Where is that crying and pullin out hair smiley when I need it:(

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by oregoncountry, Mar 2, 2009.

1. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

So far I am signed up with 26 companies and I have received several surveys in my email. However, I have not qualified for any paid surveys yet[​IMG] Is this typical for any other folks here in the US? There has got to be some surveys coming that want someone like me to fill them out[​IMG]

Just feeling discouraged. I have made several reward points to "enter" me in drawings but nothing in my paypal account yet. A couple dollars here and there but can't withdraw until I get to a certain amount. Oh well, I guess there is progress. I didn't expect it to happen overnight by any means but I thought I would have qualified for atleast one good paying survey so far[​IMG]

Hope others are doing better than I with that,

denise in Sams Valley OR

2. LyndaP31

LyndaP31 New Member

That happened to me too. Everything that came up I was not qualified for. I really don't know how much money one can make doing this or mabe you have to live in a big city and have lots of "toys"? When I signed up for a whole bunch of companies it was several years ago. I eventually quit. I don't mean to be a wet pillow :O(

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi Denise - better days ahead. [​IMG]

I gave up on the survey thing myself quite awhile back but there are others that seem to like it so they might stop by to cheer you up soon.....[​IMG]

4. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

thank you ladies. I don't know anything to be honest. I had a lot of email this a.m. but it was discouraging. I've signed with I think 33 now. I keep getting emails from companies asking me to join up with companies Im already signed with, getting more junkmail and also, halfway through a survey I find out I have to sign up for a credit card or something else before I can make money. I don't want to "apply" for credit cards or other things like that.

denise
    The New Official Whiner, [​IMG]

5. LyndaP31

LyndaP31 New Member

I know how that is [​IMG]. I did a few surveys where it took me 20 minutes and then they tell me I have to sign up with 5 or 6 of their advertisements before I get paid. What's the use if you have to spend piles of money to get $10? That's why I quit. Plus my email box wound up like yours, absolutely inflated with junk mail.

6. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

did you find something else to generate income from home lynda? You can write me at nwgrown@gmail.com if you would like to.

denise in Sams Valley OR

7. LyndaP31

LyndaP31 New Member

Yup I am pretty sure I have. Next week when I get paid I am joining the Revolutionary Matrix. [​IMG]

8. Gringo

Gringo New Member

Just ake sure the companies that you sign up for are legit ones read the privacy act section and make sure there just not spammers that will send you on wild goose chases. I try to make sure that the only ones I sign up with have a valid phone number and a legit bussiness address before I send them any of my information.

9. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

Hi Gringo,

I've just signed up with the sites that people here have mentioned, so far. But you are right, "I" need to read more on the site before I join it. I realized I really am not getting much more spam than I was. I am using a gmail account and it filters it out pretty good anyway. Im just discouraged because none of the surveys that pay anything have been for me, I haven't qualified, yet. But yesterday I got a "second wind" and I am still goin for it. This is something I can handle and there aren't many jobs I am "able" to do. I won't give up. I know that some people do for their own reasons but I don't see any options for me, not right now. I have started a blog to see if I might be able to be an Affiliate?? Can't remember what they are called. Anyway, have some advertising on my blog and anyone "buys" I get commission. Gotta run, thank you for your help[​IMG]

denise in Sams Valley OR

10. Gringo

Gringo New Member

keep your head up. things will start to turn around. have you ever thought about doing some mystery shopping? well short post hard to type on my cell phone.

11. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

oregoncountry: So far I am signed up with 26 companies and I have received several surveys
    in my email
    They will begin to pay off. Just keep with it. Remember, nothing comes easy. It seems that you have to prove yourself to the survey companies before they start sending you the good ones. I get at least $10 a day in my inbox. Thats a little modest.
    Affiliate marketing is something that you could look into.
    Just keep trucking girl. It will pay off.

Those ones that ask you to do offers or apply for credit or anything like that. They are not true survey sites. They get paid just for getting you to apply. Stay away from those.

12. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

At one point, I tried giving paid surveys a try. After hours and hours and hours of signing up with paid surveys companies, I earned $5 and started to get about 500 spam emails a month. So...in my experience, they were a waste of time. I'd encourage you to move on to something else.

13. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

thank you for the whole post pinky but especially for this. I have been getting some of these and now I know not to bother with them. I will stick with it. I believe you are right about survey companies really checkin a person out to see if they are willing to do the little stuff/tasks before they entrust them with the bigger ones[​IMG] Have a great day!! denise in Sams Valley OR

pinkyparrot: Those ones that ask you to do offers or apply for credit or anything like that. They are not true survey sites. They get paid just for getting you to apply. Stay away from those.

14. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

For me personally, I want to know I gave it my best shot, which Im sure you did the same. I am gonna hang in there since others have done well and if they can, so can I if I stick with it. If not, I can say I really tried[​IMG]

Have a great day, denise in Sams' Valley OR

getagrip: At one point, I tried giving paid surveys a try. After hours and hours and hours of signing up with paid surveys companies, I earned $5 and started to get about 500 spam emails a month. So...in my experience, they were a waste of time. I'd encourage you to move on to something else.

15. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

oregoncountry: For me personally, I want to know I gave it my best shot, which Im sure you did the same. I am gonna hang in there since others have done well and if they can, so can I if I stick with it. If not, I can say I really tried
    I'm sure you will do at least OK.
    It just takes time and effort

16. mlynn

mlynn Member

Hi denise, it is pretty common, happened to me too. Even after 4 years doing surveys, I still only qualify for about 25% or 30% of the surveys I got.

17. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

I need to find some other ways to earn money online as well. Where I don't have to "pay" money to work though because I just don't have the money to "buy in". I just did a caregiver job for the weekend and it was wayyyyyyy too much for me. I made it but I know my limits[​IMG] I just pray some more surveys will open up to me and also, other online money-makers. I don't expect or even need the big bucks. If I could make 1000 a month I would be ok. I know I won't make that with surveys, but surveys plus??

Everyone have a good day, I need to do one more morning at the caregiving position.

denise in Sams Valley OR

18. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

oregoncountry: I need to find some other ways to earn money online as well.
    You could also try affiliate marketing. Try to find a website host that is cheap enough for you or even free. Then build yourself a site or start a blog. Just make sure that whatever you build it around is actually something that you are passionate about ( makes it much easier in the long run). You can then get into programs (free) like clickbank, commission Junction. They will give you the banners or text links that you need and make some more money too. But keep upi with the surveys too. Every little bit helps.

19. Gringo

Gringo New Member

Have you tried the Mystery SHoppig at all. Just make sure you like to type long answers and have a good memory of people you come in contact with. I have done quite a few shops and the pay is ok but I hoonestly think I do it more to scritinize the people that work in the shops. Well keep us posted

20. oregoncountry: Is this typical for any other folks here in the US?
    How long have you been signed up to these companies for?
    Have you completed your profile, the more info you give the more survey invitations you get.

Good Luck