What work moms at home is best?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by seoguy2007, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This is a great thread. I agree with so much here. I really think its important to find something you like if you plan on actively working in it. I also think that finding something automated that does alot of the work for you is a good idea as well.

I want to share that as ive worked in home based business off and on for over 20 years and f/t the last 3 years ive learned some big lessons. I suggest that you put you effort in something you really like and automate as much of it as you can. Learn to generate your own leads. Also give away a free gift to get people to look at your info. Many dont like this method but ill explain why I do. Free gets peoples attention. Thats what you want attention. Now of course your business you are directing them to must stand on its own but you want to get as many people there as possible. Next automate you responses to them with an autoresponder. This saves you so much time.

When you have this going find a free affliate program to send your prospects to as well. Ive seen an increase in targeted prospects as ive begun to offer other options. Many dont tell us this key bit of info when we first get started. I learned it the hard way but I teach all of my team this from the start now.

Hope some of my info helps. My door is always open to anyone needing advice.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  2. desmoines50309

desmoines50309 New Member

If you have a quiet place to work in your home you could also explore opportunities as an at home call/contact center agent. These positions are among the most readily available telecommuting jobs to be found. There is a great deal of competition for these highly sought after jobs, but increasingly employers are adopting the home based agent business model.
  3. liz perez

liz perez New Member

Does Freelance writers really pay off???? I almost joined the other day, but the BBB, said they had an unsatisfactory rating???? Please inform me if you have a good experience with them????
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Work at home moms, dads, college students, whomever. There is serious money to be made online. Success is yours to be had. It is not likely to happen over night, but you can make $1000s upon $1000s of dollars monthly in due course. Now going after these PPC emails, ads etc. for some serious cash flow is not going to cut it, and if you want just another $10-$15 an hour job, check the local newspaper, but if you want to find something that can provide you freedom from W-2s, but provide the income that nets you what shows in most peoples Gross w-2 column, online biz is the way to go. Just know that you don't have to spend hundreds to thousands to make $100s-$1000s Immediately. Seek and you shall find the right online business that makes you great cash flow... not while at home, but while on VACATION! [​IMG]
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

The most beautiful part about home business is that it doesn't matter which side of the tracks we grew up on... what color we are... whether or not we have a degree...

We ALL have the same opportunity to become successful with an online business![​IMG]

I am a simple farm girl, with an eighth grade education, been a stay at home Mom for 20 years and I work right along side with former airline pilots, nurses, bankers, accountants, and have the same opportunity to make the same income as they do - I love it![​IMG]
  6. i_love_my_boobs

i_love_my_boobs New Member

for me i wanted something i could do online, quick and easy with maximum profit in the little time i have around my 2 little ones. What's the best? tough to say but I know I do well with mine
  7. momsoffice

momsoffice New Member

I'm a mom of 6 and we are planning on homeschooling this year too. Oooh I'm excited, but nervous too. LOL

I work from home and I love it. I'm able to do it with my children by my side. That's why I stay home! I did check into medical transcription, but sometimes it's hard to find someone who will let you work from home, when you first start out. Also it's something you really need to do when the children are not around, since you have to pay close attention to the dictations. It can be good money though.

J.O.B are not very easy to find. Be very careful!!

Homebusiness, you'll usually have some kind of start up cost, but there are legitmate companies that don't cost an arm and leg to get started. LOL Just do your research and ask questions!!

Do you know what your looking for?

I wish you the best!! I know you'll find something!
  8. ckloeckner

ckloeckner New Member

I would just like to know of any leads on real employment, not yet ready to start my own business
  9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

momsoffice: I'm a mom of 6 and we are planning on homeschooling this year too. Oooh I'm excited, but nervous too. LOL

Congrats to you - we have been homeschooling for about 10 yrs now and although it takes some committment on our part as parents it is very worth it.[​IMG]
  10. momsoffice

momsoffice New Member

Thank you mountainmom5. I know it's a commitment and at times sacrifice, but I know it will definitely be well worth it!

Just stay around I might need some tips one day. LOL
  11. freewebhosting

freewebhosting New Member

I think if you can turn your online shopping experience & share your shopping experience with friends is a new method to generate income.
  12. andrewsimon

andrewsimon New Member

Data entry and freelance jobs suits best for house hold moms...[​IMG]
  13. Rob Chrin

Rob Chrin New Member

There are two broad categories when working from home. There are jobs and there are businesses. If you want a job, then doing the surveys, data entry, etc may be best. If you want a business, then selling something online is best, whether it be from eBay, affiliate marketing or selling your own product. Best is too vague. Best is what works for you based on what you want to do.
  14. SFerber

SFerber New Member

This is an older post but wanted to chime in.

I am a flying solo mom with 3 active kids. I find 2 things work for me. I telecommute and I have a home referral biz. I do not do parties or handle product. I do talk on the phone to answer questions so back ground noise is a little troubling at times. I plug into a lot of webcasts to illuminate that noise factor.

Depending on your personal situation different business models could be more appealing than others.

Given I am singly I do not have a second income to fall back on so expenses needed to be low and income needed to be reachable.
  15. sherrie

sherrie New Member

Hi,

I was an administrative assistant for 28 years, and love to do data entry. So you do this and make money? Can you give me some details and maybe how I can get in touch with the company you work with?
  16. sherrie

sherrie New Member

Can you tell me who to contact to do data entry and transcription work from home?
  17. kayomee

kayomee New Member

Has any one heard of mothers for a greener tomorrow? I have searched the internet for information but have been unable to find anything
  18. BrandeeSM

BrandeeSM New Member

I think alot of the above posts show alot of great information. I have tried so many work from home "jobs" and have lost so much money and none of them really work. I tried doing the surveys and you never get those surveys they promise for $25 a survey!! I tried the Customer Service from home and with 3 kids it was never quiet enough and they didn't want anyone to know that you were working from home!!

Alot of the work at home jobs are scams so be careful. Probably your best bet is a Work at Home Business because you can get all the tax deductions for owning your own business.

Don't let anyone tell you that you need to spend hundreds of dollars to start a home based business either. I started my own home based business for under $100. Also make sure that the company that you are working with is a well established company there are alot of made up companies out there that are not real so make sure you do your research.

Make sure that you do ALOT of research about the companies that you check into, also make sure that the product or service you are working with is a good stable product or service and something that is needed.

Before I started with my own home business I did alot of research and was able to find a great company with great services that I was able to get excited about and that helps me to make money and get other people motivated and excited to work for a great company.

You have to decide what works best for you, but check everything out really well before you sign up with anything!
  19. bradley1

bradley1 New Member

Hi,

Its good to see so many people taking initiative and giving us a good info on Home Based Business... Thanks a lot... [​IMG]
  20. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

Hi - yes I agree a lot of interesting stuff on here to read through and some good general advice - I started working from home when we moved area and I needed to still earn a good wage. I was sick of travelling and traffic jams and my friend introduced me to a good company in Wales - I get loads of training and information with my website - they are so helpful and informed. I definitely made the right move and I actually earn whilst I learn! They are the genuine article!