What would you do with free leads?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Jan 21, 2008.

1. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerThen your tone in that your involvement in Coastal is not public sends the chills up my spine and makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
    Glad I got a reaction from you. [​IMG] Adam - you choose to be very public with what you do. I do not. I am very careful about who I choose to do business with. Getting people from online sources when they have not been referred to me by a trusted source is not something I am interested in.

So -- glad to be of service keeping your spine chilled. If I can do more to help you out with these conditions - let me know.
  2. Bill D

Bill D New Member

This is what happens to grown men when deprived from football for any great lengths of time.

Lets focus on whats ahead............back to sharing and playing nice.[​IMG]

Bill
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Actually ive been getting a good dose of MMA which I love Bill. But back to the topic at hand. Free leads. The great thing about being a Coastal member and running your business is the freedom you have. I truly appreciate people not jumping onboard with a lead option. So much has been put on leads in Coastal. I for one try to never pay for any leads as they rarely are what the companies crack them up to be. Id rather do a fundraiser, a customer appreciation day or advertise my lead capture pages and generate my own leads. Im also starting to put together a video library just as Jeff was talking about. My Youtube page is going to be awesome. My user name is ateamcoastaltravel so you guys can see what im talking about already.

With these free leads some will jump on and some wont. Ive been advertising this everywhere and I have to tell you my response has been amazing. Im very close to being at the diamond level and will probably be by the end of the week. Thats 80k leads to go in my a/r as well as a nice group for me to call. Having been in sales im used to when I call people they have been approached before. Thats the nature of the beast. Plus with my free Coastal Option im truly confident that people will join with me. Im just about finish my website and putting together my video trainings on making calls, running travel parties, generating leads online as well as a bunch of more topics so I see this as being a good thing. I even found that the same company has surveyed free leads as well so I just signed up for them as well. Any of you looking for the referral link can contact me.

Now on a different note I want to say the reason ive addressed Bob is because he post time and time again as if he is an expert on Coastal. Now of course this is a free country and you can post anywhere but ive seen people take Bob's advice on Coastal as gospel. If he isnt a member by making his investment as of yet that concerns me. I dont want my prospects taking Coastal advice from an outsider. There are enough true members here that can advise them. Again he is free to state his opinion. But by the same token so can I. I think is not a smart idea to take advice about Coastal from someone that for whatever reason cannot state if they have or havent joined yet. I wouldnt want a director that again cant say they have joined. Thats not the support and training anyone needs. Ive been involved in plenty opts. Some good some bad but will always be public with my involvement. Not being public with it lends people to believe that their is a hidden agenda or something to hide. Now this may not be the case but with all the shadiness surrounding so many people in Coastal do we really need more of the same?

Bob this is not a personal attack by any means. In fact you know that most of the time you PM me or write something as a comment to something ive posted I usually ignore you. This time I felt compelled to answer back. No hard feeling just business. I think your post hurt the Coastal opportunity as you comment as an expert and in my opinion you arent as well as you wont comment either way if you are or arent a member. You are welcome to continue to post but this is a Coastal Thread for members with experiences to share as well as people looking to check it out by asking questions. Im not sure where you fit.

This will be my last "PUBLIC" response to this. If you need to contact me you know how.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  4. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Wow this thread is only slightly out of control[​IMG]

I put the list to the same experiment as a few others and did notice MANY similar leads. I did notice the site said they upload new leads every week so perhaps there is goign to be some overlap.

Are they good leads... I lead is a lead in that you have a new person to cnotact, but to say that the perfect SALESMAN can close ANYONE regardless of interest is a but naive at best.

TARGETED leads will always be better, BUT you can CREATE(to an extent) targeted leads...by this I mean you can get some people to realize they "really are interested" in what you are selling.

Is this good program? 4/10 is what i'd give it. Half the email addresses don't work or don't exist. If you have an auto responder that lets youshove names in the go for it through an import or something,if not then I wouldn't waste my time...unless you have lots of free time.

Even then I would focus my energy on creating my own "list"...

THough this would be great as a free give away...eh maybe
  5. cebarber2

cebarber2 New Member

As is always the case, the very best lead is the self-generated one. You never know what you're getting with paid leads. It's a crap shoot at best.
  6. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerYou are welcome to continue to post
    Thanks for your permission sir. Can you just let this drop and go watch a football game as Bill suggested? I can't believe you got your panties all twisted because I disagreed with you.
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Open and Cebarber you both bring up a great point. Generating your own leads is always the best. When someone sees one of my own lead capture pages they know about me as well as my program. The results from those leads are so much better than from any leads I have bought or that ive gotten for free. Now im always open to get free leads. You can dissect them however you want but the bottomline is they are free. If something comes from them its a windfall and if you get nothing from them then you havent lost any investment.

