What is your best way to make money at home?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by payment proof, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ownyourlife

ownyourlife New Member

payment proof: Is it online? If so, what sites do you use? What type of work do you do?

Or are you currently working an offline opportunity? Or maybe telecommuting for a large company?

Working online with my biz. Fully automated system and back office. It's really been great.
  2. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I make a full time living online many different ways including affiliate marketing, network marketing, article writing, joint ventures, a membership site, and so on.
  3. gchildren

gchildren New Member

I have four websites.

Three are for reselling products while my fourth is involved with affiliate marketing.

Two of my three retail sites are doing very well but they are very time consuming.

I am starting to focus more time on developing my affiliate programs with the goal of developing more internet streams of income through information products.

John
  4. otiose

otiose New Member

I've worked from home full-time for around 20 years but, to be successful, I have several balls in the air because it's too risky relying on just one.

I have active and passive income. You'll find more details in the thread called: Newbies...You Need More Than One Ball

My current active income is derived from various self-employed activities using my training and experience:

*proofreading
    *journalism
    *writing
    *PC repairs
    *PC forensic troubleshooting
    *PC tuition

If one ball ever drops the other income-producing-balls are still in the air.

Mornings are for my PC activities. Afternoons are for my other activities.

All this diversification also results in:

*an interesting variety of jobs
    *interactions with machines
    *interactions with people
    *routine activities mixed with non-routine
    * less stress...and so on...

Meanwhile, in in the background, some passive income gently trickles in.

Just one of those sources is from the sales from my eBook, Simple Fixes For Your Sick PC.

Your starting point is to ask yourself:

1 Do I want to work mainly with people or things?

2 Do I want to sell items or a service?

3 What are my specific skills?

4 Am I basically a loner or gregarious? (Working from home suits loners in particular)

Max
  5. GunHoChris

GunHoChris New Member

payment proof: Is it online?
    I currently operate several successful online businesses which are in the Direct Sales industry and I focus my time helping those new to the industry on how to establish their own business and most importantly, how to market their businesses effectively on the Internet using the power of Web 2.0 Marketing.
  6. Shakes12

Shakes12 New Member

payment proof: Is it online? If so, what sites do you use? What type of work do you do?

I am a newbie at Wealthy Affiliate. I have been with then for two months and spent most of it learning. The have different courses for Juniors, Intermediates and Seniors. I am still at a junior stage and learning but have seen significant results.
  7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

8. Zoe44

Zoe44 New Member

This is such a great thread - finding out what everyone does!

I do several things, all fun, all from home and all online. There is so much stuff you can do now to earn money from anywhere and new opportunties are popping up all the time. The bulk of my work is from writing because that's what I love to do.
  9. GavinStephenson

GavinStephenson New Member

Marketing and Promotion first before joing trying to make money
  10. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

GavinStephenson: Marketing and Promotion first before joing trying to make money

Hmm, why not both? lol
  11. Seashell

Seashell New Member

I own my own e-com company which allows me to work at home when i feel like it. I also have an office/warehouse that I can work from when i need to get out of the house.

Personally I think i would go nuts if i stayed at home 24/7. I like the flexibility of being able to do both.

I also use send out cards to help build my business as well as help others get set up with the system.

Its truly amazing how a simple thank you card can positively impact your business
  12. Escalade

Escalade Guest

My personal recommendation is online business. With an online business, you get to reduce the amount of work since you can always put your business on auto-pilot. As an example, you can compose one email and send it to all your costumers/prospects. However, you have to keep in mind that most of the work involved in an online business is in the beginning since you need to set everything up. That includes starting a marketing campaign. After this stage, over 90% of your online business will be automated.
  13. Ozma

Ozma New Member

I make a couple thousand a month with adsense, but I'm getting into affiliate marketing now, too. Adsense kinda freaks me out, cause one day it'll be fine and the next day it'll be gone, and I never know if it will bounce back. :p
  14. 1trae

1trae New Member

Affiliate Marketing is a great place to start
  15. discrat

discrat Member

I have been doing really well at Online Surveys and GPT Offers for the last year.
    Surveys are totally free to sign up with and make money with. The Big Corporations like GE ,IBM etc.. are always looking to gain more info. from potential customers about their preferences, buying habits etc..etc..
    So they will pay Survey Sites to administer these Surveys to peeps like you and me and collect this vauable info.
    Pretty sweet gig, IMHO

Its gotten really big as of lately and it should be an industry thats around for awhile
  16. freepaidsurveys

freepaidsurveys New Member

Affiliate marketing is a good one.
  17. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

I have started several traditional businesses and when internet went commercial, I sold all the businesses I could not move to the internet. Never looked back, been working from office at home for decades, and would never consider a traditional business again. I can accomplish everything I want to in business online.

I know run a dozen businesses online and work a fraction of the time I did when I had employees, overhead of building, accountant, and all the hassles and headaches of dealing with recession and surviving. Now I need not worry about any of these issues, and earn ten times more without the hassles and headaches.

Wealth Without Health is Worthless
  18. homewizz

homewizz Guest

It's great to see so many people successfully working from home, making a living, and enjoying what they do. Would anyone here be willing to fill in an online case study questionnaire for me to put on the 'case studies' section of my site? I'm happy to add your website or blog url alongside your completed questionnaire as a thank you for taking part. This section is of no monetary gain but was created to help anyone who wants to start working from home. PM me if you're interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  19. ypyean

ypyean New Member

I think there is no one business which suitable for everyone, no matter it is online or offline. It all depends on which you would enjoy to do and which you can do.

Besides, make some research on your willing to do business, it can help you reduce the resource wasting (time, money... etc) when you start your business.
  20. jpolito830

jpolito830 New Member

I think you need to find a business area that you enjoy doing...I personally rather do something that I love and make a decent amount of money than waking up angry and stressed all the time just thinking about work.