What kind of traffic to you get from article marketing?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by happygal, Aug 24, 2009.

1. happygal

happygal Member

Just curious what kind of traffic you see coming to your sites from article authoring and publishing. Clearly it's something a lot of people use, but I am interested in the resulting traffic. Anyone care to share?

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi HappyGal,

If you are talking traffic numbers, then it varies from author to author as well as from niche to niche. I've been happy with my numbers, which are private of course.

If you are talking quality traffic then yes, you can get quality traffic complete with conversions if you can write well and sprinkle a little SEO in the right places. I've had quite a bit of success in this area as well.

If you are wondering which directories to use, you are already using one of the very best - EzineArticles.

I would suggest that you also give GoArticles and Squidoo a shot.

Is that what you were wondering?

~Newbie Shield~

3. happygal

happygal Member

Sure...thanks.

Do you see a percentage of your vists coming direct from articles? (And yes, of course your actual traffic numbers are personal and private, I agree).

4. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Articles do bring in traffic. The more articles I write, the more traffic I get.

5. It works really well for me. Squidoo is currently one of my top five sources of traffic. I also get a decent amount from other articles I've written here and there.

-Danielle

6. so i think squido is best for article and getting traffics

7. robinincarolina

If the content of your article is good and relevent, not only does it bring in traffic, but targeted traffic. Writing the articles is my favorite part!

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

robinincarolina: If the content of your article is good and relevent, not only does it bring in traffic, but targeted traffic.
    I agree - a lot of my traffic comes from both Squidoo and articles and I KNOW it is targeted traffic if it comes from there as it is content that I put out there... not just some random search someone was doing...

It's like presold traffic as they have already BEEN to something else that you wrote and then came through that doorway to your website...where you can now present them with solutions...

Make sense?? [​IMG]

9. robinincarolina

Perfect sense. The key being I put on there! I take pride in what I put on there as I am sure do you mountainmom!

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

happygal: Do you see a percentage of your vists coming direct from articles?
    Hi HG,

Yes, that's what I was saying.

Additionally, if you link back to a site you own, you get a backlink for your PR.

~Newbie Shield~

11. Watchmen

Watchmen New Member

Articles take a lot of time and effort but they do bring traffic, I wrote them for watches when i have time.

12. kencraw

kencraw New Member

robinincarolina: If the content of your article is good and relevent, not only does it bring in traffic, but targeted traffic.
    That is the kind of traffic you must have. Targeted traffic turns into paying customers. Articles can be done in a short amount of time. Concentrate on you keywords and get your readers emotionally involved and connected.

13. ScottWhaley

ScottWhaley New Member

My wife has had some amazing results with article marketing, and I have had some great results as well. My wife does affiliate marketing in the Tattoo niche. She created an article that has received 22998 since June 2009, and 10,254 views just in August.

I thought that I would put this out there because I thought it was just amazing. I have never had results like that...So article marketing can definitely bring some visitors, but the conversions is really what counts.[​IMG]

I want to add that I don't recommend getting into the tattoo niche. You can make some money, but you really have to spend alot of time flooding the net with content....but thats just my opinion.

Scott

14. elle14

elle14 New Member

I got views in my article marketing and I don't think they also click or visit my link.. Since, I can't see any result in Google analytics came from article directory. [​IMG]

15. elle14: I got views in my article marketing and I don't think they also click or visit my link.. Since, I can't see any result in Google analytics came from article directory.
    Which article site did you use? Not all of them are equal. Also, depending on what your niche is, it's sometimes better to go for a niche article directory site.

-Danielle

16. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

Hi, everyone.

I am new to the forum.

I am fairly new to article marketing, so I cannot speak to the amount of traffic in terms of actual experience. It is still too early to say how successful my articles will be at directing traffic to my website. However, what I try to do is make my articles interesting to read while including a lot of good keywords. I'm still learning about good keywords, but right now I try to use Google's keyword tool before I write.

From what I see out there from my own research, you don't have to be an award-winning writer to write successful articles. Just make it interesting with a little personality. And be patient. It may take a little time.

Just a few of my thoughts.

17. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

The amount of traffic will vary per articles. I've written some that have produce many free hits to my website, and other articles that just didn't pan out. So in may ways it's similar to other advertising, some ads work better than others.

The good thing about doing articles is your article advertisement is long term and can produce website traffic on going for free.

I've learned to get away from just being an internet marketing "junkie" and to use other forms of non internet marketing to succeed in being profitable with my product/service offers to people. I think that is what has cause many to fail. They lock into one style of marketing hoping to make their home business work. Home business need as much, and diversified, advertising as possible, but mainly advertising that will put you in front of interested people with the least amount of competition and distraction for others. It took me a long time to figure this out, but having done so has made a huge difference to my business.

18. happygal

happygal Member

Well, a few weeks in, I am seeing some traffic from article marketing, so I am working on it as well. Thanks for the great feedback and insights!

19. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

And the great thing about articles is that they stay online forever.

So if you have written an article that ends up on page 1 of google for your keyword, you get your traffic for free....forever....from that article.

And yet someone placing an adword that ends up on page 1 of google for your keyword could be paying several dollars for each click - whereas your clicks on your article is free...forever...

20. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I think you can get much better traffic from Ezinearticles and Squidoo then a lot of the other article directories, although you can still use the other article directories for backlinks, and the more backlinks you have, the higher your page rank is going to be...