What's the best advice you have for getting your Coastal Business off to a rocking start?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by SAS78, Jul 13, 2007.

1. SAS78

SAS78 New Member

Any hints, tips, 'success secrets' [​IMG] that you're willing to share with us newbies is much appreciated! [​IMG]

Have a great weekend all!
    Steph
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hi Steph,

That all depends on your marketing budget. I've invested upto $32,000 per month in marketing....and I've invested $200.

The coastal budget leads dot com are a great lead source at a very low cost.

ContactTalk is another great source to market your business.

Plug into the Official Coastal Training and support at official coastal training dot com and official coastal tools dot com.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  3. cgmom

cgmom New Member

I can not imagine what kind of marketing you do for Coastal for $32,000!!! I hope that was a great month for you!!! [​IMG] You're my hero!!!

Nikki
  4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: cgmomI hope that was a great month for you!!! You're my hero!!!

Thanks Nikki,

It was a great month. The thing with Coastal Vacations is that SOME will become multiple six figure income earners and some won't. The difference is that you've got to be willing to invest in your business at the highest level.

I've done marketing that WORKED WELL....AND I've invested money in places that were a Total Waste of time. THAT'S why I'm so passionate about exposing the BS that I've seen from some directors and groups.

I paid $1500 for a Coastal Training Manual and when I got it...it had little value at all, BUT I own it and I've learned from it.

I invested $58,000 on personal development last year and MOST of it was a total waste of money. I could have invested $500 in books and gotten the same information as MOST personal development has simply been re-done.

Jay NaPier
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

My best advice would be to learn your product and get as many leads for as inexpensive as you can. When you learn the product you are better versed to talk to people and your confidence goes up. That is important when you are on the phone. Now on the phone you need as many people to talk to as possible. So get inexpensive leads. A lead is a lead is a lead. Thats the mantra of the CO-Founders of the CSG. So get as many leads as possible. When you start calling people and get a team going your income will explode. Remember duplication. Whatever system you are using and taught you should teach your team. Then they will be duplicating exactly what you do. So if you are working they will be working. I hope some of my ideas help a bit.

Adam
  6. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Steph,
    make sure and keep an open mind about different types of marketing. I am seeing that my favorite type of advertising isn't producing like it used to and it is MUCH more expensive. I used to do nothing but PayPerClick but I have seen that everyone else has decided to do it also so I am starting to change my focus to see what else works. Times change and so we have to change, also, so just keep an open mind. I have definitely had to look at new ways of marketing in the last couple of months.
  7. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I think that is a good point - to keep an open mind. When you are first starting out, you have expectations about what type of marketing is going to work and what is not. I think it is easy to get frustrated in the beginning because if something does not work out as planned, a person may think it is never going to work. Well, that is not true. You just have to keep adapting to the times. You have to make a DECISION that this is going to work. A decision requires action and adaptability.

I also think that a new person should not judge his or her success against what others have claimed to have accomplished. Just because you do not see fantastic success right away, does not mean that it will not happen. I believe that sometimes it can be misleading to a newcomer who is hoping to match that over the top success right away.

Noreen
  8. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

"What's the best advice you have for getting your Coastal Business off to a rocking start?"

To start with get a good Director, like me and my husband.....[​IMG]

Than start with leads, a 800#, autoresponder, place ads.

Terri
  9. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

BTW where is everyone? On vacation? [​IMG] Isn't our membership great?

[​IMG]
    Terri
  10. leadervisions

leadervisions New Member

Hello again,

I am new by 2 months and have made 1 sale listening to my director and the CSG and buying expensive leads and a program that lingers and the people don't want that. This does not work for me, I want to make money not linger around waiting on someone who doesn't want to go through all this; do this, do that.

Get r done

Thanks to some very nice people who cared when I started asking questions about a week ago. I made a choice to change what I was doing. I know that this will take some time being in transition but I am willing to work through it.

