What tool do you use to check your backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by garygoh, May 6, 2009.

1. neonguy528 New Member

I use the tools at submitexpress.com
  2. mickeyy New Member

Just understand that there is no system that can pull all your backlinks, including yahoo or any other SEO tool. The only one that knows all your backlinks and how many you have is you but then again others may be bookmarking or sharing your site in places you have no idea that even exist.
    Personally I use Market Samurai, as well as the SEO plug in for a quick check, both are pretty much accurate.
    Cheers,
  3. mattjosh New Member

SEO Spyglass.

There's a free version that allows you to check up to 1000 of your backlinks.
  4. baxterbaker New Member

I use SEO Quake to check backlinks in google, yahoo and msn, alexa rank, internal links and keyword density. All on a toolbar at the top of the page.
  5. josaphlewis Guest

There are lots of tools available in the market to check backlinks. I am always prefer to backlinkwatch & backlinks analyzer.
  6. lejla New Member

I use Google Webmaster, Yahoo Site Explorer and Traffic Travis to check how my articles are SEO optimized.

But is is interesting to see they show different links.
  7. jasonhawk New Member

For some article directories unless the article has been promoted on the front page Google wont find it for quite some time, same goes for Yahoo!

Only once they have indexed the page and registered the link in their database will it (potentially) show when you do a search using Yahoo! Site Explorer or Google link:

I'm not sure if Yahoo! hides any of the links it uses in calculating SERP's but I know for a fact Google does, as for how Google decides which links to show when you do a search, I have no idea, and I don't think we'll ever figure it out!

Btw, I use Market Samurai/Yahoo! Site Explorer and Google Webmaster Tools, but only once every couple of weeks, I prefer to spend more time creating quality content
  8. Rach72 New Member

Hey guys

SEO Quake, Yahoo site explorer and Traffic Travis (free) are my preferred tools and always the Yahoo links not the Google ones. I hardly ever use them for tracking my own links anymore - more for finding out how many links the competitors for my keywords have.

It really can take months for all your links to show up, so as Jason said I tend to concentrate more on providing the content and back linking to it so at least I know that those links will appear one day.
  9. RashmiP Guest

I use google webmaster tool and seomoz to check the backlinks.
  10. freedomme New Member

Market Samurai is the top tool and time saving machine!

SEOQuake plus backlinkwatch compliments the one above.
  11. AlexanderLehner New Member

Market Samuarai is great, i also use it but it shows only the Yahoo links.

Personally i love the link took from seomoz but it costs something like 50 usd per month.
  12. andyveer New Member

Hi
    I am using seo Quake toolbar for checking my back links , there are many other ways ..
  13. newbiz02 New Member

seo quake is good, but your ip can get banned from google for a couple of hours if you don't turn down the settings.
  14. fixaprob New Member

There are many sites available on the internet..one of those is BacklinkWatch: This tool is semi-useful. It allows you to enter one only one URL at a time and each analysis takes up to 5 minutes depending on the size of that webpage.
  15. apiacere New Member

As someone above mentioned, Market Samurai does a good job.
    I like their tutorials regarding their product.
    You will learn a lot about keyword research, SEO, and Rank tracking using Market Samurai.
  16. Justine New Member

I agree about Market Samurai[IMG], especially that it has the option to analyze the PR and anchor text of up to 1000 links, also google webmaster tool is quite handy.
  17. ThisIsOli New Member

Just so you know the Yahoo Site Explorer is going to be discontinued in 2012. Even Yahoo state that it is woefully inaccurate and counts links which even Yahoo does not use in its ranking algorithm.

I use SEOMoz on all my sites.
  18. boundlessmartin New Member

I want to ask that can i increase my site rank single hand ? and How much time it takes ..?
  19. frugalfamily New Member

I use site explorer usually but I have started to look at the new Wikio backlink checker as well lately. I find that no matter what site I look at, they always show different results!
  20. loner44 New Member

SEO SpyGlass is a rich and not ridiculously expensive backlink checker