What's the best way to get traffic to your website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by srama3, Feb 14, 2009.

1. mreese601

mreese601 Member

It's real easy to get traffic to your site but if you want quality traffic and don't want to pay for the traffic it's a different thing! You can go to Google and pay them some money and they can send all the traffic you want! But you need to have some cash! But if you want some simple time tested methods create videos, that helps people, write article that helps people and then summit your article to article directory. And then to social sites. Do this and you will get traffics coming to your site.

2. hunysukle

hunysukle New Member

I use Traffic Swarm, Link Referral and Easy Hits 4 U.

3. alshuffel

alshuffel New Member

Hello srama3,

I know you want traffic to your website, well you can get traffic to your website very easily ...but ease does not mean succes, what you need to do is incorporate SEO along with SMM techniques, which would not only increase your web traffic but to some extent would also increase the conversion rate of your website as well.

4. advertisingsbiz

advertisingsbiz New Member

I will suggest Blogging on multiple topics and link it to facebook for people to "like it".

I have two blogs: www.alanchow76.blogspot.com and www.advertisings.biz which generate 50+ visitors per day (most came from Singapore)

People just love to surf and share info on the move.
    If you have many topics to share, chances are high if they can find you in Google.

Alternatively, Ad Words might work in some situations.

5. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

Forums like Warrior forum, digitalpoint would give you traffic if you contribute to those forums, you can also participate in Yahoo Answer as well.

6. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

The question is, what methods have you tried? Have you tried Facebook, Twitter, or other social media networks? Also, do you think you can post regular content enough to get 50 people interested daily?

7. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

Let's see . . .

Article marketing
    Blogging
    Guest blogging on relevant blogs
    Blog commenting
    Forum marketing
    Social media
    Press releases
    YouTube videos

. . . there are countless free traffic generating methods! Hope this helps[​IMG]

8. rexon

rexon New Member

I was wondering what a backlink is, & how do you backlink to your site. I keep reading that you must do it, but I don't even know what that is, so I'm in the dark, here. Can someone explain, please? Thanks!

9. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Quite a few viral traffic "machines" aren't worth your time, efforts, or energy. People clink on your links (but have no interest on what you offer) in hopes that their link will be noticed. Of course, people click on their links in hopes they'll increase their visitors, too. It's a vicious circle.

Sadly...Free classifieds and other useless sites are also a complete waste of our time. After all, insanity has been described as "doing the same things over and over again, expecting different results". Stop the madness!

Happily, there are some excellent ways to promote your website and business. Most have been mentioned here--blogs, articles, videos, newsletters, networking, and ebooks. These do take some effort, but pay off nicely. I have used all with success.

Inexpensive promotions also work extremely well--if you place them into the hands of decision-makers. Make sure the product is unique and or attention-grabbing. Don't simply hand them out to everyone you meet.

Here's to your success!

Brian

10. robpenn

robpenn Member

rexon, a backlink is a link (hyperlink) that is placed on a website that links back to your website.

For example, you build a webpage, then you go to a forum and leave a link back to your webpage.

The links at the end of most posts in this forum are backlinks to users websites.

11. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

Backlinks I would have to agree seem to be the life blood of getting traffic to your sites. Like robpenn stated as an example, in most forums, by using the signature in forums and setting up links, is a very effective way of gaining very specific traffic.

Chad

12. theveronica

theveronica New Member

Thank you all... learn so much for this post... cheers!

13. "RP"

"RP" New Member

Not sure if there is a 'Best' way.....but what works easier for me online is blogging for SE traffic & building relationships on Facebook.

"RP"

14. S Chakraborty

S Chakraborty New Member

The easiest way I have found for keyword search is use Google search advice accordance to your site content. I have increased traffic from nil to upto 200 unique traffic to my little 15 pages blog: susantac.blogspot.com and I continue search for better matching words to do better performance.
    Also add your site to as many search engines . You can try free upload services, may be they upload to few for free but I refer you go for free and use all types of search engines submission sites.
    best of luck.

15. SharrsHomeBiz

SharrsHomeBiz New Member

You can also Try a site called IBOtoolbox because its totally free and you'll get tons of traffic. I've never seen anything like it. Of course, you have to participate and stay active, but it is so worth it!

Sharron

16. RituAnand

RituAnand New Member

I have found that free classified advertising works quite well. Find some good classified sites like Craiglist and keep a track of the hits you have on your websites so you know which one is working for you and then keep going back and placing ads in the same sites. You may not get loads of traffic, but the traffic you get will be ones who are genuinely interested in what you have to offer.:)

17. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Putting a page for your business on Facebook and other networking sites will generate some hits you normally wouldn't get and the people who hit your site will have a genuine curiosity which doesn't hurt.

18. RituAnand

RituAnand New Member

I have a personal page on FB, but I don't want to mix it with business so I am thinking that i will start a new Business page. Any tips on how to do that and what to include in it?

19. SharrsHomeBiz

SharrsHomeBiz New Member

Create a FB fan page! That's what I did. There's a link if you scroll all the way down, near the right side, under the Facebook copywrite and click on "more". Then, you'll see where it says create a page. It will let you pick what kind a page it will be. I would include any info and links you want people to see. Once page is created, save it and give it a name that tells people what the page is all about. Then, you'll have a link to share with people, it will be something like www.facebook.com/your_business . Tell everyone to "Like" your page. The more "Likes", the more publicity.

Hope this helps!

Sharron

20. RituAnand

RituAnand New Member

Quoting ateamfuntimer "Id say the best way to generate traffic to your site is to offer something that people or marketers need. In my search to find more experienced marketers to partner up with ive begun to offer free tools on landing/capture/squeeze pages.

By offering free tools or anything free the amount of traffic I generate has increased dramatically. In addition I use traffic exchange and have begun to write articles. Another method I havent see posted here is to ask for referrals. If you have a happy customers most of the time they are willing to give you some word of mouth advertising especially if you sweetent the pot on their next deal with you."

That's what I would like to do too. Have been gearing up towards it but not quite sure exactly how to go about it. Any tips in that direction would be very welcome.)