Whats up with Google?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by makemoneyonline, Sep 30, 2007.

1. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Looks like google has deleted a TON of website from their index. In one of my niches, there were around 5 million competing websites for the keyword, and now there are only 1 million. Anyone know what is going on?

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

They may be eliminating MFA and auto generated websites which add no value to the internet

3. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Makes sense. Thanks!!

4. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

They have deleted my blog from there listings and it sucks

5. AaronH

AaronH New Member

I have noticed that Google is kind of peculiar with what it does sometimes. I have an outdoor related online store that ranks very high with a few certain key words. I actually go back and forth at number one with my absolute biggest competitor that has an actual brick and mortar store along with their online business. Now the other store can't be found with any key words on Google. Not even the store's name. I don't mind since it's not hurting me any. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to me down the road. Doesn't seem to make much sense as to why it happens!

Aaron

6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: HemjoeThey have deleted my blog from there listings and it sucks

Don't worry, it may come back soon.

7. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Google is always tweaking things to give their users the best experiences popssible.

8. surferket

surferket New Member

My experimental MFA site was delisted from Google Search but still on other search engines [​IMG]

9. aldanson

aldanson New Member

I heard of something called the google slap... happened a month or more ago and it really was a shock to people. I don't really know what or why it happened but google is a mystery. You make a new site and they put you on top of page one then a few weeks pass and your gone. As fast as they give they take away.

10. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

Quoting: aldansonYou make a new site and they put you on top of page one then a few weeks pass and your gone. As fast as they give they take away.

Aldanson you have got it in one [​IMG]

11. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I have also observed this with my new sites, very little incentive to build new sites, if you are getting traffic from Google. Other traffic sources are more reliable