WHATS A FORUM SIGNATURE?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jnoa, Oct 21, 2008.

1. jnoa

jnoa New Member

I know this question sounds dumb, but as I said before I'm really new at online marketing. What is forum signature? Do you need to have a website to use it? I ask if you need to have a website is because all I have is this keyword.
    I don't have my own site. I'm really confused?[​IMG]

2. LauraLicata

LauraLicata New Member

jnoa: I know this question sounds dumb, but as I said before I'm really new at online marketing. What is forum signature? Do you need to have a website to use it? I ask if you need to have a website is because all I have is this keyword.
    I don't have my own site. I'm really confused?

Hi jnoa,

Your signature is your site, your blog, or your Squidoo lens...something that people can click on and see what you are representing.

If you are part of an affiliate program then that site can be in your signature.

If you go into your profile there is a place that directs you to your signature and you can see a link that says "BB code"

That is where you can get the instructions on how to do your signature.

I suggest getting a free blog at wordpress.com or blogger.com...You can also do a Squidoo lens as well which is not that difficult to do.

You do need something to promote though.

Take care,

Laura

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Your signature could also be just a message

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You can link to an affiliate website via your signature as long as you don't actively promote it - in other words, let your signature speak for itself. The code above looks correct, although you will want to remove the quatation marks.

5. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

The signature is one of the key elements to forum marketing, it is here that readers will have the opportunity to click your site.

Also having your website in the signature is one way to create some backlinks to your site to increase its SEO [​IMG]

6. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

Its just a link that you can have at the end of each message you write. You don't need website but the entire purpose behind having the signature is to direct anyone that clicks on it to your site. But I suppose you could have it direct to anywhere you want...

Namaste

P.S.
    There are no stupid questions. Anyone mindful enough to ask, is not stupid.

7. volybal3

volybal3 New Member

Hey Jnoa,

A signature is where people can click to go to anything that you represent or have your name involve with. It doesn't have to be your website, many people use their own blogs, or lenses they have on Squidoo, even Affiliate Links.

Hope this helps a bit,take care, and good luck.

Emmanuel