What sells Amazon products the best?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jadimon, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jadimon New Member

Basically I'm looking to set up some pages on the web offering shoes and jewelry (Not necessarily together) from amazon exclusively and I would like to know what format seems to convert the best. A blog, website or something entirely different.

I'm leaning towards creating a shoes and boots website created in dreamweaver myself, but I'm concerned it will look like a cheap knock off of amazon. I see a lot in forums touting to benefits of using wordpress with thesis 1.6, but a blog selling shoes is difficult for me to picture having success. Please share your thoughts and examples of your successful site would be optimal.

Thanks and much success to all this Christmas season.
  2. connor_zen New Member

3. John Park New Member

Nothing wrong with word press. Google loves it. You use "Posts" for your articles and "pages" for selling. You basically combine the best of both worlds.
  4. getagrip Gold Member

You can use Wordpress to import Amazon feeds and display them on your website. The one problem with Amazon feeds is that there are a lot of people promoting them, so you run into duplicate content issues. If you do use Amazon feeds, I'd recommend that you create plenty of unique content to go along with the feeds - otherwise, people will not find your site in the search engines.
  5. gowriter Member

I recommend using Squidoo because it's not exactly a website or a blog, and it was designed to help you market. I see that lots of people use Squidoo to promote Amazon products.

You can put in your own Amazon affiliate links, or you can share the revenue with Squidoo's affiliate link. I recommend you put in your own for higher commission.

Secondly, Squidoo has the ability to ad polls, have people vote, get the readers interactive on your Squidoo Lens about your subject. The more people add comments and get involved, the more it updates your Lens. Search engines love fresh content over stale content.
  6. garygoh New Member

gowriter: I recommend using Squidoo because it's not exactly a website or a blog, and it was designed to help you market. I see that lots of people use Squidoo to promote Amazon products.
    Squidoo has been very strict on affiliate links lately. But I do agree that it is a great place to promote amazon products.

I have a len that I built about a year ago and has been bringing me quite a number of sales lately.
  7. Caneh New Member

The way that I have always done this was write some great keyword researched articles and submit them to ezine and have a link to my site.