What would you do with free leads?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

A lead is a lead is a lead and is only as good as the person working it was what I was taught. This was a practice of many of the top leaders in what was once called the CSG. Many of the leaders ordered inexpensive email leads and worked them. They were good at this because they were good on the phones. With Coastal we have a great opportunity and if you put it in front of the right number of people a certain percentage will definitely get started. For that reason I got away from buying premium leads and began to look for other options. It led me to learning how to make my own lead capture pages and generating my own leads as well.

From time to time I do come across the opportunity to get alot of leads for inexpensive. FTV was one of those times. If any of you remember my pitch to all that joined my team it was 40k leads for $300. I actually closed a bunch of deals calling the leads myself. Not alot of business builders but packages were moved. Well now ive come across a free source of leads.

Now many will ask how good are the leads? My answer is only as good as you are on the phone. Many will ask how were they generated? Ill answer they are just business opportunity seekers. Now I have an advantage when I call as I have a free option to get starte din Coastal so for me it doesnt matter what leads I call. But even without my program a lead is a lead. We have the best travel program and having people to call is a necessity.

When you call try this method. Tell the person they have just been selected to receive a vacation voucher for taking a look at an business opportunity. You got their name as they were looking for an opportunity on the internt somewhere. Then ask them if they liek to travel. Ask them where. Ask how much they spend. Then finish off with if you could show them how to save money on their travel would they be interested in looking. Then give them a vacation testimony. Show them the Coastal Proof site. Its that easy.

Here is my link to the free leads site. If you want the leads then go sign up. If not then tell someone in your downline that is low on cash about it. It might get them restarted and make you some money in training sales. Free is free.

[Link removed - Admin]

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  2. wealthymarket

wealthymarket New Member

Yeah, I think I tried them...but I don't recall the quality being good at all...:-/ Has the site improved their quality? I mean, yes, free is free...but if it's just a colossal waste of time, then it doesn't make a difference whether it's free or costs money...as waste of time is a waste of time. [​IMG] Any improvements on these leads?
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Wealthymarket,

I appreciate your response and want to pose a question to you. What type of script or survey questions do you use when you call your leads. In my experience with the lead companies ive found no difference in the quality of any of the leads. Most are generated by offering the people an incentive to fill in their info. Most arent serious about really starting a home based business. This dilemna led me to make some changes in how I prospect as well as how I teach my team to do the same.

I teach my people to focus on the travel aspect. You see travel is a 7 trillion dollar industry and people love to travel. They love it and love it even more when you can travel at a discount. I teach my teammates to promote the value of the package first. When the prospect sees the value of the product they will have an easier time relaying that to anyone they talk to about Coastal. Learning to promote the business aspect is more of a challenge for many so we work on doing that secondary. Its been a good method.

Now as we focus on the travel aspect having thousands of prospects is a good thing. The majority will like to travel but wont be interested in getting in business or wont be qualified to run a business. But again they still travel and are viable customers. That makes getting inexpensive leads a good thing with Coastal if you run your business that way.

Id love to hear from any of the other Coastal Directors and associates and get your take on buying leads. I know ive spent way too much in the past on leads so getting free leads is a great windfall for me and many of my teammates.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  4. CarolinaConsign

CarolinaConsign New Member

5000 free leads each month, names, phone#'s, email address, home address. And the big two....... ip address and date/time stamp and a door opener, each lead has where it is originated from.

Worth a try, if for nothing else to practice scripting! Thanks Adam for putting this out!
    Look if you have used the words; I can't afford leads, well here is the solution.

"Dream Big and swing for the fences" Me

Brian
    Discover the CWB
  5. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Thanks Adam!

Hey, I just noticed you sent me an email about this [​IMG]

Lora
  6. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I signed up for the free leads as was impressed with the info...for free you cant beat it. I would defiantly place a disclaimer in the body saying they opted in and that in order to unsubscribe they need to reply with unsubscribe or shove this in your auto responder and let it do the same.

Does anyone have a bad experience with this?
  7. wealthymarket

wealthymarket New Member

Hmmm...very interesting point, Adam. I will take that into consideration as I look into this. Thanks for the feedback. [​IMG]
  8. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerA lead is a lead is a lead and is only as good as the person working it was what I was taught.
    I was taught differently. My first vocation was in the life insurance business. Which would you rather call? A name out of the phone book? Someone who has a company policy and may need to have it reviewed? Someone who had asked their brother for a good company and he said to call us?

How about someone who spent 3 minutes answering questions and giving answers to an automated dialer which called them out of the blue - and at the end said they wanted/needed to get some life insurance and save for retirement?