Im extremely happy getting free leads even if they are shared by others. When you are around this industry long enough you understand that people answer ads about home based businesses all the time. Ive gotten duplicates from different lead companies in the past. Ive also called people that have seen Coastal or other opportunities from numerous reps many times in the past. I feel confident when I get on the phone as people dont buy opportunites as much as they buy from people. My skill set makes me good on the phone and my sparkling personality is always a winner.

My advice is to learn methods to generate your own leads. If you do buy leads id say buying the email leads that are usually a few cents per lead are your best option. Put them in an a/r and when you have time then call them. Be sure to have a good approach as you will most likely get alot of no's and not interested.

If any of you need free leads my link is in my signature line and I also now get free surveyed leads. Free is a good thing.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  8. montanaboy

montanaboy New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerI feel confident when I get on the phone as people dont buy opportunites as much as they buy from people. My skill set makes me good on the phone and my sparkling personality is always a winner.

I'm with you Adam, I admire people that have went through the learning curve, and are able to connect with people. Being able to take free leads find some real jems in them is a good thing. And they are FREE thats a pretty good return on investment.[​IMG]
  9. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hey MontanaBoy,
    I see you are into RC Flying. I used to be several years ago. I even tried the Helicopter side of things. Man, that was expensive. How long have you been flying?
  10. montanaboy

montanaboy New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrHey MontanaBoy,
    I see you are into RC Flying. I used to be several years ago. I even tried the Helicopter side of things. Man, that was expensive. How long have you been flying?

Harold
    I've flying rc's for over 23 years, great way to spend time with your kids if they IF they like it, and mine do ya it's cool..[​IMG]
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This thread has been extremely fruitful. The buzz is back. Its important that as leaders we share ideas as we come across them all the time. Of course many of us wont agree and from time to time the discussion gets heated. Ive learned that when you are the one sharing you open yourself up to just about anything.

Many are afraid to share great tips and strategies as they are fearful that others will benefit more than them from those ideas. Thats an unfortunate way to think. I believe that only by sharing does this all work. Day in and day out I learn from so many in this forum. Jeff Mills added some great content the other day. I have to truly feel it was inspired by this thread. Jeff saw good info being put out and felt compelled to add more. I want to thank Carolina Consign aka my buddy Brian for his amazing new thread on B2B. Brian is great at B2B. We have had conversations about that in the past and im so glad he felt compelled to start such a good thread.

I know there are so many more of us out there that have something to add. Ive always advocated starting you own thread. Its good for getting you higher search engine ranking as well as it brands you as a leader.

I will continue to share all I can to make Coastal better. Not everyone will always agree with me but I dont think anyone can disagree with the fact that I am always willing to give back. My question to you all is what are you willing to give to the pot? If you feed the machine it will feed you back.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  12. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I couldn't agree with you more. And at the same time I couldn't help but disagree with you on a few items as well. That, in my opinion, is what makes what we do so much fun. Different strokes for different folks I always say. I think each and everyone of us brings something new and different to the table if only because we are all in very different markets with very different leadership and experiences. I think it is important to find a group like the one on this forum where Ideas are shared openly and freely between us. I know I've learned so much in my brief time here that i've been able to translate into results for both myself and my team and at the same time i've been thanked for Ideas from people who've seen results from my suggestions.

It is definitely a give and take, KARMA, if you will.

Best of luck to everyone with whatever leads you use[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Gil
  13. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

Hello,

We were taught how to find highly targeted leads for our business for free. Once we saw how easy it was, we then signed up for the use of a system to keep everything organized and flowing. It costs us less than $20 per month and includes a wealth of lead generation tools and training materials. Now we teach others how to find leads for their business for free. And many of them see for themselves how easy it is and decide to sign up for the same system we signed up for. Now they have the tools and training to find leads who learn how to find leads who learn how to find leads. $20 per month is peanuts for that kind of duplication. We don't even have to be in the picture unless we really like to be. We don't matter. The system matters.[​IMG]

Rob & Rayvin
  14. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Rob and Rayvin,
    please tell us the system you use so we can check it out for ourselves. Thanks for the info in advance.[​IMG]
  15. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

Absolutely. In particular, the second signature line in our file below is the one you'll want to consider clicking on for more information about our system.

