What to do with my articles!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by larslarson123, Jan 26, 2009.

1. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

When submitting articles (we'll say ezinearticles.com for this example), is it best to toss a few at each category? Or perhaps flood one general category with a bunch of them?

Also, is it useful to space out your submissions, or to save up all seven articles from the week and submit in one day so someone's bound to stumble upon one when they're first indexed on the front page?

Oh, and do you generally get more traffic by submitting to specific categories, like 'Internet Marketing' or 'Website Promotion' or by submitting to the main 'Internet and Business Online' tab?

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

larslarson123: When submitting articles (we'll say ezinearticles.com for this example), is it best to toss a few at each category? Or perhaps flood one general category with a bunch of them?

Also, is it useful to space out your submissions, or to save up all seven articles from the week and submit in one day

Hi Lars,

Each way works well. It's a personal call. Try it each way and see which one works best.

larslarson123: Oh, and do you generally get more traffic by submitting to specific categories, like 'Internet Marketing' or 'Website Promotion' or by submitting to the main 'Internet and Business Online
    ' tab?

Make it as targeted as possible. This also helps with conversions on your site.

~Newbie Shield~

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I don't think it really matters - just make sure the category is appropriate. Also, focus on optimizing your articles with the right keywords, rather than categories.

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi Lars,

Here are three things to consider that may be helpful.

- Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    - Variety is the spice of life.
    - Test, test, test!

Hermas

5. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

Awesome thank you guys, I've just been kinda playing it by ear so far. It's been extremely challenging to make it anywhere near Google with keywords, so I'm hoping to optimize them for ezines first if anything.

Newbie Shield: Make it as targeted as possible.
    I always make sure the category is absolutely correct for my article so that's good to know.

A8ch: - Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    - Variety is the spice of life.
    - Test, test, test!
    Love those Hermas. Sometimes the most simple things that are staring you in face are the hardest to keep in mind... can't see the forest through the trees once I get on a roll with the specifics

6. capadrop

capadrop New Member

Ezine frequently provides some statistics on the articles that are read the most by its users, so you can check their blog for that info to make a decision as to where to post your articles. Surprisingly, the articles that were read the most in November and December I think had to do with Cheerleeding and then Volleyball second.(fancy that). So the amount of traffic you get will depend on the taste of the Ezine users and the google page rank assigned to your Ezine article.

In the absence of that sort of statistical information, just ensure that your articles are unique and relevant to the section you want to post it to.

Spacing out submissions is not necessary, as it will not increase your traffic.

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

That's interesting - cheerleading and volleyball? I'll have to go check that out.

I was never a cheerleader - lol - I would have been too clutzy but I did love volleyball. [​IMG]

edited: I can't even spell today

8. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

I should have known! My problem this whole time has been a lack of cheerleading info in my website. Darn.

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

LOL - and you better hurry as now the cheerleading niche will soon be overtaken.[​IMG]