A lead is a lead is a lead????????????? I don't think so, sir. What about if a lead company called people for you and got them to go to your site and register so you now know they have seen the presentation? So you are only are talking to people that have viewed your personal "pitch" and are now asking you to call them back?

A lead is a lead is a lead??? Ok - that being the case - all the above examples are equal?
  9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Bob,

You bring up some great points but I think you are missing a key ingredient here. First off all of the leads are people that have opted in for a business opportunity. Second you have to understand what Coastal Vacations is all about. I know you have been looking at this business for quite some time but as far as I can surmise you havent taken the leap and gotten started yet. If you have then forget my next statements as they dont apply as having gotten started and doing the task will show why what im saying rings true.

You see the Coastal business is about travel. Its a 7 trillion industry that is growing rapidly. People will always travel. Whether its on vacations to Disney , cruises or even to see relatives for the holidays or just to visit. For that reason our business is something that will forever be in need. Add to the mix that we offer travel at an incredible discount. Now imagine when you approach one of the leads you market this product based on the travel aspect. You ask questions about how they travel. How much they spend. What would be their ideal trips. You show how this package will SAVE them money on something they are already spending money on. Then when they see the value of the product explain how they can make money if they are truly looking for a business opportunity as well. But first and formost if they see the value and buy then you kill two birds with one stone. You move product which is why we are all in business and you give them the tools they need to begin to market this package themselves. They will have a real world experience they can relate to so when they get on the phone with a prospect they know exactly how to get someone else to buy. Most sales are done on an emotional level. To either alleviate a pain or illicit a pleasure response. Marketing the way I just described does both. Its like picking Tom Bradys' pass off at the goal line and running it back 100 yards for a touchdown to win the game. I had to put a football reference in here somewhere. Im from NYC and know the Patriots are big favorites but would love for the Giants to pull it out.

In this scenario a lead is a lead is a lead. I understand that in many businesses you need targeted leads but with Coastal everyone is our customer as everyone travels. Even if you approach businesses Coastal is right for every business. They either need new customers which we can help them get. They need to retain existing customers which we can help them do with travel incentives or they need to reward their employees. Coastal fits every scenario.

These leads are so different than just calling out of the blue as they have requested info and we offer something they can use. Coastal is a unique entity. It's so different than so many other opportunities on the market. Be rest assured ive tried many of those opportunities and have an extensive background in retail sales, B2B sales , sales management as well as corporate sales. Ive been there and done that. Ive called from the phone book making cold calls. Ive bought leads from lead providers and called them. Ive made calls with my team. Ive lead live prospecting calls with old CSG. Understand my statement a lead is a lead is a lead is directed toward how it applies to Coastal Vacations which you can see I have an extensive background in as well.

I appreciate the differences of opinions we have but my goal is to share my experience with everyone that comes onto the forum. Everything I say comes from me having been in the trenches with Coastal Vacations and sharing real world experience with all that attend the forum.

I hope you have joined Coastal Bob. You have been on the fence for a while and as I appreciate your comments here I find them hard to really get behind as you havent made the commitment to this great opportunity that you post about so much. If you have joined then congrats and be sure to contact me for my referral link to get started with your 5k free leads a month with Free Leads. Its a good way to get you business jumpstarted. As you have phone experience already these leads wont just be practice for you but rather something you can translate into sales.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  10. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Ok, everybody, I have to be honest and tell you what I have learned with the free-leads.net site. I went in and signed up and then used another email address to sign up again just to see if they are giving each person the same leads. Unfortunately, they are. I downloaded the file from each of my profiles which were nothing alike. Both zip files were exactly the same. So this means that everybody that signs up is going to get the same 1250 names for the week and these people are going to get bombarded with calls and emails. I think this company is associated with MLM Power Marketing which I used for a couple of months. It's an autoresponder that you can upload leads to and send them out through their server. I learned later that they were also selling leads as another company and those leads were years old, in some cases. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but I felt I needed to let everyone know the situation. You could still use the leads but they are definitely not different for each person. If anyone else has signed up this week, just check the first name on the list. On mine it is Johnny Daughtery from Florida. Let me know if yours is different.
  11. CarolinaConsign

Hey Harold!

Quoting: hsimpsonjr If anyone else has signed up this week, just check the first name on the list. On mine it is Johnny Daughtery from Florida. Let me know if yours is different.

I signed up last week, but I ran the leads for this week, last night. I don't have a Johnny Daughtery from Florida on either set.

Quoting: hsimpsonjrI went in and signed up and then used another email address to sign up again just to see if they are giving each person the same leads.

