What would you do with this survey? Need some advice...

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by twohuskys4di, Mar 17, 2008.

1. twohuskys4di

twohuskys4di New Member

Hi Everyone....I received an invite for a survey from Greenfield Online today. I would like your opinion on what you'd do with particular survey. It will take 30 minutes to complete, and includes (as you will read below) downloading a software program to use for this survey, check out websites, etc., etc. Here are the rules to follow for this survey:
    Some important notes for this particular survey - please read!!

-This evaluation will take approximately 30 minutes. We require that you take the survey in one sitting, and will spend the time needed to ensure thoughtful and complete answers.

- This survey will ask you to view designated websites, perform simple tasks, and report your experience with the sites. Your opinions and experiences are very important, and will be used by the survey sponsor for future development. Because of this, you must agree to not browse other sites, read email, or otherwise open a different window or exit the survey while you are taking it.

- At the start of the survey, you will be asked to download a small application that allows your browsing of the websites to be tracked. This is so we can see how you navigate the sites during the tasks. At the close of the survey, this application will self-remove when you finish - it's only active during the survey.

- Participants must actually attempt the tasks on the web site in order to be eligible for the reward and respondents who complete the survey much too quickly will be disqualified from the survey. A progress bar will be shown to indicate your rate of completion during the survey.

- You will need to be using one of the following to be able to take the survey:
    Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 9x, and Windows NT
    Browsers: Internet Explorer 5.01 and above and AOL 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
    - After several initial questions, if you meet the survey requirements, you will be taken directly into the evaluation. We will keep your responses in the strictest confidence, and they will be used for research purposes only.

*NOTE: Each survey has quotas and some will fill faster than others. The sooner you take the survey, the better chance you have of being able to complete it and get paid.
    We look forward to hearing your opinions!

Sounds good, doesn't it?? The problem I have with it is the payout:
    Reward: An entry in our current sweepstakes

My question to you folks, is would you do it? for a sweepstake entry? This is the first one I've ever seen like this, and just can not decide if it's worth it to take the time to download the software, which they don't tell you how long that will take, then do a "30 min." survey - which alot of them (for me anyway) take longer than that.

Please just tell me your thoughts on this or any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Di
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Di,

I used to be a member of Greenfield Online. My opinion was it was a complete waste of time. If you are going to take surveys to try to make money, they aren't the ones to go with. [​IMG]
  3. twohuskys4di

twohuskys4di New Member

Thanks for the reply Happy...that was kind of my First thought when I saw it was only for an entry into a sweep that I know I don't have a shot in H*&^ of winning.
    I am starting to wonder about them. Alot of sites I see have them listed as their top 10-20 sites. I signed up with them in January, and do hear from them everyday, sometimes 3-4 times a day....I've had well over 70 survey opps with them (probably more than that, by now-I've started to delete them), do you know what my total is right now:...bet you can guess $0.00.....!!! The ones that pay $1-3, I've never qualified for....and the ones I do, well they end up in that "blackhole" called an entry into a sweep....
    You're the BEST taking time to read my post(I know it was long!)....I think my decision has been made!!!! [​IMG] Thanks Again...Di
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

A mirror image of my experience! [​IMG]
  5. Quoting: twohuskys4diI would like your opinion on what you'd do with particular survey.

If they are not rewarding you for it then why take it. You are interested in making money not wasting your time and downloading some cr*p on your computer.

Quoting: twohuskys4dido you know what my total is right now:...bet you can guess $0.00.....!!! The ones that pay $1-3, I've never qualified for....and the ones I do, well they end up in that "blackhole" called an entry into a sweep....

Greenfield Online used to be from the better paid survey sites, lately the last year or two they are not sending out to many good surveys for people to qualify for. Many people are disappointed with them of late. Although they did add a cool new feature giving you the ability to get your money via paypal and not have to wait for them to mail you your money.

Quoting: happywifeA mirror image of my experience!

You are not alone out there.
  6. zeropoint

zeropoint New Member

Boo Greenfield!! They make you waste a lot of time just to take surveys even tho they promise cash before you even open the email, they guarantee the cash, but then you don't qualify.
  7. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I feel bad for survey takers, I've tried it a few times and well I think I'd rather do my own dental work without pain meds. I would recommend a pay for read email site, at least there you can make some money, and good money if you do it right. I would definitely encourage anyone tryin surveys to view the link on my site in my sig under and look at the income stream section you will find many PAYING ideas you can work with. I also give a pretty good breakdown of how to work these programs.

If you have any questions let me know.

Best of Luck,
    Gilbert
  8. twohuskys4di

twohuskys4di New Member

Thanks to all of you for confirming exacting what I've been thinking to do with Greenfield - UNSUBSCRIBE!! [​IMG] I am disappointed because I really did think they were one of the better ones out there (wonder what happened to them?) . Oh well, not MY problem anymore!! there are Tons more! I agree with you CashSurveysOnly - Paypal is the only way to go!! Bye-Bye to Greenfield for this gal!!! Thanks folks, you've been wonderful!!
    HAPPY EASTER to All of you!!
    Kindest Regards,
    Di
    P.S. Speaking of PayPal, have any of you had any experience with Clickbank? Is there a good/bad difference??
  9. mlynn

mlynn Member

Hi, twohuskys4di,

For this particular survey, I would not take it - 30 minutes just for a sweepstakes, not worth the time.