Rob
  16. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Thanks, Rob. I looked at the site and it sounds very interesting. I'm going to ask some questions for the benefit of all of our members here in the forum because we all want better, more targeted leads and if we can get 5 to 10 of those a day for $20 a month, like the FAQ's of your site said some are getting, then we would all be ready to sign up.

Your site says :

"Don't bust your budget buying leads. In just 30 minutes, you could be generating your own fresh, high-quality, targeted leads for pennies apiece. "

Are these leads that are generated by Mentoring For Free for us or are you training us on how to use Google adwords, Yahoo search marketing and all of the PPC search engines? In other words, are the leads that are generated costing more than the $20 a month or are they generated within the $20 a month?
  17. victorious

victorious New Member

What would I do with a free lead? I would first make sure it's a real lead and not a lead that came from Spam. Make sure they requested information about starting a home based business.

Second, I would have my assistant call them and get them warm. If they are still interested after she goes through the script, I call. If not, I don't waste my time.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    (770)995-0029
  18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Matt,

Id love to hear an outline of what your assistant says when they call. I think that sort of info would be great to many of the new members that are still trying to learn good phone skills. I love the use of the word "warm". It's so important to bridge the gap when you get on the phone as that can be the difference between a sale and no sale. You only get one change to make a first impression.

I also think that many of us focus too much on the business aspect of Coastal. The numbers show that most people dont succeed in any type of home based business but the numbers also show that people are always traveling. If we put the travel aspect first I think that it really doesnt matter where the leads come from. Everyone is a potential customer and if you present the info correctly the first time on the phone they should be interested.

Something like this could work.
    ================================================
    Hey _____ . I hope I caught you at a good time and only need about 5 mins at most of your time and I promise it wont be painful, I wouldnt give you a big sales pitch and im actually going to to give you a gift for hearing me out.

( You can change this statement to whatever fits your style. I like to let them know its only going to be a few minutes and im not trying to make them buy something right now as well as I will be giving them a free gift.)

Do you and your family travel?

If so how often a year ?

What do you normally spend ?

What type of accomodations do you like to stay in?

Why?

If they say hotels ask if they could stay in a condo for the same prices would they?

Thanks ______. Okay as I said this wouldnt be painful and as you have answered all my questions I want to give you a gift and let you take a look at a website that might save you some money on the travel you are already doing. There is no obligation to buy anything to get your gift so again im not trying to give you a sales pitch. In addition if you let some of your friends know about the website I will upgrade your gift.

Here is the site to take a look at (your retail website)

Thanks for your time and if you have any questions give me a call or email me here. BTW can I verify your email so I can send you all this info. Thanks. All my contact info is on the bottom of the email I will be sending you.

================================================

Quick and to the point. It also seems to work better for me to lead with the retail aspect. Those looking for a business usually ask me how they can make money once they see the value of the product. They understand that others just liek them will like it and it makes them believe they can market it or sell it themselves. Just my opinion as I build better with retail than I do with opt seekers. The competition for free and low cost opts is so high. Thats part of the reason I created my free option to turn that tide.

Adam Frederick
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  19. victorious

victorious New Member

Hey Adam and all,

On our script we don't really focus on the traveling that the person does/would do but on how much money they want to make this year.

We are not apologetic about calling them, we make sure to tell them that THEY requested that we contact them about starting a home-based business and we want to find out how we can better help them.

We created our own script using the Dani Johnson script book as a guide (danijohnson dot com). She is an absolutely awesome Christian trainer and if anyone just follows her scripts his success rate will increase significantly, as well as his confidence on the phone.

Finally, my advice to you all is to just ask for the sale. Most people will not close themselves, so after you answer all their questions and ask them if they have any other questions and they say no, just say: So, (first name), would you like to put it on a Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Discover?

It works, over and over and over, it has worked for us.

These are my two cents, hope it helps and encourages somebody to keep going!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029
  20. grnwealth

grnwealth New Member

Yes organic advertising is the best way to create leads. KNOW your marketplace and who you are looking to market towards. Then partner up with people who are have lists or customers who would be interested in what you are offering.

I am with Global Resorts Network and I teach people how to attract others who have lists of people that will be interested in buying our membership and partnering up with them. I also attract people who cant afford the 10k-30k it takes to buy a timeshare as the global resorts product is a great downsell

But yes organic advertising is the best and everyone needs to become proficient at it.

Chris
    877-776-7503