What tool do you use to check your backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by garygoh, May 6, 2009.

1. PeterFrosen New Member

backlinkscheckertool.com is my fav [IMG]
  2. webgenie New Member

Okay, why do you check your backlinks? To make sure they are actually working? Or is it so you can see which ones are getting clicked on?
  3. joaotextor New Member

I started to using SEO for Chrome, which you can find in Chrome Web Store.
  4. Classic New Member

Hi Webgenie. Some of the main reasons I know of to check your backlinks are,
    -to see how you compare against other people who are targeting the same keywords
    -to find out the quality of the pages linkin to you in terms of their page rank and how many pages link to them
    -to get a feel of how many links will get you ranked on google against various levels of competition
    -to see which sites your competitors have links from that you don't have but could get links from
    -and to make sure the links you make or pay to be made are actually being indexed and are clickable like you said

My question to everyone reading this is, what is the best source for accurate information on links to sites other than your own? Yahoo Site Explorer was the best that I knew of. But now that they're discontinued, it seems most others either only show stats for your own site or give false stats. Which do you guys recommend for checking the backlinks of your competition? Thanks everyone.
  5. NetWizard862 New Member

Classic: My question to everyone reading this is, what is the best source for accurate information on links to sites other than your own? Yahoo Site Explorer was the best that I knew of. But now that they're discontinued, it seems most others either only show stats for your own site or give false stats. Which do you guys recommend for checking the backlinks of your competition? Thanks everyone.
    Yeah, Yahoo Site Explorer was the best - and free - to check backlinks. I think an alternative most webmasters can afford is SEO SpyGlass. It has a free version than shows a thousand backlinks. Now that the developers have added their own backlink database - it's definitely worth switching to.

What do you think?
  6. hotboy18 New Member

I use market samurai which is great but you can use backlinkwatch.com for free.
  7. yasser New Member

Never check my links. you can rank your websites with just 30 links and that's it.[IMG]
  8. loner44 New Member

loner44: SEO SpyGlass is a rich and not ridiculously expensive backlink checker
    + the whole seo powersuite is currently sold at 75% off! Check out link-assistant.com's official website.
  9. gowriter Member

Majestic SEO is free...unless you upgrade. It's a good one.
  10. herisetiyawan New Member

I usually use domain-pop and alexa to check backlinks..[IMG]
    By the way, not all backlinks to our sites are indexed/counted as backlinks especially for google...In order to get the backlinks indexed I always build backlinks to the backlinks..
  11. sunnyblue New Member

I use Backlinkwatch.com it is too effective.
  12. PeterFrosen New Member

I'm actually starting to use Majesticseo.com now and Google webmaster tools.

I find them both to be the best sources that are accurate on checking links.
  13. sunnyblue New Member

No back-link checker would show all the backlinks where you have published your articles.
  14. NetWizard862 New Member

I use LinkAssistant, which is awesum about how it finds you backlinks and then keeps track on them and immidiately notifies you if any falls out of place
  15. jamess Member

I use backlinkwatch.com and if you want check manually then you can use link:yoursite.com.. and OSE (open site explorer ) is also good tool to get information about your site..
  16. Gary, it takes time before all your submissions get indexed and be visible in the search engines. Also, you can use Google Webmaster Tool to check all the referring sites that points back to your website. In such a way, you can see what are the pages that has been indexed and what are those pages that hasn't been index yet.