What things do you do to cut down on your expenses?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by chd07, Jun 16, 2016.

1. chd07

chd07 New Member

Hey everyone,
    It's obvious by my signature that my Work at Home job is helping small business save on their shipping expenses, but that's not what this thread is about. :D
    I'm wondering what everyone else does to cut down on their expenses in general?
    I know working at home is a very hard thing to do to make a living, so I figured everyone on here must have some good ideas on how to cut down on their expenses.
    I assume it matters on what type of job you have, like selling stuff on eBay would be way different then selling digital/audio material on Amazon. But, I figured this type of advice can help everyone out on the forum.
    Either way I'm curious and all ears :)
  2. learn to do it all by yourself and never have to pay anyone to do it for you....
  3. cheta

cheta New Member

draw a scale of preferences from the most needed things t the least needed things of life and focus on the most needed while putting others on hold till maybe you have enough cash to offset them all.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

5. Georgerocker

Georgerocker New Member

Yes, I can agree with you but at the same time, you can't be a professional in all spheres of life, so sometimes It's just better to ask someone for some help.
  6. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Member

I mostly just restrain myself from impulse buying and only buy what's on my list.
    payment proof likes this.
  7. OmaSeNg

OmaSeNg New Member

It's the little things but I have a lot to work on.
  8. Muzzamil

Muzzamil Member

Eat at home a lot more often rather going out. Only buy things that you actually need not want. Get a control over your credit card spending. Understand the differences between liabilities and assets. And try to have less liabilities and more assets. Hopefully this helped you.
  9. dmhuan

dmhuan New Member

Find valid reasons why you want it, and work on that
  10. Will Oliver

Will Oliver New Member

Coupons! They are everywhere and you can even buy small to large batches via Ebay.

Just a few coupons when I do my weekly or even bi-weekly grocery shopping can save $2-$7 for example ...and though not a lot it's the little things that do add up. Kinda like taking online survey's and after you have been at it a while you know which sites you dig and the ones you don't. Do spreadsheets too. Google Docs makes that quite easy or use the sticky notes via your laptop, etc.
    payment proof likes this.
  11. Will Oliver

Will Oliver New Member

try to use coupons a lot