Where should I advertise work from home jobs?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by SKE11, Oct 13, 2005.

1. SKE11

SKE11 New Member

Hi

I hope some of you can help me, I have set up a business that I believe would ideally suit people who wish to work from home, there is no membership or monthly fee, no stock to purchase and you never spend any money on the business what ever.

It is a genuine opportunity that would suit anyone willing to put in some work and is not illegal or immoral in any way.

I have not included any contact details or a site link, as I do not wish this to be seen as Spam.

What I would like your help with is where should I advertise this opportunity, I have looked at several employment sections of ad sites and they seem to be mainly stuffing envelopes and answering emails or other dubious activities and I do not wish to be associated with this type of activity.

Any help with advice on how to attract hard working conscientious people would be gratefully received.
  2. philena30

philena30 New Member

You just have to network like everyone else. To say you don't want your opportunity posted with others that are unlike yours is unrealistic. This market is very competative! You have to post your business where ever you can. What's your optimization like for your website? Do you have specific keywords that are different from anyone else? Then type those keywords and search for your competition. If they are like everyone elses, then you just have to keep up and market.
  3. easttech

easttech New Member

SKE11,

Have you tried free traffic exchanges? They're all over the place and if you have a rather unique niche, your ads and banners will stick out from the crowd.
  4. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Be careful with the traffic exchanges some of the search engines will view them as harmful not helpful and if you have googleadsense on your pages you will be disqualified for using a traffic exchange. Your best bet is to exchange links with complimentary sites and use flyers, banners, etc to get the word out. Good old fashioned networking is still the greatest.

Connie
  5. philena30

philena30 New Member

Traffic exchanges are only good for increase your counter on your website, if you have one, but that's it. You have to remember that with traffic exchanges, people are just doing the same thing you are.
  6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Writing informative articles and submitting them to ezines/article directories is one of the best ways to get started. If you are not good at writing, you can hire freelance writers to do the writing for you. Of course it's recommended only if you are thinking long term as you won't see the results immediately. Here are the benefits of writing articles:

* You establish yourself as an expert.
    * You improve your website's link popularity and hence it's search engine ranking. This however can take very long time and hence it's not recommended for fast results seekers.
    * Few direct visitors from your article links.
  7. gary99

gary99 New Member

I agree with Vishal about writing articles. I've seen a number of hits in the last few days from articles I've written and submitted. The two top sites that I've used are:

http://www.buzzle.com
    http://www.ezinearticles.com

I've used a bunch of others, but haven't seen any traffic. If you're not lazy, though, submit to as many as possible. As Vishal says, creating links is a good long term strategy.

Beware of anything that claims to instantly move your site to the top of the search engine rankings. The only real long term strategy is to create good content, and build quailty links.

-Gary
  8. who67

who67 New Member

Quoting: philena30Traffic exchanges are only good for increase your counter on your website, if you have one, but that's it. You have to remember that with traffic exchanges, people are just doing the same thing you are.

I use traffic exchange programs to inflate my ranking on top sites. That is the only use I have found for them.
  9. philena30

philena30 New Member

Quoting: gary99Beware of anything that claims to instantly move your site to the top of the search engine rankings. The only real long term strategy is to create good content, and build quailty links.

I agree, and networking, networking, networking... You have to remember that traffic exchanges are just marketers doing the same thing you're doing. Some are hardly paying any attention to your site and are affiliates, so you see the same sites over and over. So I like surfing a few of them just to see my competition and know what's out there that legit! So it's up to you.
  10. twnuck

twnuck New Member

I wouldn't discount the benefit of offline advertising in newspaper classifieds. I would also create a "refer a friend" program so that when you do get workers you can give a $10 bonus or something for every person they refer to your program. That would ease your expansion needs a bit.

Todd
  11. inter

inter New Member

You can make your web presence by advertising on pay per click search engines, classifieds, traffic exchages and posting in work at home forums adding your signature etc...
  12. elias

elias New Member

Hi All!

I believe the most powerful way of advertising is
    is Google Adwords! I mean think about it, you only pay when someone click, that's like having a Newspaper ad, but you are only paying when someone from your targeted market looks on it.

Instantly you get access to millions of people with Google Adwords.

/Henrik
  13. trade786

trade786 New Member

Hi SKE11

I would recommend you to start writting articles and getting published in article directories, get link exchanges, and networking as much as posible. do postings in various forums.

Good luck
  14. kandmj

kandmj New Member

there are even some ppc that give you free "credits" when you sign up to test your stats with them.
  15. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

elias: Hi All!

I believe the most powerful way of advertising is
    is Google Adwords! I mean think about it, you only pay when someone click, that's like having a Newspaper ad, but you are only paying when someone from your targeted market looks on it.

Instantly you get access to millions of people with Google Adwords.

No doubt Google Adwords is the powerful advertising method. But it is one of the expensive way. If you are not careful with your budget, you will lose quite a amount of money with it.