what other ways can you market a business?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by chicagostyles, Sep 17, 2009.

1. chicagostyles

chicagostyles New Member

I've been looking for ways to market a business as an affiliate, can anyone give me tips on that?

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

chicagostyles: I've been looking for ways to market a business
    as an affiliate
    Really? What have you tried so far?

chicagostyles: can anyone give me tips on that?
    Not until you can prove that you've done some research on your own and aren't expecting to be spoon fed when the answers are so easy to find and abundantly available.

~Newbie Shield~

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

[​IMG]

4. chicagostyles

chicagostyles New Member

well the things ive tried is writing blogs and myspace and twitter which is basically good for a certain amount of time

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

chicagostyles: well the things
    ive tried is writing blogs and myspace and twitter which is basically good for a certain amount of time
    So how is that going for you?

6. chicagostyles

chicagostyles New Member

its going ok, its slowed down a bit and i kind of want to find other alternatives to marketing to a large amount of people

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

you will find a variety of methods that we use with some of the most popular ones being articles and Squidoo.... I personally like to use the One Week Marketing Plan whenever I want to promote a particular item or product.

Good luck![​IMG]

8. Newbie Shield

Chicago,

Since you've mentioned some general methods, I'll add some general things to your list of things to investigate. Let me know if that's what you're looking for:

Ezine Articles
    Squidoo
    Press Releases
    Yahoo Answers
    Facebook
    Paid Hosting
    Blog commenting with sig link
    You already seem to know about forum participation with sig links

If you can be more specific about what you're looking for (such as ways to drive traffic, ways to monetize, or whatever) and what you've specifically tried, we can better assist you.

~Newbie Shield~

9. chicagostyles

chicagostyles New Member

Well, as far as anything else, I would like a better way to drive traffic to my affiliate website. What does squidoo do?

10. Newbie Shield

chicagostyles: What does squidoo do?
    Go see:

www.squidoo.com

Like I said, you have to do your own footwork first. If after you've tried hard with something and still can't figure it out, then consider asking about it.

~Newbie Shield~

11. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Videos, articles and forums (social networking) are your top 3 free marketing methods.

Free advertising is not necessarily fast traffic generation but it does work. Just applying those 3 above with the right product/service and keyword research and you'll get quality traffic. Buyers, well that just depends on what you are offering.

With the right biz offline marketing will work wonders also.

12. anthony2313

anthony2313 Member

my favorite methods to getting traffic to my website is

ezine solo ads
    article marketing
    classified ads

13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

My favorite method is to give away free stuff. People love free things. If your site is attractive after they get something free and get to your site you can usually get them to look over what you have to offer. For me free is king.