Thanks to all [​IMG]
    Barb
  11. Judy

Judy New Member

Hi Barb,
    I agree that if it is not working then change it up -no sense doing the same thing over and expecting different results.
    I am finding that people were not opting in to my vacation power movie or my landing page of WCYS (probably because there are so many out there). I am in the midst of designing my own web page and although it might not be ready until September I am hoping that it will get the ball rolling in having people interested in my business and me.
    When you are with the CSG can you change your websites at all? The problem I find when I look into your team's websites is that I rarely ever see a picture of the director represented and frankly I want to see who I am getting into business with and know as much as I can about them. The movie is O.K. but it is hard to set up.
    Anyways, wish you luck and hope to see more of you on the forum.
    There is a great group of people posting here.
    Judy
  12. leadervisions

leadervisions New Member

Thanks Judy,

I am learning and need this forum to work with me.

I am trying to crate a web site but it will be a little bit as I am new at this.

Meanwhile I am using the official site.. and may use them both together.. When I have the business and the cash flow coming in or I will get the contact talk program, it is the way I will go. Most of those programs do not tell you how they work before you buy. Contact talk has all the information to check out before you spend your money on it.. Thanks to Jay for telling me about it.

Talk to ya.
  13. SAS78

SAS78 New Member

What is the contact talk program?
  14. Contact Talk is a total contact solution. Keep track of your leads. and send and recieve Emails. set up campaigns and even do the dialing for you. I can send out a link ...as I cant post it here. Drop me a line and I can forward that to you.

Sean Keely
    level 3 Director
    FTV Distributor
  15. Judy

Judy New Member

Is this similar to an aweber type of company which can do autoreponders and you pay a monthly fee? I saw it on the official site and it was $595 plus for different voices. Is there a monthly fee attached?

At the cost I would want Contact Talk to be good for everything I would need to make sales.
    Question -if you buy leads but are nervous on the phone can you put them into your autoresponder system or make calls to them automatically and then have them call you if they are interested. Would this weed some out or do you think people want the personal touch of hearing your voice?

Judy
  16. cgmom

cgmom New Member

Hi Judy!!

I think contact talk sounds like a great program; however, I am not using it. Personally, I believe that a person who is interested in a business opportunity, Coastal or not, always want to talk to a real person instead of a recording. Just my two cents. I do know that whenever I get a recorded message, I hang up automatically. My big drawback for contact talk is that I dont want to use something that my new members can't use or afford to and when you are asked what program you are using and they find out the cost, they may feel at a disadvantage.

With that being said, people are using contact talk and are very successful so it is a personal preference.

Nikki
  17. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I run leads through contact talk for new members free of charge to get them started. I rarely use voice blast, but for the email capabilities it is great - very flexible.

Noreen
  18. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: cgmomMy big drawback for contact talk is that I dont want to use something that my new members can't use or afford to and when you are asked what program you are using and they find out the cost, they may feel at a disadvantage.

I've owned ContactTalk for over a month and began using it about 3 weeks ago. It's a fantastic tool for making connections.

When your on the phone with someone your #1 objective is to get them the information they requested about working from home. Now, you can make 20 minute calls or 3 minute calls, but the KEY is to get the information in peoples hands.

Today I've made 143 calls and of those 89 went to voice mail. The challenge when your making calls yourself is that you won't get everyone and you have a limit to how much calling you can do. For me it's about 2 hours.

I've been using it to send email as well. There's alot of flexability and the emails go out superfast.

New Members CAN use ContactTalk. You can use it with their leads AND everyone should get a copy of the software as it frees you up to do other things.

At only $595 it's a steal.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  19. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: jnapierToday I've made 143 calls and of those 89 went to voice mail. The challenge when your making calls yourself is that you won't get everyone and you have a limit to how much calling you can do. For me it's about 2 hours.

Jay, can you explain how that portion of ContactTalk works? I understand the autorepsonder side but not how it can assist in your contacting leads.

Thanks,
    Rhonda