What's the best way to get traffic to your website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by srama3, Feb 14, 2009.

1. kevin021

kevin021 New Member

Success in getting traffic to your website is directly related to one's own dedication, persistence and willingness to learn.

Fortunately I was able to find a system which has remarkable training and ideas that expose and drive traffic to my website.

If you're willing to learn, you'll start to earn.

Regards,

Kevin

[Link removed - Admin]
  2. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Just post articles duly optimized for your keywords to Ezine. Repeat it for hundred if not thousand times. I am sure you will see result.
  3. khofacre

khofacre New Member

Hi, I'm new. There is a lot of great information on here!! I can tell this is going to be a great deal of help!![​IMG]
  4. ZingerBread

ZingerBread New Member

I used usfreeads.com and also yahoo answers. I work well for me..
  5. Here are a few Free methods of getting traffic to your site:-

1. Write and submit articles . This will create traffic for years to come. Write quality unique articles, not articles that provide no substance for readers.

2. Submit ads to a high pagerank and high traffic Classified ad site such as USFreeads or Craigslist.

3. View related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own url if the product is similar.

4. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.

5. Comment on other related blogs, but do not spam.

6. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then leave a testimonial. Leave your url in your testimonial and you should receive some traffic.

7. Whenever you send an email to someone, include your website url as a signature.

8. Keep updating content on your websites/blogs... try at least once per week, if not twice.

9. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites. Sign up to Onlywire.

10. Use traffic exchanges such as Traffic Swarm which is very popular.
  6. Roseanne

Roseanne New Member

You are absolutely right. I have tweaked my long tail key words quite a bit, and hope that this will boost traffic to my sites. Hope that I'm done tweaking with this campaign!LOL[​IMG] Roseanne
  7. rosardz610

rosardz610 New Member

Hi,

This is my first post, I hope it helps [​IMG] I just started my own web page and I asked that same question, so far the best way or most popular way that I have read about for getting traffic is through ADword from Google since it's the most popular search engine "Google It" lol.

Here's a great tip I came across: If you pay top dollar which is about $5 per click (you set your monthly limit), your page will be in the first results page, but here's the great part, if you contact people in your niche that are not on the Prime Results Pages i.e. first page( ex: if u sell camping equipment contact someone that sells tents so on so forth) Let them know "I'm on the first page of Google and I will charge you a flat rate of $50 dollars per/month to advertise on my page" now if they have a web page they most likely now the cost to be on the first page of Google. If you get 10 people (which isn't hard to get) $50*10ppl= $500 per/month which you're getting prime market for your Web page and it practically pays for itself. Hope this was helpful ^_^

Sincerely,
    Rosa Rodriguez
  8. mwyawahf

mwyawahf New Member

1. Write and submit articles to the article directories.
    2. Leave comments on other people's blogs with a backlink to your site.
    3. Answer people's questions on Yahoo! Answers - Home.
    4. Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.
    5. Write a press release and submit it to PRWeb::The Online Visibility Company
    6. Advertise your website in the appropriate category websites Free Ads. Website
    7. Give an unbiased testimonial on a product/service that you have used in exchange for a
    backlink to your site.
    8. Start a blog and submit it to the 100's of free blog directories.
    9. Manually submit your website to the major search engines.
    10. Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.
  9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Ive been looking over this thread and there are some great bits of info on here. Many of them im using already but many are things I will implement.

Something that did come to me after reading many of the post is that alot of people think that you cant run an online business for almost free. My goal is to change that thought. Now I do understand that many of the methods such as PPC that does cost money does work but ive been running my business with a good profit for the past 2 years with a very limited advertising budget. Not because I can't afford to spend the money but because I don't see the need. Im actually saving to spend my money on nationwide commercial advertising which I will tell you is expensive.

The internet is a huge place with many tools. Having been fortunate enough to retire from full time employment very quickly into my business I had alot of time on my hands. In that time I did a bunch of research. You see the way we started our business was by buying expensive leads from various lead vendors. For us it worked. It was a combo of both my wife and I being good on the phone as well as our product being travel which isn't difficult to market. Now the problem we ran into was duplication. Many of our teammates couldn't afford to buy leads and weren't as good on the phone so they didn't have the success we had. We tried everything from live conference calls for our team to training sessions. We did make money but it was like having a second job which wasn't the reason we got started. We wanted the freedom home based business can afford you.

So we had to find an inexpensive way to keep our team members involved. We started a project of running our business with no cost. So we found free everything. From auto responders, to websites and all the way to leads. We learned about free advertising (I even did a bunch of FFA's and got thousands of emails). But the goal was to make sales and spend no money. Guess what. It began to happen. The internet is huge we found out. There were places to get free MLM leads so we used them. We placed free classified, we used traffic exchanges and wrote articles and blogged.