Regarding Greenfiled online, I have been with them over 3 years. At the begining, just like you - almost all surveys are sweepstakes. But over the years they became one of my top earning survey sites - because they have lot more interactive/focus group surveys, and I happen to qualify for quite some. Maybe it's just my demographic.

Right now 20% of the surveys they send me are cash surveys.. I only take those surveys, and ignore the sweepstakes ones unless it's a screener for interactives...

Recently they have changed their payment option to Paypal which is a lot faster and better than before.

It's just my experience with them.
  10. zeropoint

zeropoint New Member

Quoting: mlynnFor this particular survey, I would not take it - 30 minutes just for a sweepstakes, not worth the time.
    How would you really know if the survey was actually legit and did pay out? If not,then this would be a scam.Quoting: mlynnRecently they have changed their payment option to Paypal which is a lot faster and better than before.
    OK, so I'm taking this as they do actually pay out then?Just wondered.
    Thanks for the input.Quoting: mlynnRight now 20% of the surveys they send me are cash surveys.. I only take those surveys, and ignore the sweepstakes ones unless it's a screener for interactives...
    Problem is on a lot of them they don't tell you straightway,you have to start it w/o knowing what pay if any.
  11. mlynn

mlynn Member

Quoting: zeropointProblem is on a lot of them they don't tell you straightway,you have to start it w/o knowing what pay if any.

Hi zeropoint,

Greenfield online is a legitimate paid survey company.. they do pay..[​IMG]

I know what you are talking about - after they changed their system, some/lot of their surveys they won't tell you what the surveys about, how long it takes and what reward they give you.. for those I just delete the emails. There are surveys they will tell you the subject, time and reward.. I only consider those...[​IMG]
  12. fbl3ssingm

fbl3ssingm New Member

do you have any proof for this?

many of these survey portals are saying that they do pay, but they only give you 0.01c and tell you that you'll be paid when you'll reach $30 (you will need to work 30 months to get to this amount).

just my 2c...
  13. fbl3ssingm: do you have any proof for this?

When you ask such a broad question and want an answer try to quote the person you are asking the question to.

fbl3ssingm: many of these survey portals are saying that they do pay, but they only give you 0.01c and tell you that you'll be paid when you'll reach $30 (you will need to work 30 months to get to this amount).

You are referring to GPT sites and not survey sites. Survey sites which pay pay way more than .01, you get one cent for clicking in an email. For survey you get paid more.
  14. fbl3ssingm

fbl3ssingm New Member

CashSurveysOnly:
    fbl3ssingm:
    do you have any proof for this?

When you ask such a broad question and want an answer try to quote the person you are asking the question to.

What do you mean? Sorry, my english is not that Tall. [​IMG] Am I not allowed to post questions to whoever I want? If you're the admin, you think I won't be allowed to ask anything?

And why would I dig for that person that I ask the questioin? I think I should just ask if something seems not that relevant to me (personal impression and I appreciate it you'll respect it - No, I'm not saying you should think same way!!!-).

Thanks. If you have any question, feel free to ask CashSurveyOnly.
  15. fbl3ssingm

fbl3ssingm New Member

what is the difference between GPS and surveys:

"ou are referring to GPT sites and not survey sites. Survey sites which pay pay way more than .01, you get one cent for clicking in an email. For survey you get paid more. "

I am a newbie in all this MLM stuff, but very eager to learn and curious too. [​IMG]

Thanks.
  16. fbl3ssingm: what is the difference between GPS and surveys:

GPT (Not GPS) stands for Get Paid To. such sites pay you to click on links, sign up to free offers, enter your email address, sign up to offer by credit card etc.....

Paid Surveys is when you get paid to take a survey, its that simple. You take a survey and you get rewarded for the survey.
  17. fbl3ssingm

fbl3ssingm New Member

thanks for the exponential explication. [​IMG]

Now I'm better than before (referring to this GPT (yeah, I've realized I add S instead of T [​IMG] - here Human Being!)).
  18. fbl3ssingm: thanks for the exponential explication.

No Problem, I am happy I can help.
  19. Camburn

Camburn New Member

I too am disappointed with greenfield online, almost all the ones they offer to pay me for I do not qualify, I have exactly 2.00 in my greenfield account after almost a year, I have unsubscribed, but the mails keep coming, so i have been deleting like crazy, the only ones I seem to qualify for, are the sweepstakes entry ones.
  20. fbl3ssingm

fbl3ssingm New Member

Camburn: the only ones I seem to qualify for, are the sweepstakes entry ones.

I'm not opened for any sweepstakes... all these stuff are nothing for me and I don't want to make money or to earn anything without working or being a raffling guy (they do that and is their job... if they consider that is great to do it).

Again, I was dealing with even more surveys websites, and so far I've found something, but nothing major. I'll let you guys know who pays well and under what circumstances. [​IMG]