Unless you used a different cpu or server, your different profiles will show the same ip address. I'm not saying that is why you received identical leads, but it is a very common practice used by many businesses.

You bring up a good topic Harold.

It is so important to look at any leads you get.
    They should have 2 very important features:
    1. an ip address
    2. a date and time stamp (recent)

Hope that helps!

Brian
  12. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I thought about that, too. I will sign up tonight at home with another email address and see if I get the same ones.
  13. asebf

asebf New Member

Adam,
    I was not taking a shot at you. Just making a point that I very much disagree with you. I have been helping my salespeople for over 30 years. There are not many who like to call cold. In fact in 30 years I am not sure I ever met anyone who liked it.

Some did it - did not mean they liked it. [​IMG]

To not [​IMG] answer your question: My degree of involvement with CV is not public, hence no tag lines at the bottom etc.
  14. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: CarolinaConsignIt is so important to look at any leads you get.
    They should have 2 very important features:
    1. an ip address
    2. a date and time stamp (recent)
    Date & time stamp. It would be a wonderful world in the lead buying business if all the lead companies did not "re-date" their leads.

Sorry - ALL I am sure - do not do this. I have ran across several that do. When they do - it puts us/you at risk of contacting them past the 90 day window. Be sure the lead company will back you if you get a complaint.
  15. CarolinaConsign

Quoting: asebfBe sure the lead company will back you if you get a complaint.
    Great point Bob.

Like you I am sure that some lead companies "re-date" their leads.
    I imagine as long as you keep the original file and use the leads within the 90 day window, you would be safe. What I have from this leads vendor is a printed document that says these are opt-in leads, which means they agreed to be contacted.

I try to look at the glass as half full, when it gets past that point, I just empty the glass and get a refill.

Just My Views!
    Brian
  16. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Ok, folks, I am at home now and I signed up again using this computer and IP address and I am still getting the same file. I need someone to go to my referal site and sign up and see if you get the same file too. Private message me and I will send you the link.
  17. CarolinaConsign

Hey Harold!

Even though I don't have the same guy you named, I did find out something from the website:

"Please note that Free-Leads.net in no way endorses spam and in no way is to be held responsible as to what members do with these leads. At the time they are posted they are assumed to be in good condition and of reputable content. All members of a specific referral level will get the same leads for that week (after all, they are free). "

I reckon' you were right, we all are getting the same leads by that statement. I have gotten a couple good responses though, so they are worth what I paid. [​IMG]

Thanks for digging deeper Harold!

Brian
  18. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: CarolinaConsignI have gotten a couple good responses though, so they are worth what I paid.
    How - if I may ask - or what was your method of contact? If you dialed 5000 people, we need to talk. Whatever they are paying you - I'll beat it. [​IMG]
  19. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Quoting: asebfTo not answer your question: My degree of involvement with CV is not public, hence no tag lines at the bottom etc.

I for one appreciate your post but cant seem to understand why you continue to post in the Coastal thread but havent gotten started. Then your tone in that your involvement in Coastal is not public sends the chills up my spine and makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Good luck in whatever your role in Coastal is though. This is a great business as we get attention from even those not involved as you all can see.

But back to the leads. I look at it this way. Throw them in an a/r or call them if you want. They are free. If you get a sale from them great. If not no loss. You all know im one for creating my own leads. After the "FTV Situation" I swore off of lead companies and now do all of my own marketing. But if a free option comes along then I go for it. Thats the great thing about Coastal. It's your business. You can chose to use something or not. If you thing its not for you then leave it be.

My goal as always is to help as many people as I can. If I come across other options to share info I will. Many in the home business arena dont do that. I ran across a guy I met online that is in a home based business that has a referral number in the 300's in the free leads thing. Now ive known him for almost 3 years now and he never shared this with me. We arent even in direct competition for customers as his business is in health. But he still didnt share. Now everything I bring to the table wont be for everyone but you can be rest assured as it comes to my table I will share it with you all.

The leads are free use them if you like. If you dont like them then dont use them. The choice is yours.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  20. CarolinaConsign

Quoting: asebfHow - if I may ask - or what was your method of contact? If you dialed 5000 people, we need to talk.

Hey Bob, I'm glad you asked what method of contact I'm using. I'm just dialing them! [​IMG] I'm actually being very selective in which ones I call, there is something I saw that perked my interest, and I'm running with it.

5000 dials; lol, I have a family that is more important than that. Maybe I would do 5000 with an auto dialer, but I haven't looked that way yet.

Quoting: asebfWhatever they are paying you - I'll beat it.

That's priceless![​IMG]

Brian