Now many will say this takes a long time. In my opinion it doesn't. You just have to do the research. I looked at the successful internet marketers and mirrored their work. I placed articles where I saw them place articles. I used the techniques they used as well. Very quickly I was seeing alot of success for no cost.

I will say that when you learn the skill of marketing for less you will see the retention rate of your downline rise. Most drop out as they aren't making money and are spending money on the expense of running their business. Cut out that expense and watch your profits rise.
  10. makingmoneynow

makingmoneynow New Member

One thing I love is the google search engine. I just search what i'm looking for and read read ready on what everyone is doing and what is most effective. Good old google.
  11. TerryReid

TerryReid New Member

Some great ways to have visitors come to your site is to create videos and upload it to multiple sites. Remember to put your url in the discretion section. I see tons of people forgetting to do so and missing out on thousands of fresh leads daily.
  12. msteel86

msteel86 New Member

Hi, everyone this is my first posting and I hope that this is helpful for you who are reading this as it was for me. Now what every one is saying about buying google adds are a good idea and posting on free advertising sites like craigslist and kijiji are good also. It does and can bring traffic your way. Coffee is on right track
  13. mnonline

mnonline New Member

You can either use free traffic generation method. However, it will require a lot of time and effort. I would recommend using paid traffic method since it will save you time and effort. Nothing if free anyway, you know what i mean...
  14. Kanga

Kanga New Member

Hi Srama,

I learned early that the best way to "progress", is to try out the differrent techniques outlined here in all the answers:articles writting, social bookmarking, traffic exchanges, blogs posting, search engine optimization, etc.. You have to organise yourself and apply a technique until it becomes secong nature and decide for yourself, be it good or bad, that way you developp your own way of working and discovering things online.What might work for me, may not work for you; for many reasons, so you need "Not to do what you are told" but learn "how to do it for yourself" .
    Look around yourself, we are being sold on the do it that way; but they never tell you "How" they really do it to be The success they are. Check my Profit funnel if you want more answers.[​IMG]

Cheers;
    [​IMG]
  15. cashrake

cashrake New Member

Hi Srama,

I don't know much about SEO just yet but I pick up some quality leads
    through a couple of listbuilders I am upgraded at. They are Viral Url and List Joe. You can email 3000 every 3 days with the gold upgrade.
    It's kind of expensive, but probably cheaper than PPC. You can get a
    yearly upgrade for just under $200 at either one. When you space that cost out over a year and look at the kind of lead you get it really is not that expensive. Just alot to absorb when you buy it. As far as traffic exchanges, they all pretty much suck. There are only 2 or 3 that really ever produce anything for me. They are TopSurfer,
    Traffic Swarm, and Traffic Safari. As far as the rest it's pretty much a waste of time. Your site will get exposure, however, but you won't sell/pick up sign ups or whatever you are into much.
    I like to do a good bit of classified ads as well. I think that has all been well covered from what I read. Hope this will give you yet another avenue to investigate.
  16. bunny06

bunny06 New Member

Thanks everyone for your posts. I'm considering all of your advice since I have a new website to promote. But, do Twitter and Facebook really help??
  17. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You can do articles and you can do videos and post them on YouTube. These 2 methods are free and can be very effective.

Tal
  18. Dennis Anthony

Dennis Anthony New Member

Writing articles is extremely effective, as others have mentioned.
    Before I knew anything about 'article marketing' I found that simple and informative articles always increased my traffic -and what's more ...my conversions increased as well.
    Go figure~!

[​IMG]
  19. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

That is why I used Site Build It for my website that cost 300.00 a year. They have the tools and instructions that teaches you to rank well with the major search engines. Key word content pages and links are key to ranking well and getting large targeted visitors. It has taken has taken me 20 months to build a website on a part time bases and currently get over 9,000 free visits a month.

Good Luck!
  20. jbpatlanta

jbpatlanta New Member

If you want visitors to your website you've got to think about how they get to your site.

1. They could click on a ad. These can be bought or free. You could use google adwords to advertise, but the learning curve is steep and you can really run up a bill if you don't know what you are doing.

There are plenty of places online to post free advertisements. Take advantage of them.

2. They could find you on Google or other search engine. Do some research and learn how to do SEO. Make sure each page follows good SEO practices. This will get you found in the search engines. With this method it takes much longer to get traffic. But, when it starts to come the traffic is usually there to stay much longer.

3. They might read about you from other sources. You can leave blog comments and leave a link to your site and people will click on your link.

You can create pages on blogger, wordpress, squidoo, weebly, etc and people will click on your link to your site.

my advice: do a little of each.

JBP