What is your WHY

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Joanntal, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Joanntal New Member

To keep motivated in any business you must keep your "why" in front of you at all times. So, when you are in a slump you can look at it an re-generate! My why is my daughter. I do not want to miss any of the firsts with her. I want to be able to homeschool her and to allow her to experience vacations and outings and spending quality time with me as she grows up. So when I'm having a bad day or I get in a slump with my business I look at her picture and I get myself going to turn it around! Keep your why in front of you to keep the charge going!
    [Link removed - Admin]
  2. pcwork New Member

Good advice! What kind of business are you doing?
  3. Chaz T New Member

Looks like we have the same "why" as my kids and family are my main drive.

You may want to include a signature in your "preferences." Vishal is really generous in this forum in making your signature available to both guests and members.
  4. photomom04 New Member

Why.. first is my daughter and being able to go to her events, spend time with her etc.

Second.. I DON'T want to go back to the 9-5, office politics..etc. I love being able to create my own schedule and if I need time off.. no biggie.. I can two or three days off and it doesn't really affect my income.. love it!
  5. bkamanski New Member

Because most JOBS suck! That is my why. I have never liked making money for other people to live their dreams while I get beat down and keep mine on hold! I have been a top producer at most jobs I have ever worked and it is the same thing everytime. They never tell you how good you are doing. They always keep you feeling just bad enough to try and work harder...

Here's to freedom in a home business! Brad
  6. SwiftatHome New Member

Very much the same reasons.

My kids are growing up fast and I don't want to miss out.

Also I'm tired of chasing the carrot my company dangles in front of me everyday. "If you do this or this there's a promotion in your future." Well I've done that for almost 10 years now and guess what, the carrott is always out of reach. I realize now that I have to find a different way.
  7. Jaide New Member

My why is my kids and my extended family as well. But I am kind of stubborn and bul headed sometime so my why also includes proving to everyone that I can work at home and match what they earn.

Candy
  8. wahucarolyns New Member

I am new to this forum and glad I happened upon this conversation first. I knew I was looking for advice and encouragement, but not sure what I would find, and the advice of keeping the "WHY" in clear focus is probably the best anyone could offer. Thanks Joanntal!
  9. talfighel Silver Member

For the past few years, my WHY was not to make lots of money and be wealthy. Honestly, it wasn't and still isn't.

My biggest WHY was to be my own boss while making good money to survive.

That is what always keeps me going in the tough and challanging times.

For me, having a boss tell me what to do is not the kind of life that I want. I want to do what ever I want, when ever I want to, and to just be free.

Tal
  10. cherie27 New Member

bkamanski: Because most JOBS suck! That is my why. I have never liked making money for other people to live their dreams while I get beat down and keep mine on hold! I have been a top producer at most jobs I have ever worked and it is the same thing everytime. They never tell you how good you are doing. They always keep you feeling just bad enough to try and work harder...

Here's to freedom in a home business! Brad

I agree with you.

Most job sucks. I don't want to be struck in a job for my rest of my life. That's why i get involved in a internet business.
  11. BillChechel New Member

My "why" has and always will be to have more time to do as I please.

I have three young children and I refuse to miss out on the things that are important just to earn a living. They are growing so fast and I want to spend more than just a few hours a night with them.

I thought owning my own "traditional" business would take care of that but what a joke. I did not anticipate all the headaches I would encounter with employees and unplanned expenses all the time. I basically was an underpaid employee of the corporation.

So my "why" is to be able to wake up in the morning and not have to be anywhere. I would still work, thats just my nature. I just want my time back, thats all.
  12. TheWinner New Member

Hey Guys

Looks like most people will have in and around similar "Why's."

My Why is to have freedom of my own time, able to spend time with my family whenever I choose to, and not be stuck in a job where I have someone looking over me all the time, and telling me what to do. The thought of doing a 9-5 for the next 45 years is scary.

So, onwards and upwards guys![IMG]

Kiran
  13. BillChechel New Member

TheWinner: The thought of doing a 9-5 for the next 45 years is scary

Yes it is. I am grateful I wont be stuck in that situation anymore!
  14. TheWinner New Member

BillChechel:
    Yes it is. I am grateful I wont be stuck in that situation anymore!

Thats fantastic Bill, welldone! [IMG]
  15. successful2008 New Member

My why is my husbands health, family time and I wanted more of what life has to offer.

To your massive success,
    Michelle