected] if you want any more information on the wecloseyoursales group. I am sure anyone else on this board would be more than happy to answer your questions about their group.

Good luck with your search, and best of success to you,
    Susan
  9. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Susan

actually there are many groups, more than you mention...I know of at least 15....excluding my own [​IMG]

but it comes down to support, tools, personalities and advertising.

If you are not taught how to market, how will anyone ever find you.

hope this helps

maria
  10. jlDunn

jlDunn New Member

There are really that many groups.....and here I thought that there were like 5....

The groups (the onces I know of) all have great support, but I believe that it is a personal director you must choose more than a group.....

All the groups have great options, and try to have advantages over one another, but they all offer great support, and advertising ideas....But it is still up to you....

No one can help you if you won't help yourself.....and by that I mean we can't give you answers unless you ask questions!!

Lindsay
  11. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya

yes, other than CSG the groups mentioned here are young.

I am an oldie, 5 1/2 yrs

there are many groups even older than mine.

Nitsa co-founder of CSG I believe joined under James D'alessandro (who is no longer in coastal) who joined under me

so you can see, we probably all have a related upline [​IMG]

cheers
    maria porter
  12. roger

roger New Member

Hi Maria,
    I think Bruce Ledgerwood signed under you, yes? If so, I signed up under him....actually under, under him - we're all connected eh?.....
    I lived in England for a couple of years as a young adult and when I read your posts it takes me there. Very fond memories!

[​IMG]

Roger
  13. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hi Roger

yes small world...Bruce is one of the most wonderful and caring people you will ever wish to meet.

...where in England, I come from the west country around Bath. I lived in Bristol before moving to Dallas 17.5 yrs ago.

talking genealogy....I am actually 3 away from Al

I am astonished at just how popular coastal has become. When I joined coastal there were only 3 directors on the internet and I was one of them...

cheers
    Maria
  14. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Only 3 Directors on the internet wow those were the good old days!!

Now there is what about 300 thousand Directors? [​IMG]

At least it feels that way.

Terri

BTW we visited Bath,England when we were in London last Nov. beautiful countryside.
  15. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya Terri

you bet it feels like more...

and so many spanish speaking sites

but you know the internet is huge, you just have to do something different to stick out

yes I have to say Bath is lovely. We went to Scotland and the Lake district last yr and that area is also spectacular.

I am having a lot of family coming over at the end of May....10 of them, so that will be interesting... [​IMG]

Great to hear from you, we will have to meet soon

cheers
    maria
  16. roger

roger New Member

You're not kidding Maria, I was going to call him Bruce "Generouswood" instead but I stopped saying that when he started calling me "Patooo"

hehehe....

I lived in London, specifically Streatham (aka St. Reatham!) but I worked in the west end, in fact one of the bombs that went off in the terrorist attack was literally just outside Tavistock House near Euston station where I worked. I literally jumped out of my couch when I recognized the building where the shattered bus was sitting idle, it freaked me out.....I spent a lot of time in Lyme Regis in Dorset, as you know a beautiful part of the country.....Bristol's a nice place!

[​IMG]

Roger
  17. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Yes, Maria we will have to do lunch soon.

Terri
  18. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya

Terri that would be great, my treat!

Roger, Dorset is beautiful, my sis lives in Poole, Dorset and my younger brother lives in Tavistock, Devon (close to Plymouth)
    home of Sir Francis Drake

yes it certainly is a small world.....

we were in Monte Carlo, (WHAT a place) heard some American's talking, so we asked one lady if she minded taking our picture....
    she said not on your nelly....

just kidding there to make it interesting, actually she said yes,
    she was from Dallas (but lives in Monte Carlo most of the time I think) and is the owner of The Texas Land And Cattle steak restaurants (Terri you know them I am sure)....

I will have to try and find that picture

a very small world indeed

cheers
    maria
  19. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

p.s. Roger....

Gald you were OK with the bomb going off so close...

I have never heard a bomb go off in my life, must be scarey stuff.

maria
  20. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: ibiznizThe Texas Land And Cattle steak restaurants

Oh yes, the Texas land and cattle steakhouse, not to make anyone hungry but picture this, a mesquite smoked sirloin (Texas size) and a Texas sized margarita.......[​IMG]

They have, I think about 21 locations.

Did you sell them a package Maria??[​IMG]

Terri